Who Should Be The Big Bad In Thor 3?

Mjölnir;30075845 said:
First of all the movie universe is not the same as the comic universe (and neither is very close to the myths at all). They can change anything and there's been plenty of changes already.

Secondly in the most famous Surtur saga, written by Simonson, Surtur is taken down but the combined effort of Odin, Thor and Loki. It wasn't at all about only Odin fighting him.

Ragnarok is also not inevitable to go down in a certain way, as shown when Thor broke the cycle in the comics.

In order for that to work they would have to cast Balder. Otherwise who take the throne?

I either see Marvel using Lorelei or Enchantress' name Amora. Amora the Enchantress would more than likely be her official title
Besides MARVEL's Enchantress is two years OLDER than DC's, DC would be the one who'd have to alter the name

I could see this. In Guardians of the Galaxy, the movie always referred to Drax as "Drax the Destroyer".

No it didn't. I called him that ONCE (the one inmate said "you're Drax, the Destroyer).

Tom Hiddleston's/Loki's Fan Page on Tumblr...lol

Since the film is called Thor: Ragnarok my guess would be Surtur is the main villain of the movie. The other way Thanos would be the main villain is if he is now in position of the Infinity Gauntlet, got word that Loki is posing as Odin and decides to punish him and Asgard.

I just hope Marvel doesn't make try and make Thanos the one to bring about Ragnarök. I want the real thing. Thor's mythology is so rich. His universe extends way beyond the sci-fi concepts they've introduced thus far. I feel the franchise is in dire need of exploring some of its more far out concepts like Hela, Surtur, Jormungand, Fenris, Ymir etc. If they really want to bring Thor to another level like they say they need to stop holding back on the fantastical elements of his world.

I just hope Marvel doesn't make try and make Thanos the one to bring about Ragnarök. I want the real thing. Thor's mythology is so rich. His universe extends way beyond the sci-fi concepts they've introduced thus far. I feel the franchise is in dire need of exploring some of its more far out concepts like Hela, Surtur, Jormungand, Fenris, Ymir etc. If they really want to bring Thor to another level like they say they need to stop holding back on the fantastical elements of his world.

I agree in every way, RR! Now that the MCU has grown, the niche Thor's first movie filled can now be filled by other franchises. I hope Thor 3 doesn't play it too safe, and really lives up to the potential that his world has.

This. Easy

Surtur, with Hela and Thanos in a supporting roles. I'd like them to save Executioner and Enchantress for a Thor 4.

I just have a hard time thinking they will make Surtur the "Big Bad". I think he will be the muscle, the tool of "Ragnarok", and the plan of the "big bad".

I still think Thanos should be the puppeteer calling in the favor he did for Loki
at which point, they unleash Surtur on Asgard to distract Thor (who enlists Hulk and Valkyrie to assist him in muspelheim)
Thanos then uses this distraction to ransack Asgard and get the Tesseract while Loki plots against him, his plan to be unfurled in Infinity Wars, where he sacrifices himself to save the 9 realms and the universe

I really wanna see Odin Vs Surtur at some point to tho, so hopefully that happens somehow

I still think Thanos should be the puppeteer calling in the favor he did for Loki
at which point, they unleash Surtur on Asgard to distract Thor (who enlists Hulk and Valkyrie to assist him in muspelheim)
Thanos then uses this distraction to ransack Asgard and get the Tesseract while Loki plots against him, his plan to be unfurled in Infinity Wars, where he sacrifices himself to save the 9 realms and the universe

I really wanna see Odin Vs Surtur at some point to tho, so hopefully that happens somehow
This sounds great to me. Throw in Odin vs Thanos too!

Surtur, with Hela and Thanos in a supporting roles. I'd like them to save Executioner and Enchantress for a Thor 4.

Totally agree. Unless it was a brief cameo or planting a seed for a future story line, including Amora and Skurge would just seem shoehorned in at this point. Of course, I have no idea how the story has been written but it just seems that with Thor, Loki, the Warriors Three, Surtur, Thanos, Hela, the Valkyries and now even the Hulk there's no room.

