The Official Cyborg (Summer 2020) Thread

DrCosmic

Professor of Power
Reaction score
So, Victor Stone is getting his own film, this seems to be after his debut and likely origin story in Justice League, not unlike Justice League: War the animated feature or the first arc of Justice League in the New 52.

JL1-1.jpg

Right now, we know Cyborg will be played by Ray Fisher, who is a stage/Broadway-style actor, but basically an unknown. Even he didn't nkow he was going to star into a film until we did. That said, after appearing in a big budget thing in 2016, he's likely to get a significant amount of work before 2020.

Cyborg's supporting cast is at least existent. He has his dad, Sarah Simms, Sarah Charles (someone should do something about that Sarah issue). Technically he can claim Teen Titans supporting characters like Marvin and Wendy as his. There's some story there. His rogues gallery is pretty much non-existent. He'd have to basically fetch from DC Universe's general villains like Solomon Grundy or Vandal Savage or something. Any ideas how that could work? Who that could/should be? I had a whole Cyborg TV series idea one time, might be something.

Anyway, thoughts? Reactions? Excited? Not Excited?

justice-league-cyborg_zpseb6d5ba9.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being the most critically acclaimed upcoming DC project. It's clearly the least anticipated. It has the least amount of expectation attached. That might change depending on what WB manages to accomplish with their DC properties. But with that lack of pressure it'll have a lot more creative flexibility than say a Justice League or Wonder Woman.

Ok. We'll call it "The Six Million Dollar Black Man"? :)

My guess is that the Cyborg movie will actually turn out to be

(1)A Cyborg and Titans movie
(2)A Cyborg and Metal men movie
(3)A Cyborg and Techheroes movie(Techheroes like Bluebeetle and Booster Gold).

My guess too, especially since Cyborg has no villains. Pair him with others and you can steal their villains without it making no sense.

IMO this should heavily feature the Titans, and Deathstroke could be the main villain

This should be a Titans origin film with Cyborg as the leader. Nightwing should have a big role in this film too.

Never thought we would get a Cyborg movie. I can't stand all the people doubting this movie before it even comes out. How about you see an image, a clip, a movie with Cyborg and realize their vision for the character before you dismiss it. I'm personally not a huge Cyborg fan, find him a little boring, but think he could have potential if fleshed out better. I think he could work better in film with a good actor than being in comics and other animation just because justice league needs a black guy. I'm looking forward to this and Fisher portraying him. Good luck.

I kinda liked Cyborg on the Teen Titans cartoon and that's all I got.

They could always use the JL name on movies with a bit less name recognition. "Justice League: Cyborg" :D

I like the Cyborg and Techheroes idea.We are already getting a Titans tv show and Metal men dont seem to fit together with Cyborg.

The Techheroes on Cyborgs team would be:Cyborg,OMAC,Bluebeetle and Kid Amazo. All of which are Cyborgs just like Cyborg

I was okay with Cyborg being in Justice League, because somebody's gotta die, but now I'm displeased that this d-lister of a character is getting a feature film and Manhunter is not.

Martian Manhunter on arrow or the flash would be enough to satisfy me for now. He should have a big role in the CW Justice League, along with Hal

I expect J'onn to be in JL sequels.

Anyway, Vic has a good story, and decent supporting cast. As for who could be the villain? I'd have Professor Ivo and T.O Morrow working on an Android (Red Tornado) as the physical threat. I'd eventually lead them into Amazo for the sequel. I might even work in Gizmo as an assistant to the professors and a prodigy.

Last edited:
I wonder if for a film they'll really change up a lot for Cyborg? I find his classic origin compelling and the basic gist, athlete becomes half man/half machine would be fine with me. Lots to work with there, but maybe they will go another route? Could they make Victor a vet of the armed forces or a cop? To similar to other properties maybe? Or does it add an element where it's more natural to get him into an action adventure story?

Given an American Football scene with Victor playing has been shot for DoJ, I reckon they are sticking to the original origins.

Given an American Football scene with Victor playing has been shot for DoJ, I reckon they are sticking to the original origins.

The football scene has been rumored to be cut, and it was never confirmed or even hinted at that Victor was in that scene

Martian Manhunter on arrow or the flash would be enough to satisfy me for now. He should have a big role in the CW Justice League, along with Hal

I'd rather hold off on MM until the Krypton show. I want to see what that's all about first. If they do that right, it will undoubtedly be a better platform to show him and his backstory.

I'd rather hold off on MM until the Krypton show. I want to see what that's all about first. If they do that right, it will undoubtedly be a better platform to show him and his backstory.
I'm not with you on that one... i personally don't care about seeing J'onn interacting with Jor-El and a bunch of other non Leaguers.

If J'onn shows up on tv, it's gotta be on the CW. He'd be an amazing asset. They're putting a JL together on that show already.

I'm not with you on that one... i personally don't care about seeing J'onn interacting with Jor-El and a bunch of other non Leaguers.

If J'onn shows up on tv, it's gotta be on the CW. He'd be an amazing asset. They're putting a JL together on that show already.

I've had my taste of MMH on CW, I just want something different. I want to see the gloves pulled off with MMH in space.

While I'm happy with Arrow and the Flash, I don't know what kind of Justice League that'll be with no Batman, Superman or WW.

I've had my taste of MMH on CW, I just want something different. I want to see the gloves pulled off with MMH in space.

While I'm happy with Arrow and the Flash, I don't know what kind of Justice League that'll be with no Batman, Superman or WW.
Sure, but i don't want to see MM in that context, it's not as interesting to me as MM with the Justice League

also the League has been known to operate without the three of them

Year One incarnation: Green Lantern, Manhunter, Aquaman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, The Flash

it can still be the JLA without the big 3.

Movies can have the trinity, tv will be fine without them

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"