Justice league technical crew update

Chew Chan was (or is) a part of the JLA crew doing. He did artwork for cut comic book opening sequence of Superman Returns.

I'm a writer/artist. This is my temporary website for my art while my professional swish one gets finished. I'm in Sydney, just moved here and looking for work editing, writing and illustrating. My main project is to develop my children's book and cartoon series Catvengers but I am also seeking other commissions and welcome enquiries. I used to run Lynk Manuscript Assessment Agency. There's a page on me there still at www.lynk.com.au In addition to developing my own projects I'm also working on stuff with Bruce Walshe Cootband Edutainment; Comic-book writer Chris Sequiera who's worked for Marvel and DC; and Chew Chan, storyboard artist for Superman and, currently, Justice League.
Source:http://www.myspace.com/janni_boy

chewchansi1.jpg

The production designer, Owen Paterson has dropped out of JLA to work on The Wachowski Brothers' Ninja Assassin.

The production designer, Owen Paterson has dropped out of JLA to work on The Wachowski Brothers' Ninja Assassin.

Darth Nata, thanks for the update.

Should Paterson's departure be a cause for concern? I hope this isn't a case of rats leaving the sinking ship.

Darth Nata, thanks for the update.

Should Paterson's departure be a cause for concern? I hope this isn't a case of rats leaving the sinking ship.
No, it's not a cause for concern. The sets design should be completed as they built most of them. And he would have his assistants keeping him informed if there are problems.
There's a new costume designer, too.
Emily Seresin

The WETA is also working with the special effects. The movie may follow ''The Spirit'', ''Sin City'' and ''300'' and use Green and Blue screen.

Thanks Darth Nata.:up:
No, it's not a cause for concern. The sets design should be completed as they built most of them. And he would have his assistants keeping him informed if there are problems.
Yeah and Ninja starts filming this month until July.So he should be done by the time JL starts it's shoot.
There's a new costume designer, too.
Emily Seresin
Interesting...except Dark City i don't know any of the credits on her resume. Wonder if she was Marit Allen's assistant?
The WETA is also working with the special effects. The movie may follow ''The Spirit'', ''Sin City'' and ''300'' and use Green and Blue screen.
Probably won't be as green screen heavy as those films though but it will save them lots of money.:cwink:

I think alot of studios use CGI now in scenes when its not necessary.
They seem at times like a kid with a new toy or something with the over use of it.

Yes some over use cgi/green screen effects while others dont use it at all or very little.

''Justice League'' would be very benneficiated by Chroma-Key.

Some more crew that worked on the JLA movie.

From Top Technicians Management:
Naomi Piper
Objective: Freelance Production Assistant
Current: Contact: Top Techs Management

TVC Experience:
Nov 07 – Dec 07 7 Friends Justice League PA Construction
Sep–Oct 07 Spinifex Interactive One World PA
Source:http://www.toptechsmanagement.com.au/download/cv/PiperN.pdf

From Eamon O’Kane's site.

shapeimage11gr2.png

Source:http://eamon-okane.com/film_credits.html

I think this confirms that sets were constructed.

Nice links, I thought there was sets that was getting built for the film when the writers strike started and they stoped work on sets back in jan when the official delay went down right?

Nice links, I thought there was sets that was getting built for the film when the writers strike started and they stoped work on sets back in jan when the official delay went down right?
Yeah something like that.

The artist and technician Antony McMullen worked on JLA prosthetics. Wonder which characters he got to work on? There are examples of his work available at the link.

FEATURE FILMS

"Justice League of America" Prosthetic Artist - WETA Workshop 2008

"District 9" Prosthetic Artist - WETA Workshop 2008

"X Men Origins - Wolverine" Prosthetic Transfer Design and Fabrication 2008

"Avatar" Prosthetic transfer mixture (supplied to WETA) 2007

"Nims Island" Prosthetic Transfer Design and Fabrication 2007

"Daybreakers" Senior Special Make Up Effects Artist 2007
Prosthetic transfer appliancess, the revolutionary new prosthetic technique sweeping through the make up effects world in recent years. This prosthetic appliance technique, which was previously only able to be commercially made in the USA, is now available in Australia for both specialty custom work and also in a range of “generic” appliances.

