Would You Rather Sony Lose The Rights To Spider-Man Or Keep Them?

Right, but that also has no bearing on our current discussion about how they were developing their universe at that point and why they didn't do Miles.
I thought that discussion was basically over. I was just saying how Sony could have rebooted Spider-Man in 2012 and made Miles the star whether or not they were planning a cinematic universe, and I guess they didn't coz they thought it was too soon or they weren't confident enough it'd be successful or maybe they just didn't think of it.

I thought that discussion was basically over. I was just saying how Sony could have rebooted Spider-Man in 2012 and made Miles the star whether or not they were planning a cinematic universe, and I guess they didn't coz they thought it was too soon or they weren't confident enough it'd be successful or maybe they just didn't think of it.

Miles was also new. He was created in 2011. The script for TASM was written before he existed or got popular. So why would they have thought of it?

Miles was also new. He was created in 2011. The script for TASM was written before he existed or got popular. So why would they have thought of it?
yeah that's probably why they never thought of it. for some reason I thought Miles was around since 2008, but that's actually when the idea of him came around.

Yeah, the relationship between Sony and the Spidey rights is fundamentally parasitic. They create nothing of value, and only acquire value from its implicit ties to Marvel Studios ( or explicit assistance by Marvel Studios ). The best they've managed on their own is Venom, which is bad but entertainingly bad, and its unlikely anything else will ever do better than that.

I'm not generally a fan of Disney absorbing every IP nor would I want to lose Spiderverse, but Sony's mishandling of their live-action Spider-Man content is so bad I would probably prefer if they lost it at this point...
I wish Sony was actually competent so we could have more good Marvel movies to look forward to, but alas...

Spider-Verse just feels temporary. Its not something that could last as long lets say FoX-Verse. It would lose steam/interest by the fourth film.

In live action, Sony has one more card they haven't used which is Miles Morales. Though I think with the right hands - Black Cat, Silver Sable and Spider-Woman have potential for trilogy or cross over gimmicks.

I think if Venom, Let There Be Carnage and most especially Morbius turned out to be critically reviewed movies, therewould be a lot more good will especially to movie fans but nah. If Morbius failed to hit $200 million worldwide at the boX office. Just imagine how El Muerte and Madam Web would perform...

I want Sony to lose them!! They can’t get their crap together!! They said in e mails that they didn’t know what to do with Spider-Man!! The resurgence is all because of marvel/Disney!! Unfortunately I didn’t nt see it happening today n the near future

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"