Sequels Wonder Woman 3: What do YOU want to see??

BobJM

Uncle Charlie
Reaction score
WW84 has just released, and reaction is divisive.

What would YOU like to see a third Wonder Woman film look like? Should Patty Jenkins return, or would you prefer a new director?

Call out storylines you think should be adapted, or themes you'd like to see Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman tackle in a sequel? Most likely in 2023 earliest...

wonder-woman-1984-movie-review-2020.jpeg

I'll post a fuller pitch later, but for now, here are some elements I'd definitely like to see in WW3:

Present day!

SecondRecentEgret-small.gif

Wonder%2BWoman%2B%2528Justice%2BLeague%2BUnlimited%2529%2B1.gif

Wonder Woman is a public figure (set post-Justice League, but keep all/any references vague). She's not yet UN ambassador, but has amassed a wealth over the century & is invested in philanthropy. Her latest endeavor is the publication of her memoirs & essays--"Truth"
gal-gadot-wonder-woman-un.jpg

Diana joining w/ the Department of Metahuman Affairs, and working alongside Tom Tresser aka Nemesis. In characterization, he's charming but almost the anti-Steve Trevor:
3577815-8680319585-24026.jpg

An adaptation of Wonder Woman: Hiketeia where DIana is honor-bound to protect a troubled young woman through an old Greek ritual known as hiketeia (replace Batman w/ Tom Tresser).
Erinyes.jpg

Hik_1_592dcc925a7149.85807341.jpg

Better action & stunt choreography w/ VFX--accentuated by the inclusion of classic rogues like Doctor Psycho, Giganta, Veronica Cale & the return of Cheetah.
Char_Gallery_DoctorPsycho_0004_MAN24.04.art_5eab3b1f621dc2.48099740.jpg

https://******************.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GigantaSuicideSquad.jpg
Char_Gallery_VeronicaCale_WW79_5f1609414f4330.11750988.jpg

1KI0M9.gif

How is Cheetah alive & still young in present-day? Explain it away---at the end of WW84 she never revoked her wish & thus retained her gift/curse (that also maintained her Amazonian-like youth). She used to be able turn her Cheetah prowess on-and-off, but now she's fully stuck in her Cheetah form and seeks to reverse it.

More mythology--the Gods are not dead like the Amazons originally believed, and are alive & meddling in the present-day-- & a return to Themiscrya (not just in flashbacks!)

GalleryComics_1900x900_20140122_WW_Cv27_R1_52c74606da1443.64277098.jpg

WonderWoman023Cover.jpg

DygeeqLXQAU44gY.jpg

ComicsGallery_DC_20190724__WW_Cv75_5d2f666cc7b2a5.30180004.jpg

I want Patty to complete Trilogy, but if she's busy (or uninterested), then instead of waiting for her, get someone else. I don't want WB to wait for 4 - 5 years to begin the next movie. Thor 2 was not that well received but Marvel didn't delay the planning for next Thor movie, they got a new director.

I’m not anti-Patty Jenkins, but WW84 has a lot of shortcomings that someone has to answer for. I’d really prefer a stronger outing for the third film...

Back to greek mythology roots. The olympian gods are too valuable and interesting to leave behind. Their presence also sets up a dynamic for any possible god wars against the New Gods or other pantheon like Hindu, Norse, etc.

Back to greek mythology roots. The olympian gods are too valuable and interesting to leave behind. Their presence also sets up a dynamic for any possible god wars against the New Gods or other pantheon like Hindu, Norse, etc.

The death of the old gods paved way for the New Gods. But, as Diana finds out, these old gods didn’t die, but were instead cast out throughout man’s world like Ares in Wonder Woman.

Adapt Paradise Lost

Reveal that Dooms Doorway is on the island and someone has gotten free and laid siege to Themiscrya. The Amazons are turned to stone. An Amazon has gotten away and made it to Mans World to get Diana to help save their sisters. They'll go to the Underworld where Diana will fight various villains, one that includes Medusa who holds the secret to saving The Amazons.

The death of the old gods paved way for the New Gods. But, as Diana finds out, these old gods didn’t die, but were instead cast out throughout man’s world like Ares in Wonder Woman.
I don't quite get the divide between the "Old Gods" and "New Gods" Snyder established. Is this supposed to be literal? Lol. The Old Gods existed simultaneously with the New Gods, as shown in JL where a few of them fought. Ava's New Gods should tie up these loose ends. The New Gods themselves as a solo lore is rich, but it would be candy if the Olympian Gods and other pantheon are mentioned or hinted.

