Why haven't the Avengers ever faced Apocalypse?

Silicon Surfer said:
The Phoenix being an aspect of the universe itself would incorporate the power of the Sentry as a part of itself. The Sentrys power is a small part of the power of the Phoenix in much the same way as your little finger is a part of your body.
The Phoenix is all mental power. I don't think she's an aspect of the universe itself, as she's not crucial to it's existance, or anything in it. If she "died" I guess there would be no more telepathic power or something. And no future Galactus. Okay, I guess I could see her importance. But then again, if she were but a mere aspect, that means she's only a part (and small at that) of the universe.

The Sentry is said to just keep going and going in the power spectrum. But as of yet, he's completely undefined, and so we can't really say whether he could beat her, match her, or lose to her.

Mistress Gluon said:
The Phoenix is all mental power. I don't think she's an aspect of the universe itself, as she's not crucial to it's existance, or anything in it. If she "died" I guess there would be no more telepathic power or something. And no future Galactus. Okay, I guess I could see her importance. But then again, if she were but a mere aspect, that means she's only a part (and small at that) of the universe.

The Sentry is said to just keep going and going in the power spectrum. But as of yet, he's completely undefined, and so we can't really say whether he could beat her, match her, or lose to her.
The phoenix is stated to represent life itself, just like in mythology.
Which is how the phoenix continuously can ressurect its host,like Jean Grey. I guess if it truly died then all life would cease to exist. But then again thats just speculation.

How sucky is it that you can probably give "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" to the Sentry and make him so conflicted that you'll take him out!:D

Sloth7d said:
The phoenix is stated to represent life itself, just like in mythology.
Which is how the phoenix continuously can ressurect its host,like Jean Grey. I guess if it truly died then all life would cease to exist. But then again thats just speculation.

I'd chalk that up more to Jean being "one" with the force itself. As like when (super bad comparison alert!) When Carnage was "destroyed", and it turned out that since it bonded fully with Cassidy, that it couldn't die without Cassidy also dying. But then again, it's speculation like you said.

Tropico said:
How sucky is it that you can probably give "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" to the Sentry and make him so conflicted that you'll take him out!:D

YOU!! You bastard, I've been looking for four weeks for you!! I had to give away that position to some guy three days ago cause I couldn't find you! >.<

Mistress Gluon said:
YOU!! You bastard, I've been looking for four weeks for you!! I had to give away that position to some guy three days ago cause I couldn't find you! >.<

What position? 69?:eek::confused:

Ooooooooooh! Well, since it's not me...I would suggest you employ someone you dislike as a taster. Just in case.;):up:

Tropico said:
Ooooooooooh! Well, since it's not me...I would suggest you employ someone you dislike as a taster. Just in case.;):up:

lol You?

j/k

Hey, maybe someone will flop, and a new position will be open.

Mistress Gluon said:

Sorry, but wrong. Galactus once tried to seperate the Phoenix from Rachel. Even though she didn't resist at all Galactus failed. As he exerted his power on her the stars themselves began to go out. Galactus had to admit defeat or destroy the universe in the attempt. The Phoenix was once said to have been born of the first spark of cosmic fire ignited at the instant of creation. This would probably make her the elder sibling of Eternity and Death and at least as powerful if not more so.

I almost forgot, Banshee could fly at the speed of sound so Siryn undoubtedy can too. This makes her faster than most fliers although many can indeed fly faster.

Silicon Surfer said:
Sorry, but wrong. Galactus once tried to seperate the Phoenix from Rachel. Even though she didn't resist at all Galactus failed. As he exerted his power on her the stars themselves began to go out. Galactus had to admit defeat or destroy the universe in the attempt. The Phoenix was once said to have been born of the first spark of cosmic fire ignited at the instant of creation. This would probably make her the elder sibling of Eternity and Death and at least as powerful if not more so.

Keep in mind, that was a weakened Galactus, as he was currently feeding on a planet, and had not fed on that planet. However, Galactus then quit only because of fear of destroying the universe, that doesn't mean Galactus is actually weaker. On the contrary, it shows Galactus showed restraint because he was capable of the task.

Mistress Gluon said:
Keep in mind, that was a weakened Galactus, as he was currently feeding on a planet, and had not fed on that planet. However, Galactus then quit only because of fear of destroying the universe, that doesn't mean Galactus is actually weaker. On the contrary, it shows Galactus showed restraint because he was capable of the task.

