BvS Your favorite character of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice?

Senator Finch. Had her head screwed on proper.
Wonder Woman. Very excited about her upcoming movie.

Didn't care for much else.

The only level headed, sane heroic people in the film were women. From the trailers I thought Senator Finch was going to be antagonist. She wanted to govern Superman's actions and stop Lex's diabolical yet undeveloped ambitions. Did it with wit, and charm too. I really liked her. Great actress.

Apart from help from Alfred and Perry, none of the men were all that heroic. Or even level headed. This was kind of a feminist superhero movie.

Snyder messes up so many characters and motivations. He didn't have enough time with WW to do that. So when she shows up on screen briefly, she's just full of positive and heroic energy. Thus the crowd applause. And she's not bleak or pessimistic.

Bruce's motivations and character growth are as shallow or meaningless as Snyder is as a director. So much more could've been done.

Superman is relegated to basically a plot device and not an actual character in this movie.

Snyder gots to go. If SS does well and even handles Batfleck better, bump him up to JL director.

The main two heroes both came across very unlikable to me. And even as a Batman fan I had no rooting interest in their conflict. Bad Start for the two huge foundation pieces that the entire DC cinematic universe would revolve around.

I'm one of two so far that went for Lex.

I loved Batman but IMO he had some huge flaws and I wasn't 100% clear where he was coming from half the time.

I thought Jesse's Lex was fantastic though. I really could see him being one of the best parts of the whole DCEU. Don't get me wrong there were some parts that I hated, his final scene for example was real poor but that's only in the context it was shown. The deleted scene already adds more context to that moment. I think Lex was the victim of editing but I'd rather that be the flaw than Batman where part of his character has seemingly been done away with.

I think the scene with Lex and the Senator in the office was a much more mean Luthor and that's the kind he'll turn into. I think he'll start like this as a young naive dickhole simply toying with billionaires and now that he's among gods he'll turn into more of a straight man.

BatFleck
Wonder Woman
Alfred
Superman
Perry White
Ma Kent

Batman. But in any movie Batman is in, he will likely be my favorite character.

Except for Batman and Robin. Clooney is a disaster and I'm partial to Freeze related puns.

Alfred by far. I was opposed to Irons at first but he was incredible and easily my favorite part of the film and left me wanting more Bruce and Alfred talks.

Wonder Woman. She was probably the character that I had the least amount of problems with.

1. Wonder Woman-She basically steals every scene that she's in, and is one of the most competently-written character in the film.

2. Alfred-Jeremy Irons was great, as was his banter with Affleck. Oh and ditto on the well-written character thing.

3. Senator Finch-She was surprisingly competently-written and interesting as well. She was just underused and disposed of way too soon.

Wonder Woman

Gal Gadot has real camera presence and actually seemed to be enjoying herself, she had a fun theme song, and she barely had to deliver any horrible dialogue.

1. Wonder Woman-She basically steals every scene that she's in, and is one of the most competently-written character in the film.

2. Alfred-Jeremy Irons was great, as was his banter with Affleck. Oh and ditto on the well-written character thing.

3. Senator Finch-She was surprisingly competently-written and interesting as well. She was just underused and disposed of way too soon.
Did anyone find it strange how much finch and lex referred to her Kentucky upbringing? Jesus Christ woman he get it!

all! all the characters were written very good! and same to the actors! top notch performance!!!

Alfred and Perry White. Those are the only characters in the film that came off as being level-headed and intelligent. Everyone else made me roll my eyes multiple times.

Alfred and Perry White. Those are the only characters in the film that came off as being level-headed and intelligent. Everyone else made me roll my eyes multiple times.

I agree with this. :up:

Pointless thread. Everyone will vote for Batfleck.

Because really, all the other characters were incredibly disappointing.

But at least, Batfleck can be enjoyed on a visual level due to the fights. Despite the characterization for Batman being terrible, as Kevin Smith points out.

A more interesting thread would be least favorite character. It will probably be Lex. But on other forums, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Cavill and Snyder's 'Superman'.

Kevin Smith is a disphit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"