Scrapped Justice League 2 Plans Teased by Zack Snyder

It's crazy to think they went into this assuming there'd be a part 2 even before BVS was even out.

It's crazy to think they went into this assuming there'd be a part 2 even before BVS was even out.

They should’ve known that wouldn’t happen based on the script. ****ing delusional...

The hubris on display here from Snyder and WB is staggering.

Despite failings, there will undoubtedly be a Justice League sequel, you can count on it - it'll just be a case of which characters will feature, when it'll be, who'll be directing, and who'll be playing Batman by the time the project starts.

Yes a Justice League sequel is inevitable but the characters that they feature is anyone's guess but my picks as for who should join the League:

Shazam (Zachary Levi)
John Stewart (Green Lantern)
Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)
Dinah Lance (Black Canary)
Martian Manhunter

Now as for who should direct? Normally I would say Whedon but who is there that can direct?

As for when the sequel should be? 2021 or 2022 at the latest but as for who should play Bruce Wayne/Batman I would go with a younger actor someone in their 30s at least who can carry on the role of Batman into the next decade

Shazam (Zachary Levi)
John Stewart (Green Lantern)
Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)
Dinah Lance (Black Canary)

Martian Manhunter
I'm on board for all of these - eventually. I do think though that the likes of Green Arrow & Black Canary could utilize an origin film first though, maybe in combination with another character, or at the very least be introduced in a film that focuses on another character.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hawkgirl too, but very much think she'd need an origin story before joining the league, as just throwing her into the mix wouldn't gain much appreciation for the character (or actress).

Now as for who should direct? Normally I would say Whedon but who is there that can direct?
Heh, I'd vote against Whedon; AoU wasn't that great, Whedon also wanted to rush a Batgirl solo, and he (through no fault of his own I'm sure) was partly responsible for the mess that was Justice League.

We need a fresh perspective.

As for when the sequel should be? 2021 or 2022 at the latest but as for who should play Bruce Wayne/Batman I would go with a younger actor someone in their 30s at least who can carry on the role of Batman into the next decade
As far as the DCEU goes, if they were to recast Batman (again) they'd need to offer up an explanation short of just putting someone else in Affleck's costume; Flashpoint could do that, but it would still feel cheap. It's a shame there's nobody else from a comic perspective that could take over the mantle, cause we kind of do need Bruce Wayne (as the Batman) for the Justice League to stand out.

Despite failings, there will undoubtedly be a Justice League sequel, you can count on it - it'll just be a case of which characters will feature, when it'll be, who'll be directing, and who'll be playing Batman by the time the project starts.

Why would there be a Justice League 2 now?

Why would there be a Justice League 2 now?
Because the DCEU is still ongoing; Aquaman is due at the end of the year, Shazam & WW2 are due next year (?), a Flash & Lantern Corps film is due post 2021. Another team up film consisting of the core DC heroes is inevitable.

I like how Snyder buys his own hype and eggs his fanboys on. It's a two way street between the cultist and the cult. Quite astonishing.

Because the DCEU is still ongoing; Aquaman is due at the end of the year, Shazam & WW2 are due next year (?), a Flash & Lantern Corps film is due post 2021. Another team up film consisting of the core DC heroes is inevitable.

Aquaman was made before Justice league was released. Shazam is not guaranteed to be in the DCEU. WW2 will probably have no reference to the DCEU, after the first film barely mentioned it. Neither Flash movie nor Lantern Corps are confirmed. There's a non DCEU Joker movie being made. New Gods isn't looking like it's part of the DCEU. No Batman for at least two years. No sign of a Man Of Steel 2.

People who think there will be a continuing DCEU, and a Justice League 2 in that same universe are deluding themselves.

I would go for Kevin Smith he is a total fanboy when it comes to superheroes and with him directing I feel like he would do the DCEU justice that's for sure

I would go for Kevin Smith he is a total fanboy when it comes to superheroes and with him directing I feel like he would do the DCEU justice that's for sure

Any ability the guy may have had to take on a huge project went out the window about a thousand joints and doughnuts ago.

