DC Film Slate Announced By WB

:huh:

What do you mean?

I'm saying that we shouldn't take the schedule too seriously. We shouldn't be too offended or excited about as it's a hypothetical schedule. All of this can and will change based on the quality of the scripts and directors that manage to come in, and also the public abd critical reception to BvS and Suicide Squad.

Right. Anything could delay or even bench a film. I'm excited about the potential of the coming schedule, but I'm not sure if all of them will make it to the big screen.

The same thing could be said about Marvels slate.But no one does because thats being unneccsarily negative.Same situation here.

Marvel is more firmly established but even in their case I don't care about their plans for 2028.

Wonder Woman directed by Michelle Maclaren

The Flash directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller

Aquaman directed by Doug Liman

Shazam directed by Brad bird

Cyborg directed by Joseph Kosinki

Green Lantern directed by Alex Proyas

Perception is sometimes the reality. If Marvel are going all out with extravagant events outside the cons and engaging their audience it casts a negative light on WB if they're slate was announced at an investors meeting, because it makes it looks as if their priorities are different with regards to these properties. Like it or not Amell has a point with regards to Gustin, for some people the perception is it's disrespectful to a degree that two weeks after he begins playing the Flash someone else is announced to be playing the same character in a bigger production. That may be the nature of Hollywood but at the same time it doesn't looks great from a PR perspective. The thing is the game has changed now for superhero films, Marvel is the cool brand and justifiably so given their consistency and engagement with their audience and have thus bred loyalty. It isn't enough for WB to just announce films, they've got to develop the DC brand if they want the same results.
My point was very simply that Amell finds himself in an interesting position given all his statements about wanting and appreciating his own universe. That he is now in a position to say this, implies he's one step away from preaching WB not make a jla movie(cause of what that will do to his league), and WB just scratching their head at how dumb any of that sounds. But that was beside my point, I really was commenting on the idea that unlike the marvel announcement, WB did what they did in a way that if anything wouldn't entirely undermine Grant.

All this talk of how marvel shows it up for their fans..could you imagine Ezra and Cavill were dancing around on stage? That's my point. The investors announcement should have made(some sort of announcement that is), at the very least it saved the company face in the wake of what would have surely been a media/fanboy free for all in terms of 'WB is reactionary to their competition, that's just at the least. It also did other things, however that they didn't do it in an extravagant way is what I"m talking about. Just imagine what that would have done for Grant as he exists today.

Thirdly, as I've said elsewhere, this actually helps the cw flash, as well as the brand. Rather, anything that increases brand relevance in a good way, even the brand itself being a part of 'avengers', helps the CW flash. This idea that people will now pick and choose is backwards imo. Especially when you are dealing with cross media. I'd be saying the same thing if there was a Flash cartoon currently running. The show will be going into it's fourth season.....

In closing, my point was that wb didn't actually do the big fat 'your welcome' announcement(something you seemingly come down on them for) like their comp, they did what they did with alot of discretion. As for if they needed to announce in the first place, that's a solid yes imo.
As for whether or not they should have recast flash, another yes for me and I figured Amell would agree if he had any sort of consistency in his statements over the years.

Excited for all of them

batman-v-superman-affleck-cavill.jpg
joker_luthor_full.jpg

Gal-Gadot-Wonder-Woman-Costume.jpg

JL-hed.jpg

flash3.jpg

throne-of-atlantis-101565.jpg

Shazam-Movie-Comedy.jpg

darkseid-vs-justice-league.jpg

JL29d.jpg

green-lantern-new-52-5-no-fear.jpg

Granted I won't be surprised if the plan changes completely. 2020 is forever away. Kids entering secondary school now will have graduated before GL comes out.

Last edited:
Agreed. I think both the schedule and possible casting choices may change like ezra, who i like but for some reason i dont think it'll fall through with him. Not that he's incapable but there are probably better choices out there anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"