• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X2's Firey Phoenix or X3's Phoenix

The audience could have also been confused as to why Jean caught fire during the end of X2 and why there was a massive bird image in the water. Keeping the flame bird out of X3 didn't have anything to do with realism.

But, as I said, there is no way of knowing for sure what Singer would have chosen to do or how Singer's X3 would have finally turned out. He might have had to leave a firebird out for budgetary reasons for all we know.

You can't talk in absolutes and facts about something (Singer's X3) that never happened and doesn't exist.

There is no way of knowing for a fact but I am pretty certain he wouldnt have just disregarded it after it got people so excited in the 2nd movie. Also, WHY would budget be a concern? It wasnt in X2 and we got the firebird then, so I highly doubt it wouldnt have been a concern with X3's budget, which was a LOT higher than X2's.

Although I do believe X3's budget wouldnt have been as high had Singer stayed on board.

There is no way of knowing for a fact but I am pretty certain he wouldnt have just disregarded it after it got people so excited in the 2nd movie. Also, WHY would budget be a concern? It wasnt in X2 and we got the firebird then, so I highly doubt it wouldnt have been a concern with X3's budget, which was a LOT higher than X2's.

Although I do believe X3's budget wouldnt have been as high had Singer stayed on board.

I'm not sure why you persist in arguing, since you cannot prove that he would have used it throughout his theoretical X3 nor that it would have made the final cut.

What we saw of the firebird in X2 was a few final seconds with it underwater. If we had it around Jean every time she used her powers in X3, that would be far more expensive. So, as i said, budget could have become a concern.

Furthermore, the budget in X2 was also an issue and led to the removal of Sentinels, the removal of a massive Phoenix firebird blast that destroyed the Sentinels in their hangar at Alkali Lake, the removal of Archangel, the removal of Gambit, the removal of the Danger Room and several other things.

And, also, X3 was made more expensive partly because the main cast had signed two-film contracts (covering X1 and X2) and had to renegotiate for the third movie.

Additionally, judging from the astronomical costs of Superman Returns, especially in comparison with X3, I'm not convinced Singer's X3 would have been cheaper.

Finally, I just want to point something out here, just to make it quite clear to you because I can detect you are being somewhat adversarial as though you see me on the other side of some imaginary fence and just want to argue. I'm not anti-Singer, nor am i anti-firebird, and I would be quite interested to see what had happened (and what X3 we would have got) if he had chosen to stay on and do X3. But the fact remains that for various reasons, that didn't happen and nothing will change it.

I voted for X2 of course, but even Singer stayed on or not the Phoenix effect would've worked in only 2 scenes; here rising from Alkali Lake and a major battle scene at the end...their could be scenes with Jean havin fire in her eyes, using fire-like attacks, or an aura of fire around like in X2 to cut back...just my 2 cents...

exactly, the firebird would not have to have been used in every scene jean uses her powers.

it would make it that much cooler when she did!

I'm not sure why you persist in arguing, since you cannot prove that he would have used it throughout his theoretical X3 nor that it would have made the final cut.

What we saw of the firebird in X2 was a few final seconds with it underwater. If we had it around Jean every time she used her powers in X3, that would be far more expensive. So, as i said, budget could have become a concern.

Furthermore, the budget in X2 was also an issue and led to the removal of Sentinels, the removal of a massive Phoenix firebird blast that destroyed the Sentinels in their hangar at Alkali Lake, the removal of Archangel, the removal of Gambit, the removal of the Danger Room and several other things.

And, also, X3 was made more expensive partly because the main cast had signed two-film contracts (covering X1 and X2) and had to renegotiate for the third movie.

Additionally, judging from the astronomical costs of Superman Returns, especially in comparison with X3, I'm not convinced Singer's X3 would have been cheaper.

Finally, I just want to point something out here, just to make it quite clear to you because I can detect you are being somewhat adversarial as though you see me on the other side of some imaginary fence and just want to argue. I'm not anti-Singer, nor am i anti-firebird, and I would be quite interested to see what had happened (and what X3 we would have got) if he had chosen to stay on and do X3. But the fact remains that for various reasons, that didn't happen and nothing will change it.

I've been reading your posts for the past week and I have to say your point of view has absolutely no logic whatsoever.

You're only chasing your own tail in a circle.

I've been reading your posts for the past week and I have to say your point of view has absolutely no logic whatsoever.