Aquaman was made before Justice league was released. Shazam is not guaranteed to be in the DCEU. WW2 will probably have no reference to the DCEU, after the first film barely mentioned it. Neither Flash movie nor Lantern Corps are confirmed. There's a non DCEU Joker movie being made. New Gods isn't looking like it's part of the DCEU. No Batman for at least two years. No sign of a Man Of Steel 2.

People who think there will be a continuing DCEU, and a Justice League 2 in that same universe are deluding themselves.

I think the truth is somewhere between "inevitable" and "deluding themselves"

If there are 3-4 successful Justice League-y franchises, a team up will be called for and delivered. JL2 is not a door anyone has any incentive to close, even if they've finally gotten smart enough not to announce it before any demand for it exists. New leadership finally doing the smart thing isn't quite a delusion, it's a legitimate possibility, as is having a successful Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam and Green Lantern/Flash/Batman/Superman/New Gods franchise that people would get a kick out of seeing together again. Not inevitable by any means, and certainly not a four year plan like with the MCU, but a six year plan? Eight year? Not unthinkable at all.

Smith has mentioned many times that he does not want to direct any superheroe movies and is more interested in watching them.

Kevin Smith doesn't have the directing skill for it. He doesn't shoot action, really. I love much of his work, for action films you need to be able to use the camera dynamically. He keeps the camera static in his productions. His one attempt at a major action film, Cop Out, was awful (and it looked awful).

I think the truth is somewhere between "inevitable" and "deluding themselves"

If there are 3-4 successful Justice League-y franchises, a team up will be called for and delivered. JL2 is not a door anyone has any incentive to close, even if they've finally gotten smart enough not to announce it before any demand for it exists. New leadership finally doing the smart thing isn't quite a delusion, it's a legitimate possibility, as is having a successful Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam and Green Lantern/Flash/Batman/Superman/New Gods franchise that people would get a kick out of seeing together again. Not inevitable by any means, and certainly not a four year plan like with the MCU, but a six year plan? Eight year? Not unthinkable at all.

I agree another Justice League film is entirely possible in the time frame you outline, but it will not star the people in the last one, and will not be set in a narrative that is recognisably anything to do with the last film. Of that, I have no doubt whatsoever.

I agree another Justice League film is entirely possible in the time frame you outline, but it will not star the people in the last one, and will not be set in a narrative that is recognisably anything to do with the last film. Of that, I have no doubt whatsoever.

I also doubt it'll be called Justice League 2. They're gonna treat it like a soft reset. Same reason I'm pretty certain any new Superman movie we're getting is not gonna be called Man of Steel 2.

I also doubt it'll be called Justice League 2. They're gonna treat it like a soft reset. Same reason I'm pretty certain any new Superman movie we're getting is not gonna be called Man of Steel 2.

Absolutely agree.

With the exception of Aquaman, I've said before that the Wonder Woman films (both of them) could easily exist in a reboot franchise because neither of them actually show any other cast members from the DCEU.

As far as other films go, with the exception of Aquaman (this again depends on how it plays out) they could all work to our advantage. If DC/WB did decide to reboot the DCEU, and if Aquaman doesn't mention anything that's happened previous, then DC/WB could, in theory, make a new DCEU whilst incorporating the other films (excluding BvS & JL) into a new universe. Man of Steel could still be used as the introduction (I don't think there was anything wrong with that film).

This may seem a little muddled, but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from? In short, DC/WB can continue with their DCEU if they only removed BvS & JL from it. Might serve them well to do away with SS too.

I would argue the same for people who don't think a JL2 is eventually going to happen. Maybe we have different ideas of what is meant by Justice League 2, but I am confident in saying that the current films are not going to be the last time the likes of Henry's Superman, Gal's Wonder Woman, Jason's Aquaman (etc) are shown in the same room/sequence together. The singular doubt I have is whether we'll again see Affleck's Batman.

The (inevitable?) Superman Sequel could do with being called Man of Tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"