Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where you are coming from, but he basically just got 2 major creatives into hiding (Whedon and Johns) :funny: Whedon's former cast backed Fisher, and Johns had to resort to using Jason Momoa as Frosty the Snowman to deflect. IMO with the Hamada situation, an apology would be enough for both sides to move on.

I don't think it's out of touch with reality for an employee to go hard at the management team if the manager that arrived 3-4 years after you joined the project, started using mainstream press or company newsletter to repeatedly attack you, then called you privately to do some dodgy crap, then continue with the hit pieces. While your claims were justified twice, and backed up by other grassroots employees?

Like 99% of employees would just suck it up and get more jobs, but there's always the 1% that will fight to the end, for better or worse. And btw I've been called racists/Nazi by some, so I'm not just jumping in for Ray because I support XYZ movement :funny:
Believe me I think what happened with Whedon is well deserved. I am happy he was fired. I hope he never works again as a result of his reprehensible behavior. Same with Johns even. To my understanding he has suffered some repercussions(idk I might be wrong about that). I am just trying to understand Ray fisher's endgame. I really don't know what more he wants. If someone could explain that to me maybe I will better understand it but as of right now I really don't get it.

Like you mentioned hit pieces. I agree that would be something that should make someone upset but I have yet to see any article that has said anything negative about Ray Fisher specifically. Can you point me to those articles?

I would be surprised if they had hit pieces written against Ray Fisher and as a result of seeing one I would be more supportive of Ray but I have not seen any such thing.

I got a director fired like 6 months in to working in the tech industry lol. Super out of touch with just like basic human decency to suggest you shouldn’t advocate for yourself or others just because you’re new.
That's not at all what I'm suggesting. They fired and demoted people already for Ray Fisher. If the accusation is serious of course you should have something done about it. What I am trying to understand is after they have gotten rid of the culprit, what else does he want? Did absolutely everyone at the company mistreat him and others? his complaints are cryptic and do not make sense outside of the Joss Whendon stuff. WHAT IS HIS ENDGAME? WHAT DOES HE WANT? that's all I am trying to figure out.

That's not at all what I'm suggesting. They fired and demoted people already for Ray Fisher. If the accusation is serious of course you should have something done about it. What I am trying to understand is after they have gotten rid of the culprit, what else does he want? Did absolutely everyone at the company mistreat him and others? his complaints are cryptic and do not make sense outside of the Joss Whendon stuff. WHAT IS HIS ENDGAME? WHAT DOES HE WANT? that's all I am trying to figure out.

He hasn’t accused absolutely everyone now has he? He’s consistently named the same people. Hamada didn’t come up until the investigation was underway due to his actions there (Ray never said anything about Hamada being involved in the reshoots). And now he’s mentioned Sarnoff because of her recent idiotic statements in the press.

He’s probably going to keep calling people at WB out until they stop enabling crappy management. Seems pretty simple what he’s after and I don’t see the issue.

Well that's fine. I don't necessarily agree with it and I don't really #standwithrayfisher. They conducted an investigation for you and already fired some folks for you. Take the win and move on.

Gadot as WW is probably up there in terms of brand recognition.
She's basically this gen's Reeve/Superman.
But i dont think its gonna be up to Snyder, is the point. I'm approaching it from the point of view that Ben and Henry wont wanna do this. Ben because he's kind of over it all at this point and just wants to finish all this in Flashpoint and I feel Henry's definitely going to have some trepidations (especially if he's playing evil Superman). I dont know, who knows, maybe they'll both jump at the opportunity but they've both proven to be on very shaky grounds with these roles lately. I think in the case of Henry, he wants to to be Superman but he wants to be classic Superman under a different director and he wants the $$ to be right and he wants to be on the big screen.
OR, crazy idea, they could just not do evil Superman. Like if I was HBO and ATT, not just looking at numbers, but they probably scour the net for response and comments from viewers on what they like and what they didn't. And I can tell you a majority felt the knightmare stuff was just tacked on and wasn't too hot about it. I mean most people want a continuation of these iterations of the characters in further adventures and battle against Darkseid's army. You can still do all that without Superman going evil. I like what Snyder's put out so far, but I don't want to wait 5 films before we see a proper Superman being Superman and that's the end of the series.

Well that's fine. I don't necessarily agree with it and I don't really #standwithrayfisher. They conducted an investigation for you and already fired some folks for you. Take the win and move on.

I honestly feel a bit sorry for him. I think if you could've given him a crystal ball and showed him the reception of ZSJL (his part specifically) and what that could've done for his career, I don't know that he would've dragged this out the way he has. It just seems like a pride/ego thing now.