She also wasn't even trying to fight back. But it still supports my position that the Phoenix is one of the fundamental aspects of the MU. Galactus is also. He is the embodiement of the principle of survival of the fittest that Apocalypse sees himself as. Galactus comes to each world in time and that world must find a way to withstand him to prove to the universe that it is entitled to survive.

Silicon Surfer said:
She also wasn't even trying to fight back. But it still supports my position that the Phoenix is one of the fundamental aspects of the MU. Galactus is also. He is the embodiement of the principle of survival of the fittest that Apocalypse sees himself as. Galactus comes to each world in time and that world must find a way to withstand him to prove to the universe that it is entitled to survive.

I'm pretty sure it was said that only Galactus, Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, and Death are the only truly pivotal forces to the universe.

And rethinking the Phoenix ripping apart thing, I don't think the end result of the actual deseparation would end the universe, but the energy and force required to do it would.

I can't be sure but I think that it has been said that Infinity is from outside the MU. Oblivion was added after the Phoenix. Phoenix was said to be a sentient cosmic force as early as the original Phoenix plotline in the 70's although I don't recall them going into any detail other than saying that the Phoenix is infinately powerful.

Silicon Surfer said:
I can't be sure but I think that it has been said that Infinity is from outside the MU. Oblivion was added after the Phoenix. Phoenix was said to be a sentient cosmic force as early as the original Phoenix plotline in the 70's although I don't recall them going into any detail other than saying that the Phoenix is infinately powerful.

I'm pretty sure she's only as powerful as all psychic force combined throughout time.

Since in the MU even the stars are sentient and thus radiate psi energy, psi energy would at least match if not exceed all other forms of energy.

Omit the power cosmic which can even grant psi energy as well as block it. And since most people don't exhibit any psi abilities across the universe, nor do the stars, I would imagine that the power distribution throughout time isn't so obscenely massive that nothing could possibly stand up to it.

Mistress Gluon said:
Omit the power cosmic which can even grant psi energy as well as block it. And since most people don't exhibit any psi abilities across the universe, nor do the stars, I would imagine that the power distribution throughout time isn't so obscenely massive that nothing could possibly stand up to it.

Every living thing in the MU generates psionic energy even though they may not be psionic in the usual sense. We don't even know the basic nature of the power cosmic so it may very well be psionic in nature. In any case the infinite power of the Phoenix has been referenced since the original storyline. Given that the Phoenix can restore the dead to life even though Death is hungry for ever more souls and undoubtedly dislikes losing souls it already has and you have some admittedly indirect evidence of the power of the Phoenix relative to Death. She takes what she wants from Death when she wants.

Silicon Surfer said:
Every living thing in the MU generates psionic energy even though they may not be psionic in the usual sense. We don't even know the basic nature of the power cosmic so it may very well be psionic in nature. In any case the infinite power of the Phoenix has been referenced since the original storyline. Given that the Phoenix can restore the dead to life even though Death is hungry for ever more souls and undoubtedly dislikes losing souls it already has and you have some admittedly indirect evidence of the power of the Phoenix relative to Death. She takes what she wants from Death when she wants.

Actually, several entities in the MU seemingly have that power. Even a few on Earth, when they travel time, or manipulate reality. And the Phoenix has only ever restored life to it's hosts, which are known to be separated from the rest of the souls in the universe.

However, the Power Cosmic allows the user to seemingly do anything they wanted in the universe, as well as create life as Galactus has done. Or bring things back to life, as Galactus has also done.

Mistress Gluon said:
Actually, several entities in the MU seemingly have that power. Even a few on Earth, when they travel time, or manipulate reality. And the Phoenix has only ever restored life to it's hosts, which are known to be separated from the rest of the souls in the universe.

However, the Power Cosmic allows the user to seemingly do anything they wanted in the universe, as well as create life as Galactus has done. Or bring things back to life, as Galactus has also done.

In Endsong the Phoenix restores life to one of the Cuckoos although the girl decides to return to death.

Mistress Gluon said:
That's after she turns the Cuckoo's into her new avatars.

Before. She returns to the Cuckoos at the end of the story. Up until then she passes them by.

Wow! u guys debate like its truly a real science! if I didn't know, I'd think you were scientist studyin a species from space or some sort. That or a married couple. :o

Silicon Surfer said:
Before. She returns to the Cuckoos at the end of the story. Up until then she passes them by.

While that's a possibility, I doubt the force truly just passed them up right then and there. Conceptual beings don't exactly work like you and I, and do not have to have hard refined ideas. She could've already been linked to them before, or at that moment she decided to ressurect one. And even if she didn't, it's like I said, Galactus has done the same, so it's not some special thing reserved for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"