• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

First Avenger Why does hydra look futuristic?

bhayes

Civilian
Reaction score
just a question. I mean its the 1940's right?

i have a theory. maybe since the cosmic cube somehow ends up in red skulls hands from thor which happens in 2010.

maybe there is a time travel plot and hydra gets future tech given to them somehow.

because other than that it makes no sense to have these gi joes in the film.

24qjm8h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Hydra's just into highly experimental weapons tech a.k.a a good excuse for the movie to give the bad guys some comic book SCIENCE! type gadgets. Though recent spoilers mention [BLACKOUT]the Cube is able to open a portal to "other dimensions of space-time" and that teh Red Skull is using it to power his doomsday weapons. So I dunno, I guess their could be some time travel going on.[/BLACKOUT]

does the superserum come from the future too? how about blue suits or indestructable sheilds?

I don't care where the tech comes from. Back in those days we had androids who could spontaneously combust!
(looking at those two behind Cap, they look like a crude amalgam of Stark's Mach 1 suit and War Machine)

Also, with such advanced tech, could mecha Zola be far behind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Hydra has some sort of backing from the Skrulls?

It is a superhero movie. Bad guys have always futuristic weapons.

A lot of science fiction taking place in World War II focuses on the idea of having Nazis experiment with futuristic technology. In fact, there are conspiracy theories in real life based around the idea. What they are doing with HYDRA is just taking that a step further.

just a question. I mean its the 1940's right?

i have a theory. maybe since the cosmic cube somehow ends up in red skulls hands from thor which happens in 2010.

maybe there is a time travel plot and hydra gets future tech given to them somehow.

because other than that it makes no sense to have these gi joes in the film.

Thats a very interesting idea actually. But if thats not the case I think we all could make a safe bet that the advanced technology has something to do with the cube. We already know that one of the reasons the cube is used is to give power to these new weapons right? I`ll bet there were crazy ideas back then in the 40s about having technology that even to our present day would seem futuristic, but the challenge is always making them or powering them up and ofcourse in the fictional world the Red Skull has that power source.

Why soldiers have suits like this?
captain-america-movie-8_480_poster.jpg

I hope that there is normal nazi soldiers too.

Actually during WWII Germany had weapons(or were in the process of developing them) that were considred futuristic and ahead of its time.

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/Secweap.htm

a lot of good pictures here

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?14644-WWII-German-Secret-Weapons-from-the-Air

They actually did make the worlds first working jet fighter plane, the 'Me 262'. That plane took its first test flight in 1941, and it went operational in 1944 (they also had another jet fighter, the 'He-162' in the air by April 1945).
Fortunately for the allies there were too few of them made and too late in the war to turn the tide.

If Hydra had futuristic weapons, why didn't the Nazis win the war? Even if they withheld their technology, surely it would've still been in their best interests to allow Nazi Germany to win rather than the Allies? After all, if Hydra is a splinter group, it is only one step away from Nazism rather than total opposition to their ideals.

If Hydra had futuristic weapons, why didn't the Nazis win the war? Even if they withheld their technology, surely it would've still been in their best interests to allow Nazi Germany to win rather than the Allies? After all, if Hydra is a splinter group, it is only one step away from Nazism rather than total opposition to their ideals.

I'll repeat, and remember this is what happened in reality with the weapons we know they did make (not just the jets, but the V1 bomb planes and the V2 rockets): too few of them made and too late in the war to turn the tide.

Because Captain America stops them.

So, we know Hydra has futuristic experimental technology back in those days....
But could their tech be...ALIEN in origin? ;) After all...Red Skull knows about the cube.

Guess we'll find out later.

Come on, no one thinks maybe i'm right on this? That Hydra's tech could have been partially reversed engineered from alien tech? I figure, if he knows about the Cosmic Cube, he knows about aliens. It's not a big leap to think that maybe it's not his first interaction with alien tech. :)

Cosmic Cube was put away by Odin for a reason, makes sense it could effect Hydra's tech to me too GP.

And if Thor becomes powerless and gets bannished from earth how come Loki just doesnt take over Asgard then invade earth. And I still havnt gotten around to seeing IM2 but I heard there is a robot army how come the world isnt over run by them........

It wasn't really a robot Army. There were I think a total of 5 robots against Iron Man and War Machine.

Edit: Why would Loki want to take over Earth when he has Asgard? Besides we don't know for sure if Loki tries that yet or not.

Last edited:
Come on, no one thinks maybe i'm right on this? That Hydra's tech could have been partially reversed engineered from alien tech? I figure, if he knows about the Cosmic Cube, he knows about aliens. It's not a big leap to think that maybe it's not his first interaction with alien tech. :)

Ok this idea is not impossible however I dont see why he `has to` know about any existence of aliens whatsoever just because of the cube. Though I hope to Odin that aliens ARE NOT involved whatsoever with CA or The Avengers!!! No skrull invasion (at least not until sequels)!!! Lets just keep it simple- Captain America+Red Skull+Cosmic Cube= Epic movie thats not overdone

OK I have some stupid questions- If the cosmic cube is so powerful and its one of the many things Odin has hidden away as part of some "collection" maybe? Shouldnt he or why wouldnt he hide it somewhere in Asgard or at least not on earth? And if its not on earth then how does the Red Skull get his hands on it? And if it is on earth then why did Odin think it was a good idea to put it here?!!! URGGHH! HELP!!!

OK I have some stupid questions- If the cosmic cube is so powerful and its one of the many things Odin has hidden away as part of some "collection" maybe? Shouldnt he or why wouldnt he hide it somewhere in Asgard or at least not on earth? And if its not on earth then how does the Red Skull get his hands on it? And if it is on earth then why did Odin think it was a good idea to put it here?!!! URGGHH! HELP!!!

Presumably he made his vault on Earth a long time ago when humans were still primitive, probably early on in Viking times, and didn't think we'd ever be able to breach whatever defences the Vault has.

And keeping it on Earth has an obvious benefit as long as his enemies either don't know it's here or lack the means to get here (probably the latter): If it's in Asgard it could be seized by invaders like the Frost Giants, but here it's beyond them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"