DC Film Slate Announced By WB

JLR

Super Villain
Reaction score
if posted already, please merge. Per Kevin Tsujihara at Time Warner's Investor Day, the DC Entertainment Film Slate has been announced:

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Directed by Zack Snyder)
Suicide Squad (Directed by David Ayer; in discussions with multiple A-list stars)

Wonder Woman
Justice League Part I (Directed by Zack Snyder)

The Flash (starring Ezra Miller)
Aquaman (starring Jason Momoa)

Shazam (co-starring Dwayne Johnson)
Justice League Part II (Directed by Zack Snyder)

Cyborg (starring Ray Fisher)
Green Lantern

Last edited:
Wow, Shazam in 2019? I guess The Rock was a tiny bit excited to announce his casting. Seems solid. Cyborg is a surprise.

Some outlets are reporting Ezra Miller has already been cast as The Flash?

Is there any chance we'll see a solo Batfleck film or more Man of Steel solos?

I'm so glad the rumored Flash/GL team up movie didn't come to pass. Flash is one of my favorites and GL is one of my least favorites, so I'd rather they both got solo films.

2018 is going to be awesome. Flash and Aquaman are my two favorite non-Batfamily DC heroes.

Also excited for Shazam.

Also, doesn't this basically confirm the JL lineup?
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash
Cyborg
Shazam
Aquaman

That's 8, which seems like more than enough. So probably no Martian Manhunter, Hawks, GA, Atom, Black Canary, etc.

They're really pushing Cyborg. I'd rather see J'onn.

I'm so glad the rumored Flash/GL team up movie didn't come to pass. Flash is one of my favorites and GL is one of my least favorites, so I'd rather they both got solo films.

2018 is going to be awesome. Flash and Aquaman are my two favorite non-Batfamily DC heroes.

Also excited for Shazam.

This, a thousand times!:word:

I'm guessing it's going to be a Batman of The Future at this point :(

Warner Bros.’ DC Comics Movie Slate Fully Revealed!

Time Warner @twxcorp · 48m 48 minutes ago
.@WarnerBrosEnt plans to release at least 10 @DCComics -based films beginning in 2016, not counting stand-alone Batman and Superman films.
The slide shown at the meeting
NA-109401.jpg

The full descriptions of films, via press release from Warner Bros., is below.

• “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
  • “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
  • “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
  • “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
  • “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
  • “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
  • “Shazam” (2019)
  • “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
  • “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
  • “Green Lantern” (2020)

The Cyborg plan is a surprising one, though they've been pushing him to high hell since the New 52. Swap that with something like the Fourth World/New Gods or Sandman and it's even better.

Overall...
2hrod43.gif

I'm guessing it's going to be a Batman of The Future at this point :(

They said a solo film was planned, just no definite release date. Ben will have to work around his schedule before we get news on that and that could be a long time.

No Green Arrow?
Not surprising. He doesn't really add anything to a hypothetical Justice League that Batman doesn't already.

Of course, one could argue that Supes and Shazam could end up a bit redundant too.

It will be sad if Cyborg is released and Marvel still has no Black Panther.

A Cyborg movie Bruh, Ray Fisher is about to eat.

It will be sad if Cyborg is released and Marvel still has no Black Panther.

Why? Both characters are radically different.

You're doing both a disservice by boiling them down to just the color of their skin.

Almost had a heart attack seeing the news. Im most excited about Aquaman. Miller is a super talented actor and will do great as The Flash.

Looking at the line-up, these are properties Geoff Johns handled extensively in the comics except Suicide Squad. With that in mind, I have a feeling Flash is Barry and GL is Hal since Geoff loves those two a lot.

Almost had a heart attack seeing the news. Im most excited about Aquaman. Miller is a super talented actor and will do great as The Flash.

Looking at the line-up, these are properties Geoff Johns handled extensively in the comics except Suicide Squad. With that in mind, I have a feeling Flash is Barry and GL is Hal since Geoff loves those two a lot.
I don't think there was ever any chance it wouldn't be Hal and Barry.

Of course, one could argue that Supes and Shazam could end up a bit redundant too.

No because the characters are distinctive enough to prove their individual worth. Honestly the only thing they really have in common is a secret identity tied to a newspaper, super strength and the ability to fly. I know that now in the Multiverse Captain Marvel is considered one of the many different Superman analogues. Just like Captain Atom also is. However I find that when most people say they are interchangeable it's never the comic book readers. Those characters are too different in terms of power set. For one thing one is magic based and the other is vulnerable to magic.

Wow. I would never have guessed DC would beat Marvel to the punch of announcing a female led superhero movie and two minority led ones.

Good for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"