Justice league technical crew update

Maze

Proud AquaMomoa inventor
Reaction score
Meanwhile, over on George Miller’s Justice League, we can report that the bulk of filming will take place at Fox Studios in Sydney and will involve extensive green screen work.

As for crew members, Miller has added another Oscar winner to his team in the form of director of photography Dean Semler. Art direction comes from Hugh Bateup and Damien Drew, both veterans of The Matrix franchise and Superman Returns.

P.J. Voeten, who has worked with Miller on Happy Feet and Babe will join the production as first assistant director when he finishes work on The Mummy 3 in Canada.

Now for something that’s sure to get fanboys salivating - WETA will be designing the costumes for the Justice League heroes! They may even be handling visual effects as well, though that news isn’t confirmed yet.

It’s worth noting that films on this scale will often take on several effects houses to manage the workload, so WETA are likely to be involved in some form.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/exclusive-wolverine-and-justice-league-updates.php

:hyper:

ps : Could a mod shorten the title to Justice league technical crew update? thanks in advance.

Thanks for that.

The technical side of things is sounding top-notch.

Sounds great, but what about d@mn casting??

looks like the art department from WETA will be making concept pics for the suits

looks like the art department from WETA will be making concept pics for the suits

Yeahh baby :woot: :hyper: (sorry dark_b i mean :o :woot: )

Thanks hunter :up:

So what do you think about the crew so far? :yay:

No problem :up:

WETA is always great news and i really like the choice of the Art Directors from SR and the Matrix as the movies both had great looks IMO.

WETA is always great news and i really like the choice of the Art Directors from SR and the Matrix as the movies both had great looks IMO.
Agreed :yay:

i expect great thing and dare i say it ( and i may be wrong) maybe revolutionnary thing in superhero costume for example..

i duno but i wonder if the green screen hint mean that the movie is really going for an hyper stylised look ..:huh: more comic booky maybe?

that could help to differenciate that universe from the other Superhero dc/Warner franchise :yay:

yes, the crew looks excellent, but what I wanna know is who gets cast for each role. thats the ticket for me.

Agreed :yay:

i expect great thing and dare i say it ( and i may be wrong) maybe revolutionnary thing in superhero costume for example..

i duno but i wonder if the green screen hint mean that the movie is really going for an hyper stylised look ..:huh: more comic booky maybe?

that could help to differenciate that universe from the other Superhero dc/Warner franchise :yay:

I think you may be right Maze, i am sure they'll want to make it stand way out and be it's own entity and can you imagine the lush palette of SR mixed with the stylistic future tones of the Matrix ?:wow::woot:

I think you may be right Maze, i am sure they'll want to make it stand way out and be it's own entity and can you imagine the lush palette of SR mixed with the stylistic future tones of the Matrix ?

:woot: :yay: AND the dynamic and spectacular style of George Miller:wow::woot:

i think i'm definitevely hyped :woot: hoping to not be disapointed by our dreams lol ;)

That Miller and Warner bring a cast on par noww!:hyper:

:woot: :yay: AND the dynamic and spectacular style of George Miller:wow:

i think i'm definitevely hyped :woot: hoping to not be disapointed by our dreams lol ;)

That Miller and Warner bring a cast on par noww!

I hope we get the George Miller that nailed The Road Warrior :up:

Yup, casting really needs to be done ASAP:woot:

I look at it like this. You can have a spielberg directing, a weta doing the special FX, and a williams scoring, and it wouldnt matter at all if you had a cast that the public hates.

:wow: :wow:

IF WETA GETS THE EFFECTS....

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Great news

They're coming :D

Justice_league.jpg

cool news on the crew and weta too cant wait to see the concepts of the suits.

Oh man, WETA is up on this?! AND most of the crew so far have one of the best reps in the biz? Christ, this movie has to happen. Opportunities like this don't come around very often.

My only worry is that they won't get the right cast in time. But man, this is lookin' to be awesome. :up:

Semler is the name I was waiting to hear attached as he has been a Miller mainstay. He shot road warrior and Thunderdome. He has shot a lot of really big movies. Most noted for for shooting Dances With Wolves.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005871/

And WETA. Warner's has been listening to our complaints.

WETA is better then sony.
thank you. i dont like the idea of JL. but if the action and CGI is good i will have a good summer movie.

Yeah that Semler isn't exactly gold on that resume. After Dances with Wolves, his work in the 90s sucked big time. Hope it's good though.

I just hate the idea of so much of the movie being 300 style backgrounds. That movie was stylized, JL shouldn't be anywhere near that. They should live in a real world just outside our own.

Antonello Blueberry said:
And he directed half of the SuperMarioBros. Movie.
In that case, they fired the original director who developed and shot half of the movie, and he was moved up from second unit to first to finish what the other guy started. And he had to follow what the other guy was doing exactly and not really have any input into it.

So what is your point. He is still one of he best DP's in the biz.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005871/awards

Cool... another crew member added....

..its looks like more and more this movie is going to happen.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"