Wonder Woman 3 not moving forward

Well, this is already not going over well.

Warner Bros. sabotaged the franchise.

No one can convince me the day and date strategy in 2021 was a good one.

Last edited:
You cancel batgirl and wonder woman but you keep Ezra yup i wonder why dcu has become a joke.

giphy.gif

Incoming James Gunn announcement of a hard DCU reboot that recasts everyone (and not sure if the Matt Reeves Batverse will also be a casualty) in three, two, one-

Im not shocked by this and its been 2 years since 84 came out with no real announcement. I also read regardless of what the flash and aquaman 2 do that might be the end of momoa and ezra too

A lot of things are getting canned, yet Constantine which bombed years ago is getting sequel?

I can't imagine them dumping Gadot. But getting rid of Jenkins is great.

A lot of things are getting canned, yet Constantine which bombed years ago is getting sequel?

Not given the greenlight yet...

Is less far along than WW3.

Incoming James Gunn announcement of a hard DCU reboot that recasts everyone (and not sure if the Matt Reeves Batverse will also be a casualty) in three, two, one -

be6g4z0rvyy91.png

Duh. WW84 was a steaming pile of turds, and let's face it WW1 was hella overrated as well.

The first WW beat Superman and Batmans capes at the box office. The 2nd wasnt the best film but it still was successful in its own right given its circumstance.

3rd could've gone either way but fact is, it deserved a trilogy just like Superman and batman have at various points in time.

Uh wut the hell guys. Wonder Woman was one of the 2 things that worked for the studio. What a mess.

I can only imagine Gunn is about to pull a Crisis on Infinite Earths to do a big reset at this point.

The first WW beat Superman and Batmans capes at the box office. The 2nd wasnt the best film but it still was successful in its own right given its circumstance.

3rd could've gone either way but fact is, it deserved a trilogy just like Superman and batman have at various points in time.

It clearly doesn't matter that the first Wonder Woman was a success or enough of one. WB didn't and doesn't want to take the risk with a third Gal Gadot WW. WW84 was not a success or enough of one. I'm sure we'll get another WW film period. No I'm not saying that you're saying that we won't just FYI.

The fact that Gadot just put out that post and Gunn liked it tells me Gadot is going nowhere.

None of this is surprising. It's been 2 years since WB announced that they are moving forward with WW3 and Patty hasn't delivered anything to them until now. It is best for Gunn & Safran to start clean with all new actors. You can't have a 10 year plan with actors that have already played these roles for 6+ years and have been a part of far too much divisiveness.

None of this is surprising. It's been 2 years since WB announced that they are moving forward with WW3 and Patty hasn't delivered anything to them until now. It is best for Gunn & Safran to start clean with all new actors. You can't have a 10 year plan with actors that have already played these roles for 6+ years and have been a part of far too much divisiveness.

I think it's far easier to recast Batman and Superman because we're used to seeing different versions of them. But Aquaman and Wonder Woman? For the general audience these characters just got here. Rebooting so fast and getting rid of actors people actually seemed to enjoy in the roles is risky.

I don't take a WB 10 year plan as a certainty , and I don't take for granted that they'll succeed in a ten year plan any more than the previous regime succeeded.

That said, there are no guarantee's in Hollywood , and a Wonder Woman 3 wasn't guaranteed anymore than Tim Burton's Batman 3 was 30 years ago.

Plans change, things happen, etc.
That's just the way the Entertainment Business is.

Gadot's Wonder Woman is popular with the GA, and she'll go down as an icon for a generation of kids .
Even with WW84, Gadot's version of Wonder Woman , with GA, is still held in high regard.

No reboot is gonna take that away, so she'll be fine in terms of her legacy as the character.

I doubt a Wonder Woman reboot is gonna happen anytime soon anyway.

Gadot's Wonder Woman is popular with the GA, and she'll go down as an icon for a generation of kids .
Even with WW84, Gadot's version of Wonder Woman , with GA, is still held in high regard.

I think her popularity as WW is exaggerated by far too many people. I would agree with your sentiment if it was made months after the first movie. A lot has changed since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"