I’m just curious where this will go thematically.

If the first Wonder Woman was about the power of LOVE

And Wonder Woman 1984 was about TRUTH

Perhaps Wonder Woman 3 could be about....WONDER?

As in the power of inspiration. Perhaps it could be about Diana dealing with being a public hero now (actually going by the name Wonder Woman) and perhaps the ambassador of Themyscira (which she perhaps decides to open up to the world? Or perhaps brings the Amazons off island?). What is the right path to take in the public eye when every move is being scrutinised (this is the 2020’s after all). Does she make things better or worse?

Perhaps you could bring back Cheetah as an example of the latter, and deal with Diana’s guilt.

And the mastermind behind it all, a vengeful Circe, posing for years as Diana’s friend, who means to make the people lose their faith in WW and the Amazons out of revenge for being imprisoned by Hippolyta. She could even orchestrate the War of the Gods as part of this, reviving the gods somehow, or cause the death of the Amazons or Hippolyta, making Diana (and the world) believe it was all her fault.

And on the positive side, perhaps this can be where we introduce Wonder Girl? Someone who’s inspired by Diana. Or perhaps a redemption arc for Cheetah?

Last edited:
I’d like to see a story where the lasso of truth breaks because Diana cannot accept the truth; and thus world begins to delve into chaos—that might be too close to WW84 though

1. Present Day
2. Return of Cheetah
3. More flight and invisible plane returns
4. Return to Paradise Island
5. Giganta, Veronica Cale or even Circe
6. More Wonder Woman action
7. No love interest

I think Patty needs to do it, but she needs a real screenwriter, maybe even a story team ala Pixar. The story for the first two films, in particular the resolution in the 3rd act, has been the greatest weaknesses of the two films.

Villain wise, I don't think they'll be able to use Cheetah again unless they keep this set in the past. Explaining how Barbara hasn't aged in 35-40 years would be problematic. Move this into contemporary times. I noticed Stagg Enterprises made a cameo appearance in WW84, maybe do something using them. But focus on ONE villain, not two or three.

Themyscira under some sort of threat seems like a good way to go.

Adapt Paradise Lost

Reveal that Dooms Doorway is on the island and someone has gotten free and laid siege to Themiscrya. The Amazons are turned to stone. An Amazon has gotten away and made it to Mans World to get Diana to help save their sisters. They'll go to the Underworld where Diana will fight various villains, one that includes Medusa who holds the secret to saving The Amazons.

I like the idea of Medusa holding the secrets for saving Themyscira. Lots of interesting ways to go with that. Good call.

Adapt Paradise Lost

That’s a great idea—maybe it’s Donna Troy or Artemis that journey to man’s world to find Diana. It could then set up a legacy-type film.

This is what I came up with in one of the other threads:

I’d like an adaptation of Joe Kelly’s JLA story where the lasso of truth breaks because Diana cannot accept its answer. The world spins in to chaos when the truth no longer has meaning.

Maybe tie it to Greg Rucka’s Hiketeia where Diana is honor-bound to watch over a young girl after she incites the Ancient Greek ritual. It’s a story of Diana further facing truth & justice, but also the grim reality of fate (personified by The Fates themselves). There’s something about this girl’s case that she cannot accept.

Diana, to fix this conundrum, seeks the guidance of her mother & Themiscrya and so she needs Cheetah’s help since she can no longer find the island herself. Cheetah, in the 40 years since WW84, has become obsessed with the occult and especially Amazonian history so she can try to undo her curse. Diana has been keeping tabs on her old friend, guilt-ridden by how far gone she is, and offers Cheetah the chance to bathe in the lights of the Purple Ray—believing that it’ll cure her of the enchantment.

But we later find out that Cheetah is working with Veronica Cale, who seeks Paradise Island to raid its resources & profit from its wonders. Cale would have been previously introduced in the film as an ally to the modern-day Wonder Woman (perhaps she updates her invisible jet so that it’s user-friendly?)

Cale in actuality is Paula von Gunther, revealed in Act 3. She was a WWII nurse shipwrecked and washed upon Themiscrya’s shores while Diana was already in man’s world. Queen Hippolyta, inspired by her daughter, helps Paula and heals her under the Purple Ray before sending her back to man’s world. The Purple Ray gave Paula Amazonian strength & longer life, but she always resented the queen for casting her out and “cursing” her to a plain existence back in man’s world. So she builds herself into Veronica Cale and makes an empire for decades before construing a plot to have her revenge on Hippolyta and the Amazons.