I don't know, it's a shame. I think he is way overplaying his hand and as a result not playing the good hand ZSJL could've been for him.

The whole prospect of continuing these movies is such a mess. A lot of hard realities some of the hashtaggers aren't willing to acknowledge.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but does anyone else find it hilarious that Fiona didn't like the movie?

Was just watching snippets of Josstice League for the first time since it came out on home media. Holy hell, the scene with the Flash moving that truck full of civilians actually looks like a CW episode. I mean at least the Snyder Cut looks like an actual movie.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but does anyone else find it hilarious that Fiona didn't like the movie?
Is this the Twitter lady who's been a key member behind the RTS movement? Where has she said this? That's absolutely hilarious.

what did she say?
i went on her twitter just now, and she hasn't posted anything since 3/18 when the movie was released. lol

thats funny since she is sort of the de facto leader of the RTSC movement.
did she say what her problem with the movie is?

I did some twitter investigating and couldn't find anything other than the fact Fiona hasn't posted about it since the premiere.

Someone said that she went on Weibo and made negative comments about it. She apparently has deactivated that Weibo account. All I can think is, how awkward for any future interaction with Snyder who she was in direct contact...

Believe me I think what happened with Whedon is well deserved. I am happy he was fired. I hope he never works again as a result of his reprehensible behavior. Same with Johns even. To my understanding he has suffered some repercussions(idk I might be wrong about that). I am just trying to understand Ray fisher's endgame. I really don't know what more he wants. If someone could explain that to me maybe I will better understand it but as of right now I really don't get it.

Like you mentioned hit pieces. I agree that would be something that should make someone upset but I have yet to see any article that has said anything negative about Ray Fisher specifically. Can you point me to those articles?

I would be surprised if they had hit pieces written against Ray Fisher and as a result of seeing one I would be more supportive of Ray but I have not seen any such thing.

Just 1 of the attacks on Fisher

'Justice League's Ray Fisher Denies Warner Bros' Claims Against Him

"While Mr. Fisher never alleged any actionable misconduct against him, WarnerMedia nonetheless initiated an investigation into the concerns he’d raised about his character’s portrayal. Still not satisfied, Mr. Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator," the statement continues. "This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator. Warner Bros. remains committed to accountability and to the well-being of every cast and crew member on each of its productions. It also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegation of misconduct, which thus far Mr. Fisher has failed to provide."

Deflecting via Booya

https://www.superherohype.com/movie...nds-to-ray-fishers-justice-league-accusations

“I remember [Fisher] being upset that we wanted him to say ‘Booyaa,’ which is a well known saying of Cyborg in the [Teen Titans] animated series,” said Berg.

Then made up fake news so anti-Ray people and WB can run with, "ahah! Jason is working with us now, what do you have to say huh Ray?" and I saw so many that did run with that narrative...

Jason Momoa To Voice Frosty The Snowman In Live Action Pic From Warner Bros & Stampede – Deadline

Jon Berg and Greg Silverman of Stampede produce with Geoff Johns of Madghost, Roy Lee, and Momoa.

....until Jason debunked it :funny:

Jason Momoa Breaks Silence on 'Frosty the Snowman' Movie Reports

and now we know out of Ann Sarnoff's mouth, that Hamada offered Ray a job on Flash, which means, on top of playing shady trade offs with a Hollywood newbie, he tried to bribe him with a job. Ray already said if ZSJL is the only film he does, so be it. So what's his end game?

Hamada to apologize and stop using Hamada = Asian = he didn't do any scandalous crap, would be a good start. After that, maybe Ray will continue to do whatever work he's doing now, or he might come back to DCEU, or HBO Max with Zack, or whatever.

It's funny to see WB sending out different suits to fight, maybe because Hamada's already a little controversial.

I did some twitter investigating and couldn't find anything other than the fact Fiona hasn't posted about it since the premiere.

Someone said that she went on Weibo and made negative comments about it. She apparently has deactivated that Weibo account. All I can think is, how awkward for any future interaction with Snyder who she was in direct contact...

this dont really feel that surprising either.

its like when some extremist get disappointed and turn against the leader they were originally following.

i sort of saw this as one of the scenarios with her.

just curious about what her beef w/ the movie is since she dug in hard for it in the first place.

also gotta get @Greenlite to read up on that weibo and translate...i'm not fluent enough in it!

this dont really feel that surprising either.

its like when some extremist get disappointed and turn against the leader they were originally following.

i sort of saw this as one of the scenarios with her.

just curious about what her beef w/ the movie is since she dug in hard for it in the first place.

also gotta get @Greenlite to read up on that weibo and translate...i'm not fluent enough in it!

#chintai80iscancelled is trending on weibo today apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back