Ray Fisher is CYBORG!

No there was no mother box. It's been a long time since I read those old Teen Titans issues but from what I remember Vic's scientist parents accidentally released some gooey extradimensional creature that killed them and f@#$ed him up. The lab repaired the damage to his body by replacing his missing parts with cybernetics.

No there was no mother box. It's been a long time since I read those old Teen Titans issues but from what I remember Vic's scientist parents accidentally released some gooey extradimensional creature that killed them and f@#$ed him up. The lab repaired the damage to his body by replacing his missing parts with cybernetics.

I see... thanks a lot for the info. :up:

I like how he looks:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Not big on a blue light though.

Not feeling it. I assume the CGI is a WIP.

Oh the cgi is a work in progress. I like what I'm seeing so far. After Wonder Woman this is my most anticipated solo film.

I also want a Borg Life T-shirt

I guess I didn't pay that close attention to the quality of the CGI but the overall look I think is what I wanted.

Ray and Ezra give me BB and Cyborg friendship vibes from Teen Titans.

I really like it, specifically the shape of the torso and shoulders. Seems inspired by old-school computer sprites, like he's a computer file that's manifested itself in reality, playing up the 'digital' aspect of the character, not just the mechanical/robotic side.

Snyder may have his flaws, but you gotta give props to his creativity. I never would thought of a look like that for Cyborg.

...That being said, for his solo movie (or maybe by the end of JL), I would like to see Cyborg get a new human-sized, more superhero-esque body, someone kids look up to, not run away from. I think you can get a lot of characterization/story mileage out of it too. Like I want to see a quiet scene of Vic in his old room where for the first time in years, he's able to put on clothes, his football jacket, a baseball cap, and then take a walk around his neighborhood without anyone noticing him (ala the "Raindrops are falling on my head" scene in Spider-Man 2).

Last edited:
So this is where they got that shape for a face plate from, I knew it looked familiar:

CYBORG01_600_553850febdf1e9.89050505.jpg

21loa2x.jpg

Though I do see a bit of an influence of earlier design as well:

ay7vdl.jpg

Cyborg will be in Flash 2018

Cyborg will appear in “The Flash,” sources tell Variety.

It’s not known how substantial a role the hero will play in the film. But it’s another signal of DC Comics and Warner Bros.’ ambitions to build a sprawling, cinematic universe to compete with Marvel Studios, one where heroes and villains will pop up in solo spinoff adventures, as well as lend support to other costumed allies. Cyborg’s appearance in “The Flash” and next year’s “Justice League” are intended to whet audiences’ interest in the character, building toward a potential, standalone “Cyborg” film in 2020.

Will be really interesting seeing non-Bats/Supers members interacting in different films.

somewhere Ray is looking at that pic and thinking to him self "why did I work out for this role?" lol

Lol. I'm sure we'll see football star Vic pre accident.

New Image of Cyborg with what I think is the sonic gun:
justice-league-aquaman-ww-cyborg.jpg

I do think it adds a little more blue, which I wanted, instead of solely grey with little red and little to now blue. I am a little disappointed with the legs though. But at the same time we have came a long way from this:
latest

I think he looks cool but I'm honestly having a hard time with this character. I think I wish he wasn't in it. But I haven't read the comics . These movies take themselves seriously and I just would feel terrible for someone like him. It would seem terribly lonely. I just don't get how this character could ever truly be happy.

Maybe Cyborg is going to be the new guy who trying to cope with all his changes and learning from everyone else. He'd be friends with Flash right away since they're both young and Flash is eager. They both want to fit in for different reasons. Flash is a lonely nerd and Cyborg has always been a team player and likes being part of a team as a football player. It's the jock and nerd dynamic and they're both the young guns. Scientist and science experiment too.

Maybe Cyborg is going to be the new guy who trying to cope with all his changes and learning from everyone else. He'd be friends with Flash right away since they're both young and Flash is eager. They both want to fit in for different reasons. Flash is a lonely nerd and Cyborg has always been a team player and likes being part of a team as a football player. It's the jock and nerd dynamic and they're both the young guns. Scientist and science experiment too.

That sounds cool. I just can't see taking this character seriously without seeing some despair over never being able to be with a woman for the rest of your life. Knowing that at such a young age. I can buy him doing heroic things but if they don't explore a lot of sadness at what has happened to him I think it's kinda messed up.
But people are fed up with sadness or gloominess. This is why I would not have chosen him. I myself wouldn't mind a deep story line that but I think fans would be fed up.

That sounds cool. I just can't see taking this character seriously without seeing some despair over never being able to be with a woman for the rest of your life. Knowing that at such a young age. I can buy him doing heroic things but if they don't explore a lot of sadness at what has happened to him I think it's kinda messed up.
But people are fed up with sadness or gloominess. This is why I would not have chosen him. I myself wouldn't mind a deep story line that but I think fans would be fed up.

Well it's not like they had to cut his Johnson off. They chose to. He can be part machine and retain the family jewels but for whatever reason they always choose to castrate him. David Walker pretty much reversed that in the comics but now that he's not writing the book I don't know if they've maintained it.

Well it's not like they had to cut his Johnson off. They chose to. He can be part machine and retain the family jewels but for whatever reason they always choose to castrate him. David Walker pretty much reversed that in the comics but now that he's not writing the book I don't know if they've maintained it.

Interesting. I mean, it would be the most heroic of characters to still do good in the world but it's haunting to me when I think about it.

In Rebirth, Cyborg can still regenerate skin and muscle tissue over his synthetic chassis at will. So his reproductive organs are still there thankfully.

The drawback is that it takes a toll on his processing power, so it's relegated to a "civilian mode".

Best decision DC has made by far in regards to Vic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"