The Official Cyborg (Summer 2020) Thread

Lol!

Booyah: the Victor Stone story

Alternately: Man of Stone

I do like the Ivo/Morrow/Gizmo Tornado/Amazo progression, throw in OMAC down the line and you can have a lot of fun. I don't think he needs the Teen Titans or Metal Men per-se. I think he needs to be a solo hero functionally, though nothing wrong with having a sidekick, whether that be Garth or Robin or Mercury or whoever.

Robin is not Cyborg's sidekick

Cyborg should be the main character, with Dick as a supporting character, that'd be awesome

Seems to be a growing popular theory around the hype that the Cyborg movie will turn into a Teen Titans movie with Nightwing as a co lead. Any opinions?

I know that a lot of people really resent that Cyborg was chosen over Martian Manhunter to become a JL member with his own movie, and that he is the most obscure of the new members.

But I feel like if he gets some good stories between now and 2018 (probably when they will get pre production underway), and Ray gives a great performance that makes the character his than there is a possibility that WB will just end up giving Cyborg his own movie.

Then again i'm not saying that a Nightwing+Cyborg Titans movie wouldn't be awesome as well.

I really doubt they will do this. They are doing a Teen Titans TV show and I can't see them doing a movie so soon.

The Metal Men possibility is much more real IMO, specially when they were planning to do a Metal Men movie.

I wouldn't mind either of them. That Teen Titans Show is moving forward tremendously slow though so I wouldn't rule out that possibility outright.

I hope they take notes from his characterization in the solo book. He lacked a personality since the start of the New 52.

I'm sure they will. Part of the reason the Cyborg solo was started I feel, apart from attempting to popularize the character, is to establish more canon for the character. Even if he's been around a long time, his origins, powers and personality have undergone sea changes over time. They are certainly looking for this title to do what Azzarello's run did for Wonder Woman.

eZ3FYEa.jpg

Decent, if not spectacular Cyborg cosplay.

I wonder if for a film they'll really change up a lot for Cyborg? I find his classic origin compelling and the basic gist, athlete becomes half man/half machine would be fine with me. Lots to work with there, but maybe they will go another route? Could they make Victor a vet of the armed forces or a cop? To similar to other properties maybe? Or does it add an element where it's more natural to get him into an action adventure story?

Putting this out there again.

Also... It's a CYBORG movie. If it were a TITANS movie it would be that. So no... No Nightwing, no JUDAS CONTRACT ect. How the hell do you even go from a Cyborg movie in it's an adaptation of JUDAS CONTRACT? God help me, I don't get the thought process of some around these parts.

No Judas contract! As much as I love that story, it can be used later on in a Titans film.

I'd keep him an athlete instad of making him a military guy. Though I guess he could be both. He could have been a gifted athlete who chose to join the military over the pros, and was then injured during Zod's attack and the resulting destruction of his fight with Superman. His father treats him at Star Labs making him Cyborg to save his sons life.

As for the physical threat for the movie, I'd use a version of Amazo. It would be easy to have Ivo working at Star Labs with Silas Stone, and you could have T.O Morrow working on a project of his own that would become Red Tornado. And, as I stated previously I'd have Gizmo in a small role as tech wonder kid apprenticing there.

No Judas contract! As much as I love that story, it can be used later on in a Titans film.

I'd keep him an athlete instad of making him a military guy. Though I guess he could be both. He could have been a gifted athlete who chose to join the military over the pros, and was then injured during Zod's attack and the resulting destruction of his fight with Superman. His father treats him at Star Labs making him Cyborg to save his sons life.

As for the physical threat for the movie, I'd use a version of Amazo. It would be easy to have Ivo working at Star Labs with Silas Stone, and you could have T.O Morrow working on a project of his own that would become Red Tornado. And, as I stated previously I'd have Gizmo in a small role as tech wonder kid apprenticing there.

Hmm... So sort of a Pat Tillman deal? Okay... I could see that.

As for villains... Maybe THE HIVE? Or, long shot... How about the Cult Of Kobra? I think they are ripe for the big screen. You get to do commentary on a lot of things going on in the world right now with them as the baddies, not least of which is extremist terrorism.

Hmm... So sort of a Pat Tillman deal? Okay... I could see that.

As for villains... Maybe THE HIVE? Or, long shot... How about the Cult Of Kobra? I think they are ripe for the big screen. You get to do commentary on a lot of things going on in the world right now with them as the baddies, not least of which is extremist terrorism.

Ooh Kobra! I could see that, good call.

Anyway yes, Tillman is apt.

I'd definitely use the HIVE, in part two, after Gizmo recruits some members Mammoth and Shimmer. That would be my 2nd movie which would include a cameo from Grayson.

Also there's Grid http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Grid_(Prime_Earth) though he might come off as Ulron-ish in live action. He's still a cool villain.

Last edited:
Martian Manhunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cyborg

Traditionally, I too am a Martian Manhunter fan but between JL and his Solo Title, I love what the New 52/DCYOU has done with Cyborg. The current version is every bit as badass as any other DC Superhero.

I love MM, too. Cy has always had a great origin as well, and I'm sure the DCEU wanted their Iron Man if you will.

I need to start reading his current book.

Cyborg cosplay at a recent con
tumblr_nx2eef12Ff1rl3e93o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
What's with the glowing... ball... thingy..?

So Cyborg...

Hestaephus?

Or Icarus and Daedalus if you throw in his pops Silas?

images

images

Seems to be a growing popular theory around the hype that the Cyborg movie will turn into a Teen Titans movie with Nightwing as a co lead. Any opinions?

I know that a lot of people really resent that Cyborg was chosen over Martian Manhunter to become a JL member with his own movie, and that he is the most obscure of the new members.

But I feel like if he gets some good stories between now and 2018 (probably when they will get pre production underway), and Ray gives a great performance that makes the character his than there is a possibility that WB will just end up giving Cyborg his own movie.

Then again i'm not saying that a Nightwing+Cyborg Titans movie wouldn't be awesome as well.

A titans film would be cool but really what I'd like to see done is a loose creative license with the character. He has a boomtube and can go and do anything in the DC universe. There's no need to go with a techno theme villain or rely on past stories. Find a really creative director with passion for the concept and run with it.

People are close minded with Cyborg and think "Oh he hasn't done anything special", but that's what makes him great, he's a clean slate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"