Of course, one such part of Cale/Gunther’s plot was the framing of the innocent supplicant under Diana’s care—perhaps she was brainwashed by Doctor Psycho, which thus introduces the conundrum (and sets Diana on the path back to Themiscrya for the villains to follow). Yes, the actions were done by the girl but they were not her own. She’s guilty and innocent at the same time.

Diana learns that there are many truths in this world—and we must open our minds and our hearts to accept them all as one universal truth. Love lol or wonder, or some such.

The end of the film would be Veronica Cale convincing military partners that the source of the global chaos is from emitting from Themiscrya, igniting a war between man & Amazon. In the midst of battle, Diana is able to share her truths/lessons with the sparring parties, & negotiates peace. In the end, Themiscrya too learns there are many truths—and man is not all bad—and Diana is installed as their ambassador in the United Nations, finally opening their borders to man’s world after millennia of isolation.

I haven't seen WW84 but I know what happens in it based on the leak from from several months back and from spoiler reviews and complaints.

Given that, my advice to Jenkins and WB...as if they care what I think:D,

would be:

1) If they're going to set it in the past again, truly consider why setting it in the 40s, 90s, 60s, 70s etc. is relevant to the story they're telling and what it has to do with the challenge that Diana is facing.

In other words, if you're setting it in the 90s, don't just do it to show MC Hammer, Clueless, and Grunge shirts. I enjoy nostalgia as much as the next person, but there needs to be more then that to justify setting the film in a particular time period.

If the film takes place in 1992, truly incorporate why that year in particular is relevant to the story and to Diana's struggle. In 1992, there was racial strife and riots, you had the cold war ending, you had the rise of gang violence , Talk and reality shows were starting etc.

How do all of those things effect Diana's spirit, her world view, her challenge, and her opponent.

Heck if it takes place in 2022, show us why the story needs to take place in 2022.

2) Like WW1, it needs to be Diana's story, with Diana and her challenge as the focus, and the villain should reflect her internal struggle.

3) One villain ,whether it be from the comics or not. One foe.

4) Return to the more balanced tone of the first film which balanced the humor and drama.

5) Give us a modern Patty Jenkins take on WW, not an homage to Donner and Schumacer from the 80s and 90s.

Well they're now fast-tracking this with Patty Jenkins confirmed to be writing it.

Three-four main characters: Wonder Woman, a returning Cheetah (who maybe can get a redemption arc) and Circe as the Big Bad. Maybe have small supporting roles in our world for the Kapatelis women and Myndi Mayer, but the main characters would be Diana, Barbara, Circe and Hippolyta (the latter two shoud have a history together).

The plot would be a return to Themyscira and the Amazons. The Amazons vs. an invasion of Circe and an army of mythological monsters. More spectacle and big feats/action for Wonder Woman.

Nubia and Circe definitely. And maybe a quick cameo from superman with his bare chest in chains and Diana has to rescue him

I haven't seen WW84 yet, though I've heard it's received mixed reviews. It'll probably be a Thor wherein the first was the foundation, the second poor, and the third, simply brilliant - but they can't exactly bring Hulk into WW3.

As far as the third film goes, I think that depends on whether a third film will be the final instalment.

I feel like there's a lot of story to tell within mythology, and it would feel a grand loss if we didn't again see the likes of Zeus, Artemis, and even Ares (maybe he was simply defeated rather than killed?; banished somewhere).

There is, I think an opening to do a film later down the line involving the Greek Gods, a film that could see the likes of Diana, Shazam, Adam and a few others sharing the screen outside of a JL sequel.

I think Patty needs to do it, but she needs a real screenwriter, maybe even a story team ala Pixar. The story for the first two films, in particular the resolution in the 3rd act, has been the greatest weaknesses of the two films.

Villain wise, I don't think they'll be able to use Cheetah again unless they keep this set in the past. Explaining how Barbara hasn't aged in 35-40 years would be problematic. Move this into contemporary times. I noticed Stagg Enterprises made a cameo appearance in WW84, maybe do something using them. But focus on ONE villain, not two or three.

Themyscira under some sort of threat seems like a good way to go.
Cheetah is pretty easy. Just have her searching for some artifact that can do what the dream stone did without the consequences. Slowly deaged her and returns her to a more feral Cheetah form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"