Thanks for your meaningless contribution. How am i "chasing my tail". It's obviously your reply that has no logic whatsoever. Do come back when you show signs of intelligence and the ability to articulate. Thanks.

Oh crap X, you have a nooby stalker. Do we need to call the mods and report a peeping Tom?

Oh crap X, you have a nooby stalker. Do we need to call the mods and report a peeping Tom?

Not yet. I detect the bad smell of a bitter agenda on it but it might yet reveal itself more fully... when it next gets access to the communal computer in its mental institution...

2lxhu6p.gif

Thanks for your meaningless contribution. How am i "chasing my tail". It's obviously your reply that has no logic whatsoever. Do come back when you show signs of intelligence and the ability to articulate. Thanks.

24pcimf.gif

Last edited:
Since they've tried to base the movies in reality, I really like the X3 Phoenix, the whole split personality of Jean in it. Kinda creepy, but fully to have the flaming bird would of been awesome, even to have it as Jean manipulating flames like Pyro. At the least to tie X2 with X3 Jean creating the flames psionically (ala Onslaught) whenever she went to Dark Phoenix mode

Last edited:

To be honest I'm arguing because it is quite certain that he would have carried over the effect into his X3. There is NO reason he would have cut it out.

And again, I seriously doubt it, Jean wouldnt have been permanently in flames, just like her eyes were not permanently in darkness when she used her powers in X3.

Yeah, this I know, but they obviously had the budget to get the Pheonix effect in there somehow.

Plus Fox had to rush a lot of effects, etc, because of the tight scheduling.

I think its faily safe to say Singer wouldnt have got the budget for X3 that Ratner did, Fox only gave so much to the 3rd movie so they could get it out and finished before SR. WB gave Singer a stupidly high budget on SR, Fox wouldnt have for X3 (I think maximum Singer would have gotten $150 budget for X3, a good $50 million cheaper than Ratner got), as they are pretty cheap when it comes to these movies, and others in fact.

I dont know why you think I am being adverserial, as far as I am concerned we were just having a discussion, I was just putting things bluntly as you like to do. If you consider that adversarial maybe you should look at the way you word some of your posts. Again, this is not a criticism of you, I am just confused as to how you thought I was being confrontational when I was just putting things bluntly.

I will always prefer this

vou6m9.jpg

2r5546e.jpg

over this

34ifdw5.jpg

The firestorm or at the very least the fire eyes are much more dramatic and intense than what we got in the last stand.

I don't understand why they voted against doing this because the fire eyes really work to the Phoenix advantage rather than looking like some zombie.

Last edited:

vou6m9.jpg

Wow, that is an amazing manip. That even makes up for her costume and the fact that Wolverine is there. I don't see how that's over the top, or not "scary" enough.

Wow, that is an amazing manip. That even makes up for her costume and the fact that Wolverine is there. I don't see how that's over the top, or not "scary" enough.

Thanks Slim!

Exactly my point, if I can do something simple like this in photoshop can you imagine what great things the FX engineers could have done?

I personally think it was Ratner's choice to take the firebird away from Jean. He didn't understand the symbolism that the Phoenix was created for. Ratner didn't understand alot of things with the X-Men and neither did FOX. Really a stupid shame they didn't include this minor detail in the film. :csad:

That is so awesome.

Thanks! I would have preferred Scott in the picture instead of Logan.

X2's Phoenix. Really wished they would have brought over the flame aspects for X3.

Looking at that manip, just as it is....it looks too much like real fire and it doesn't feel right. Some other type of more 'mystical' fire like at the end of X2 would be better.

Alternatively, the film could have shown Jean manipulating all the fire that was happening on Alcatraz from burning cars etc, and pulling all the flames telekinetically towards her to create a firebird from them.

vou6m9.jpg

2r5546e.jpg

over this

34ifdw5.jpg

The firestorm or at the very least the fire eyes are much more dramatic and intense than what we got in the last stand.

I don't understand why they voted against doing this because the fire eyes really work to the Phoenix advantage rather than looking like some zombie.
OMG, how can anyone defend X3 Phoenix, seeing this effect, I can only imagine how incredible the actual Phoenix Aura from X2 would've been in the final battle (as they didn't have to show it any other time)

and I could see a scene where after Wovlerine gets Jean back (after he told her he loved her), she kills herself in a firey explosion to stop Phoenix's wrath, on Alcatraz, vs. Wolverine stabbing her...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"