• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Your single, favourite shot from all of the Spider-Man movies?

It's way too hard to chose haha! Every single Spider-Man film have had absolutely fantastic and gorgeous shots. Despite TASM2's flaws, one of them at least wasn't the way it was shot visually.

Not my single favorite shot (I'd say mine is the upside down kiss with MJ), but I always loved that they've adapted a panel from Flash/Barry Allen's debut issue:

154863.jpg

What's even better is that Garfield actually does that for real.

Sorry, Spider-Fan.

I don't think I can narrow down to a singular favorite Spidey shot but here are a few of mine:

(the whole TASM2 extended swinging scene)
13271337393_f9f1bb5086_o.gif

tumblr_m61rnzEvhD1rqyoslo1_500.gif

tumblr_m5gsllYIQx1rx4206o1_1280.gif

:up:
tumblr_mrah2gxfhe1r426i4o3_250.gif

Can't find a picture of it but I love the shot in ASM where Peter is just laying on his wall writing in his notepad.

In the comics Spidey loves his powers and he uses them whenever it doesn't endanger his secret identity. It's like his spider-agility is his natural way of movement that he has to suppress whenever he is around other people, another reason why he loves being Spider-man because he can just be himself.

In the Raimi movies Peter only ever used his powers when he was Spider-man, almost like the agility is an act he has to put on in order to be Spidey. He never really seemed to enjoy his powers as Peter, leading to feeling like there was a huge disconnect between Spidey and Peter, to the point where they felt like different people.

Needless to say I was so happy to see this short little shot in ASM.

Can't find a picture of it but I love the shot in ASM where Peter is just laying on his wall writing in his notepad.

In the comics Spidey loves his powers and he uses them whenever it doesn't endanger his secret identity. It's like his spider-agility is his natural way of movement that he has to suppress whenever he is around other people, another reason why he loves being Spider-man because he can just be himself.

In the Raimi movies Peter only ever used his powers when he was Spider-man, almost like the agility is an act he has to put on in order to be Spidey. He never really seemed to enjoy his powers as Peter, leading to feeling like there was a huge disconnect between Spidey and Peter, to the point where they felt like different people.

Were the cheers and "Woohoo's!" that Peter let our when he was swinging too subtle?

IMO the scenes with Peter using his spider powers to hang upside down in his room, or Peter sitting on the roof of his house in TASM were a little OTT for me. Yes, we get it, he's SPIDER-man (same to be said for Spidey crawling all over the Lizard like an ACTUAL spider). For me those moments only further emphasize the cartoonishness of the series.

In the comics (616 or Ultimate), Peter never really does any of the stuff you're talking about (using his powers as Peter for some sort of "release"). When Peter is chilling by himself, it's generally as a normal person- not on the ceiling.

Were the cheers and "Woohoo's!" that Peter let our when he was swinging too subtle?

IMO the scenes with Peter using his spider powers to hang upside down in his room, or Peter sitting on the roof of his house in TASM were a little OTT for me. Yes, we get it, he's SPIDER-man (same to be said for Spidey crawling all over the Lizard like an ACTUAL spider). For me those moments only further emphasize the cartoonishness of the series.

In the comics (616 or Ultimate), Peter never really does any of the stuff you're talking about (using his powers as Peter for some sort of "release"). When Peter is chilling by himself, it's generally as a normal person- not on the ceiling.

Spider-man cheering and wooing has nothing to do with what I said since I was talking about Peter Parker which just serves to highlight the disconnect I mentioned between the two aspects. When a costume hides a character's face, their personality needs to show us that it's the same person and with Maguire there was nothing like that, leading me to feel like they are two different people.

Also, does this look like a normal person to you?

AO9Y8qS.png

He could have easily gotten up like a normal person but he doesn't because that's not what comes naturally to him.

Spider-man cheering and wooing has nothing to do with what I said since I was talking about Peter Parker which just serves to highlight the disconnect I mentioned between the two aspects. When a costume hides a character's face, their personality needs to show us that it's the same person and with Maguire there was nothing like that, leading me to feel like they are two different people.

Also, does this look like a normal person to you?

AO9Y8qS.png

He could have easily gotten up like a normal person but he doesn't because that's not what comes naturally to him.

Hmmm...So some people say that Peter Parker and Spider-Man should be like two completely different people, with Peter being reserved and shy, with Spider-Man being bold and outspoken... and now you're saying that they should feel as though they are one and the same person. Well? Which is it?

And what is that? Like one page from a comic from like last year? What I'm talking about is the classic stuff (and even in Ultimate) We far more often see scenes like this than the one you posted above.

peter+studying.jpg

I totally realize the shot is 13 years old and am not knocking the quality of it with that in mind, but I find it contradictory that you keep knocking the quality of the cgi in TASM2, but then point to a dated cgi shot from SM1 as your favorite. Unless you appreciate the cgi Spidey swing shots from TASM2 but are complaining about other aspects of the cgi?

Otherwise, it's kind of like saying "I hate this pomeranian dog, it's too small... my favorite dog is a chihuahua."

1. Seems like you're in a minority on "dated CGI" on that shot.

2. I liked a lot of the ASM/ASM 2 swinging shots. I'm talking like some Electro stuff, the damn eels, Spidey flying towards Alexsei as he is shooting, Spidey flying toward Rhino at the end (last shot) and the entire final battle with Electro etc.

3. I wasn't really proclaiming "I love the CGI in this shot." I was saying I liked the shot.

The CGI in both films was fantastic.

Back on topic, I think ASM2's scene where Gwen dies was the most iconic and emotional of any Spider-Man film.

The CGI in both films was fantastic.

Back on topic, I think ASM2's scene where Gwen dies was the most iconic and emotional of any Spider-Man film.

Yeah, as an invdividual scene it was really a wonderful, wonderful thing. I'm glad they didn't mess it up

Yeah, as an invdividual scene it was really a wonderful, wonderful thing. I'm glad they didn't mess it up

...except they did by having Harry Osborn do it....

If I could find a pic, I would definitely say the shot of Gwen's body just after her death, you know when it lingers for a bit on her body hanging on the web?

Not in a morbid way, but it's a really powerful shot, imo.

If I could find a pic, I would definitely say the shot of Gwen's body just after her death, you know when it lingers for a bit on her body hanging on the web?

Not in a morbid way, but it's a really powerful shot, imo.
I have it,but it's allowed to post it?

Well that is the point, isn't it? Being Spider-Man is Peter's release from the world. He can forget all his troubles and just go out there and have fun as Spider-Man.

There should be a distinct difference between each persona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"