Wonder Woman 3 not moving forward

As someone who’s not a fan of Gadot and her portrayal of Diana, losing Jenkins but still possibly having her continue in the role sounds… not good. And WW84 had some flaws but it sometimes shocks me how much vitriol gets thrown at Jenkins. I still think it was a good story, just that some aspects of the movie needed more work. I truly, sincerely hope she gets to continue making the films she likes and this doesn’t totally derail her career.

I'm no Patty defender, but it is shocking to me that so many in the DC fandom that I follow on social media have completely turned on her because she made one movie they didn't like. They are saying some crazy things.
Unfortunately it's not really shocking or surprising to me

She's not a straight white guy and that always adds more fuel to the fire for some idiots

Then she, along with Nolan, was very outspoken about WB's 2020 move to shift the theatrical releases to HBO Max. For some reason a lot of people thought by speaking out against that they were being elitist, making it seem like their problems are bigger than others, or downplaying COVID...even tho their employer went back on their word and wasn't honoring contracts which is scumbagger-y 101

Most importantly and the biggest thing: no matter the race, sex, etc. people turn on artists very easily. "Fans" are very fickle. I can think of a few examples where a certain artist makes 1 bad movie, album or whatever and then a lot of people turn on them and treat them like they never made anything good and it a lot of cases treat them like straight dirt with insults. Saw it happen with Rian Johnson, Jon Faverau a bit post Iron Man 2 and Cowboys & Aliens, Christian Bale post Terminator Salvation (even from people who didn't care about the rant) and before The Fighter. It's not a new thing, but it for sure has been getting worse. And that's just filmmakers. With musicians it's even worse. You're only as good as your last good performance in many people's eyes.
With athletes it happens too. They'll have a streak of 5 good games but then have 1 bad game, not even in an elimination or important game, and then people will be screaming at the player to be benched or traded.
I read someone put it like this once: someone will go to a restaurant 4 times and enjoy it and not write a good review. But then they'll have one bad experience and write a scathing review.

It's just people's nature now unfortunately. "What have you done for me lately"

Last edited:
The guy literally admits to cooking this story in his own damn Twitter thread. It’s completely fake. But by all means, go on believing what suits your narrative.
What's my narrative? I don't know what you mean by that.

If WW 84 had been a hit like WW was, she would have had no interference or questions about part 3.

It's a business like anything else.
Either perform or questions will be asked.

What's my narrative? I don't know what you mean by that.
You literally said what Patty needs to "stick to", in a manner that reeks of, "know your place, woman". Whether it's your intention or not, that's a common sexist trope. So maybe consider that before making such posts.

Last edited:
To me, the biggest problem that I had with WW84 was that I didn't outright love it the way I did the first WW movie. I need to re-watch it to see how I feel now, but I think the fact that it didn't wow me at first glance is already a misfire (in my opinion). I like Jenkins, and I think she has a good third movie in her, but my hope would be that the third movie is closer to the first in terms of quality/direction/tone, etc.

And to echo others: her walking away sounds like a big ol' nothing story. She wrote a script, they didn't like it, she disagreed, everyone moves on. I'm hesitant to believe specifics about her "quitting" (like angry emails, etc) without more backstory. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter to me.

I think it was matter of different visions , and the whole " She's difficult" sexist trope, wreaks more of desperate smearing than actual facts.

There's a way to disagree with her creative choices and vision without having to call into question her professionalism .

I didn't agree with her creative choices with WW84, but I loved her work on Wonder Woman 2017 and I respect her as a director with films like the haunting Monster.

If she wants to leave, then that should be the end of it really.

I think it was matter of different visions , and the whole " She's difficult" sexist trope, wreaks more of desperate smearing than actual facts.

There's a way to disagree with her creative choices and vision without having to call into question her professionalism .

I didn't agree with her creative choices with WW84, but I loved her work on Wonder Woman 2017 and I respect her as a director with films like the haunting Monster.

If she wants to leave, then that should be the end of it really.

Like i have not seen one person so far that had any trouble with her on Set or during production..suddenly she is allegedly "difficult"?
This reminds me off Whedon where even after Gadot came out to say that she had a bad experience with him, it needed Jason Momoa to come forward for people to believe it.
This feels again like one of those many instances where people judge a Woman harsher, demand her to suck it up and give in.

Other directors walked away from movies due to creative differences, hardly any of them suddenly gets called difficulty.
Sure we dont know what exactly happened...but looking at WBs track record on lying and the fact that nobody so far had a problem with her...this feels like an attempt to smear her because she rather walked away than compromising her vision.

It'd probably have to be another lesser known to unknown actress ala Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot.

I can really think of a well known actress who would have the physical stature, meaning being 5'10 at least, be the right age range, and would be able to disappear in the role enough for people to say " That's Wonder Woman" .

We need a DC Studios - Wonder Woman forum. Lets give the Wonder what she deserves since we wont be wrapping up the trilogy.

We need a DC Studios - Wonder Woman forum. Lets give the Wonder what she deserves since we wont be wrapping up the trilogy.
When we know what to make a forum for, it will be made. We don't know that WW3 isn't happening, just that it's not happening with Patty. We don't know if they're keeping Gal or fully rebooting or what. When they give us news of an actual WW movie of some kind happening, we'll make a forum for it.

When we know what to make a forum for, it will be made. We don't know that WW3 isn't happening, just that it's not happening with Patty. We don't know if they're keeping Gal or fully rebooting or what. When they give us news of an actual WW movie of some kind happening, we'll make a forum for it.

Bookmarking this comment

Huh?? They just announced a younger Superman and James Gunn said today that his Batman (Not played by Affleck or Pattinson) will be a big part of his DCU. How exactly do they keep Gadot if they are starting with a new Superman and Batman?

Huh?? They just announced a younger Superman and James Gunn said today that his Batman (Not played by Affleck or Pattinson) will be a big part of his DCU. How exactly do they keep Gadot if they are starting with a new Superman and Batman?
I think it's just safe to wait and see what they do with Wonder Woman before making a new forum. But don't worry my finger is lingering on that button. :twisted:

I don't even disagree, but the fact is Gadot was better received by audiences than Affleck and Cavill, so there's reason they might consider keeping her, and she tweeted she can't wait to share Diana's next chapter with us after Patty left, so her status is still up in the air until they make something official.

I don't even disagree, but the fact is Gadot was better received by audiences than Affleck and Cavill, so there's reason they might consider keeping her, and she tweeted she can't wait to share Diana's chapter with us after Patty left, so her status is still up in the air until they make something official.

I'm not really sure what to make of that Instagram post because Gunn liked it. Someone else also pointed out that Gunn & Gal recently started following each other on Instagram. In fact, Gunn started following certain current DCEU actors/actresses. Henry was not one of them.

James Bond had Judi Dench back as M in the Daniel Craig films even though it was a separate continuity to the Pierce Brosnan ones. No reason then that DC couldn't do the same with Gal since she was well received in the role. And WW is meant to be immortal so she could be the same age compared to a younger Superman and Batman.

James Bond had Judi Dench back as M in the Daniel Craig films even though it was a separate continuity to the Pierce Brosnan ones. No reason then that DC couldn't do the same with Gal since she was well received in the role. And WW is meant to be immortal so she could be the same age compared to a younger Superman and Batman.

I feel like this would just confuse the GA.

I feel like this would just confuse the GA.

Not only is it confusing, but rebooting the whole SnyderVerse is about getting rid of the baggage of the past. It doesn't matter how well someone was received in the role. Every main JL member that was tied to the old regime needs to be replaced.

Who would you guys like to see direct the Wonder Woman reboot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"