After several experiences with these transfer appliances, Antony McMullen researched and developed his method of this type of appliance technique over a period of 6 months. He has been so successful with it, that he supplied WETA Workshop in New Zealand with his prosthetic transfer mixture for the new Sam Raimi vampire film “30 Days of Night”. And more recently, they have been extensively used in the Sperig vampire film, Daybreakers", starring Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe and Sam Neil.

The transfer style of prosthetic appliance has many benefits:

•translucent appliance material
•self adhesive prosthetic
•very fast and easy to apply
•edges blend and disappear beautifully
•colouring is quick
•accepts almost all forms of make up to colour
•appliances and most importantly, the edges, stay down ALL day long
•require very little to almost no touch up during the shoot day
•very natural movement with the skin
•very effective even when used in and around water

Prosthetic transfers are perfect for appliances such as gun shot wounds, stab wounds, lacerations, scars, bites, burns, stitched wounds, scratches, skin conditions, ulcers and more. The possibilities and applications are very diverse.

However, no technique is perfect, they do have limitations:

•cannot be used to cover highly contoured or curved areas such as full nose or ear
•once the appliance is “touched down” onto the skin while applying, it is stuck down!
•work best as thin to very thin appliances. Sculpts/appliances that are 6-8mm or less in thickness look and work the best. Appliances greater than 1cm in thickness are generally not suited to this style of appliance.

Currently, 4 standard colour variations have been formulated; a red tone, a yellow tone, a light tone and a medium tone. A colour sample card with all 4 tones is available upon request. It comes permanently attached to clear plastic enabling you to hold this up against the actor/subjects skin to determine which colour is most suited.

It is highly advised that at the earliest possible date to contact Antony in regards to your project and the possible use of any prosthetic transfers. The prosthetic transfers do require a minimum lead time of 5 days for their fabrication. Shipment is by courier and is usually 1 - 2 day delivery for metro areas across Australia. The appliances are made to order and are not kept in stock. This means you are only supplied with fresh, brand new appliances. Please contact Antony for prices and payment terms information.

Aside from being the only artist to fabricate these transfers here in Australia, Antony is also the best and most experienced in their application. If you require an artist who has a great standard of work, is fast and reliable and knows the product and it’s abilities inside and out, then Antony is the only artist for the job. He works as freelance artist and is available for hire to do any application work that may be required on your project, whether it’s just daily, weekly or an entire shoot. Please refer to the transfer gallery or portfolio areas to see photos of Antonys work using prosthetic transfer appliances. Antony is also a holder of valid Australian, British and European Union passports.

If you would like to be kept updated with any developments to do with the prosthetic transfer appliances, please email Antony and he will email you with any new developments, changes or information as they occur.

Antony's transfer appliance products have been used in:

Justice League of America
X-Men Origins - Wolverine
Lovely Bones
Under the Mountain

Daybreakers
Nims Island
Sea Patrol

30 Days of Night
Source Links:http://antonymcmullenfx.com/transrers.html
http://antonymcmullenfx.com/resume.html

I guess the martian if he was actually going to be an actor in makeup. But who knows i personally want to see an actual actor in makeup and all that then him being a fully cgi character.

Hey guys i got some news of crew members who have left JL(M) production.
First is Production Artist Daniel Cox:
http://danieljamescox.blogspot.com/

Saturday, March 22, 2008
Well after the disapointing news that The Justice League film i was working on didn't receive the tax concessions (despite George's pleas), i've signed on and have been working with Baz Luhrman on his 'Australia' flick. It's great fun and it's going to be one hell of a movie. Big and epic :-)

And Second Scenic Artist Billy Shannon:
http://artbilly.com/html/now.html

The Justice League film fell over, so am waiting for the next big thing..
One creates the next big thing as well as waits for it...

we know nothing on this film that is confirmed so it way to early to judge the film, only thing for sure it is miller as director right now and the writers. Everything else is not confirmed or known same with the cast yes it was mostly crap guys but since the delay no one is signed with the film anymore so we could be seeing another people in the roles for all we know.

''Watchmen'' will be great. This will be good when it come out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"