WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Features

Vic and Scott on Third-Party Wii U Games

Vic and Scott discuss the third-party Wii U games that they think will be the most important.

Podcast

Episode 12: Indiana, iPhone, and the Wii U Reveal

Vic and Scott head underground to Vic’s game-cave/man-room/fart-thedral to fart, game, and scream obscenities at one another. This week they talk about/scream about the new Indiana Jones Blu-ray collection, the iPhone 5, and the big Wii U reveal. Bonus Topic of the Day: Scott and Vic discuss their need to curse like sailors on shore leave while gaming. Why do gamers curse so much? What primal need does it satisfy? Beyond that, are there bugs in the middle of the ocean? Tune into this week’s episode of Vic’s Basement for all the answers to all of your existential questions.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Last edited:
since no one put this up yet

• Report: Wii U Is Region Locked

News
    on Sep 24, 2012 at 09:11 AM
    cafe-icon.png

Like other Nintendo systems before it, it looks like the Wii U will be region locked.
    ... More

source:GI

Last edited:
Don't matter to me either way.

No surprise. Nintendo has region locked almost all of their systems. It sucks for importers, but that's it.

No surprise. Nintendo has region locked almost all of their systems. It sucks for importers, but that's it.
This.

I forget where I read it, but there was an article about Wii U taking another hit because of this. It's very LOL worthy.

Look on IGN. They're *****ing about the whole thing as if it's some kind of shock.

That's why I don't always pay attention to the whole of IGN and have other alternatives. The only thing I like from there is the fix. I listen to the reviews on occasion. But i'm glad I have other chose's (and don't take them at all as the final word review if at all) cause really they have some seriously stupid people working there with the exception of a few that are likeable and smart. But the rest ehh.

Region lock, the one thing I could absolutely careless about. Wait. Problem solved.

I hardly ever buy import games.

I don't import games, (I may have to start soon though), but region lock is seriously the dumbest thing ever. I see no reason for it to exist.

It's so you can't play those Japanese games they don't want us to have.

The DS wasn't region-locked. I got Pokemon White super early on my American system.

But it really doesn't matter. Rarely does a Japanese-only title come out that I would kill for. Most of the games I strongly wanted on my GC/PS3/Wii/3DS/whatever also made it to my country.

This could hurt Europe and Australia since they usually get games extremely late or not at all, but their systems could be region-free. This may just be for American systems.

The DS wasn't but the NES, DSi, Wii, and 3DS were.

I used to import games on my Dream cast but I never knew what was going on because I can't read and or speak Japanese

I've been reading on other forums that I frequent with people actually mad that Wii U is running games like BLOPSII at 1080p and 60fps.

Here's the full list of Nov. 18 games provided by Nintendo this morning:

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Skylanders Giants

Transformers Prime

Wipeout 3

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition

New Super Mario Bros. U

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Nintendo Land

Sing Party

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

Darksiders 2

Assassin's Creed 3

ESPN Sports Connection

Just Dance 4

Rabbids Land

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

ZombiU

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Game Party Champions

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

Where the hell is Rayman Legends? Where the hell is Rayman Legends?

Not making launch. It will be a launch title in EU, so maybe it will release here in the states at that time.

Not making launch. It will be a launch title in EU, so maybe it will release here in the states at that time.
I thought they announced it was a day one launch title for Wii U.

Don't know if they did, but this is the official launch list from Nin. so it is a launch window title now.

Releasing During the Launch Window:

505 Games Funky Barn

2K Sports NBA 2K13

Activision Publishing, Inc. 007 Legends Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 Rapala Pro Bass Fishing

D3Publisher Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game Ben 10 Omniverse Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade

Electronic Arts Mass Effect 3

Nintendo LEGO City: Undercover Pikmin 3 Wii Fit U The Wonderful 101

SEGA Aliens: Colonial Marines

THQ JEOPARDY! Wheel of Fortune

Ubisoft Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth Rayman Legends

Releasing on an Unspecified Date:

Broken Rules Chasing Aurora - November

Pwnee Studios Cloudberry Kingdom - November

Electronic Arts Madden NFL 13 - November

Frozenbyte Trine 2: Director's Cut - November

Shin'en Nano Assault Neo - November

Tomorrow Corporation Little Inferno - November

Two Tribes Toki Tori 2 - November

WayForward Mighty Switch Force HD - November

Gaijin Games Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - January

* Launch window is defined as the period beginning Nov. 18, 2012, and ending March 31, 2013.
http://kotaku.com/5946519/heres-the-wii-us-official-lineup-for-launch-day-and-beyond

Last edited:
ZombiU and Epic Mickey first day rentals for me. I'm waiting for Madden 13 so I can use that pad as a personal playbook.

hmm Injustice isn't in there(list)ether. Even though Injustice states it's a Wii U title it's self. o maybe I'm missing it, some how? ... nope it's not on that list.

I really want to see what Ubisoft plans on doing with ACIII on WiiU. I know they're behind the WiiU 100% so I'd like to what they're doing with it. I have no doubt that it will be 1080p...That reason alone will force me to get the WiiU version.. But I wantvto see them really take advantage of the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"