With the tease of Muspelheim in the TDW and the title of Ragnarok I'm presuming Surtur is in this in some capacity. Further, the appearance of the peoples of Hel in AOU makes me think Hela will also be. The fact that Thanos will court death seems like a potential overlap with the character Hela. Also we don't really know Odin's fate and Hel seems a very strong possibility. Lastly, the fact that we have to end up at Infinity War and The Other warned Loki that Thanos would be coming for him if he failed - it seems a no brainer that Thanos will be involved somehow some way.

And man I sure hope there is a Thor 4. But that's probably hoping for too much at this point. Just glad he's getting a third film. Really hoping this franchise goes out with a bang.

Totally agree. Unless it was a brief cameo or planting a seed for a future story line, including Amora and Skurge would just seem shoehorned in at this point. Of course, I have no idea how the story has been written but it just seems that with Thor, Loki, the Warriors Three, Surtur, Thanos, Hela, the Valkyries and now even the Hulk there's no room.

With the tease of Muspelheim in the TDW and the title of Ragnarok I'm presuming Surtur is in this in some capacity. Further, the appearance of the peoples of Hel in AOU makes me think Hela will also be. The fact that Thanos will court death seems like a potential overlap with the character Hela. Also we don't really know Odin's fate and Hel seems a very strong possibility. Lastly, the fact that we have to end up at Infinity War and The Other warned Loki that Thanos would be coming for him if he failed - it seems a no brainer that Thanos will be involved somehow some way.

And man I sure hope there is a Thor 4. But that's probably hoping for too much at this point. Just glad he's getting a third film. Really hoping this franchise goes out with a bang.
I think there almost certainly will be a Thor 4, just not in the near future.

I would like to see Enchantress and Executioner at least introduced in this film. Heck, let Hulk battle Executioner like their fight in EMH while Thor is off fighting Surtur.

The big bad is going to be Thanos. Everything has to tie up to the IG. And also the visions Thor saw in AoU were of Thanos thus him returning to Asgard for whatever awaits them.

Just imagine having not only Hulk but Thanos on a mayor role in Ragnarok!

The big bad is going to be Thanos. Everything has to tie up to the IG. And also the visions Thor saw in AoU were of Thanos thus him returning to Asgard for whatever awaits them.

Just imagine having not only Hulk but Thanos on a mayor role in Ragnarok!

honestly, that doesn't sound near as cool as Surtur. We'll have plenty of Thanos later. Surtur makes Thanos look like nothing powerwise

all i can think of is the end of avengers 2 where tony talks about thors fingerprints....will we get the thor clone?

It definitely makes sense for Loki to use his status to reconcile with Thanos. Thats probably who hes been chatting with all this time. He'll probably kill Heimdall, give Thanos the Tesseract and thats 1 down.

all i can think of is the end of avengers 2 where tony talks about thors fingerprints....will we get the thor clone?
I hope not actually. I like the Clor storyline but leave him out of Ragnarok

It definitely makes sense for Loki to use his status to reconcile with Thanos. Thats probably who hes been chatting with all this time. He'll probably kill Heimdall, give Thanos the Tesseract and thats 1 down.
There were those rumors Loki had other schemes involving the Infinity Stones and betraying Thanos. BUT that was a few years ago and never confirmed

I hope not actually. I like the Clor storyline but leave him out of Ragnarok
i also find this idea rather silly...but maybe it was just a nod in aou to that possiblity to lift thor's hammer...but having tony building a robot thorshouldn't be in a movie...even if he's called ragnarok

honestly, that doesn't sound near as cool as Surtur. We'll have plenty of Thanos later. Surtur makes Thanos look like nothing powerwise
Which is the very reason to not use him in any of the Thor films.

Thanos should be the most powerful antagonistic entity in this universe, as that is what he is being built-up as. I mean, unless you save a more powerful character for after his run, it doesn't make sense to include a villain more powerful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"