Wonder Woman 3 not moving forward

Considering that Gunn actually dislikes the way Marvel does things (inexperienced directors who start shooting without a full script and a plan), I expect him to hire some more experienced directors for the DC Universe. The problem is that there are practically zero female directors that have experience with blockbusters.

Gina Prince-Bythewood will most likely be a top candidate for a WW film.

Who they get to write the film is the most important thing. Allan Heinberg's experience writing WW in the comics helped with the first film. Not collaborating with him for the second film was a huge mistake.

Gina Prince-Bythewood will most likely be a top candidate for a WW film.

Who they get to write the film is the most important thing. Allan Heinberg's experience writing WW in the comics helped with the first film. Not collaborating with him for the second film was a huge mistake.

Would actually be a good pick. She's also worked with Greg Rucka who should totally be brought in to write the script.

She's 71. You think she really wants to deal with all this superhero drama (expectations of the studio and the fans)?

Her age doesn't bother me at all.
I doubt she'd do it, but if we're talking about blockbuster female directors, her name is in the conversation .
No question.
Her name was in the conversation back when Jenkins got the job.

Her age doesn't bother me at all.
I doubt she'd do it, but if we're talking about blockbuster female directors, her name is in the conversation .
No question.
Her name was in the conversation back when Jenkins got the job.

I didn't mean that she can't do it because of her age. All I'm saying is that she's at a point in her career where she doesn't need the headache that would come with directing a DC superhero film. If she hasn't showed any interest in the genre up until now then it's highly unlikely she'd jump on board now.

I didn't mean that she can't do it because of her age. All I'm saying is that she's at a point in her career where she doesn't need the headache that would come with directing a DC superhero film. If she hasn't showed any interest in the genre up until now then it's highly unlikely she'd jump on board now.

To be clear, I didn't put up her name because I felt she was a likely choice .

That's a different conversation which, in all honesty, I'm not that interested in at this early a point.

I was throwing out her name as a female director who could do it well, of course, with the caveats of whether she's interested, whether they want her etc.

But , as I said, at this point, I'm not all that interested whose likely and who isn't ,in terms of future directors.

I'm not staking a claim on any director at this point .
I just don't care that much right now.

I basically still see Gadot as Wonder Woman at this point, and I'm really not at the point where I'm trying to guess who could fill her role ,and who could be the next director could be.

I'm just not there yet, mentally.

I am there for Clark Kent / Superman, but not for a Wonder Woman reboot.

Eiza Gonzalez. :o

Adria Ajorna for Wonder Woman. She was so good in Andor.

196845.jpg

I can't believe they will get rid of Gadot but will keep Robbie. Both incredibly well received in their respective roles, but one has previously worked with Gunn so she's safe.

If they get rid of Gadot, nobody pre-Flash should return.

I can't believe they will get rid of Gadot but will keep Robbie. Both incredibly well received in their respective roles, but one has previously worked with Gunn so she's safe.

If they get rid of Gadot, nobody pre-Flash should return.
This seems to be the speculation on the internet.

No what you said. Gal is out and Robbie and the other Suicide Squad members stay.

Not a great look to be honest. So for Gunn, what ''worked'' was his properties only?

I get that he didn't cast Davis/Robbie and the rest, but Gadot has just as much cultural impact as Robbie's Harley, so what exactly wasn't ''working'' there?

One wonky movie and that's it, suddenly the history books are rewritten?

Not a great look to be honest. So for Gunn, what ''worked'' was his properties only?

I get that he didn't cast Davis/Robbie and the rest, but Gadot has just as much cultural impact as Robbie's Harley, so what exactly wasn't ''working'' there?

We're in a world where a major studio gave the reins to their biggest franchise to someone who directed one of their poorer performing films. That's WB logic. :o

Yeah.
No doubt , they'll be some defenders of it , but it really doesn't look great.

Even putting aside the optics, with all the chants of " restart from scratch! everything goes !" from fandom, it's hard to pivot from that ,to " well of course all of Gunn's stuff which is tied to the previous DCEU should stay!"

It just doesn't look right, no matter how it's spun.

Adria Ajorna for Wonder Woman. She was so good in Andor.

196845.jpg

I'd rather see Margaret Qualley or Daisy Edgar-Jones(2 great young actresses) even though the both of them don't have the right look for WW. Why?
because they're 5'8 and didn't turn 30 yet. WW is Immortal and an Amazon(ian). If They don't want to waste money and time on Camera's angles and tricks to make the actress look taller then she is and VX or long make-up sessions to make her look younger then she is in the span of time of the DCU - It'll be better for them to cast a young naturally tall actress(less then 30 and 5'8 or taller).

Also want to throw Zac Efron in the mix for Steve Trevor:

The_Greatest_Beer_Run_Video_01.jpg

That's not Zac Efron nowadays.

I'd probably do:
Austin Butler
Glenn Powell
Mitchell Slaggert

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics