DC Film Slate Announced By WB

The best news for me is the Green Lantern Reboot.

tumblr_m90ka9IAv71qcv0d3.gif

Aquaman is probably the most risky movie project. (IMO.)

I plan on seeing them all except Cyborg. I think it's a joke that they dumped MMH for him.

Hey, WB beat Marvel to the underwater movie, too.

Huzzah!

DC is not going to go out of their way to make Barry The Flash in all of media within the last 4 years just to have somebody else be The Flash in the movie universe. C'mon now. Corporate synergy among their IP's within comics, movies, TV shows and video games is something they have deliberately concentrated on for quite some time now.

Same way Vic Stone is going to get a movie finally because since he was very popular with general audiences thanks to the Teen Titans cartoons Johns made it his business to elevate him as a founding member of the League. Even before Flashpoint he as already a League member along with his NTT peers. But the founding member thing is something that again has carried across all media from theme park rides to video games since 2011 so it's obvious why he will get a movie and not The Martian Manhunter.

Shazam is 5 years from now? That's madness!

How are they going to cast the Rock for a movie that isn't coming out for 5 years?

Wow, Cavill is going to be quite busy filming BvS, JL part 1, JL part 2 and another solo Superman movie, I guess he should start living in Gym Jones training facility for next few years ! :hehe:

How are they going to cast the Rock for a movie that isn't coming out for 5 years?

You do know that it often takes many years for a movie to go from pre-production to post right? especially big budget ones.

He needs time to bulk up.

Seriously though, in-demand actors often choose their projects years in advance.

I'm kinda skeptical about all the Snyder involvement....

I still have hope that MMH might appear in a JL movie

Well, we've already got a pretty full roster: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Shazam, and Cyborg.

Any more than that could be tough to integrate into the story.

(I'd prefer Martian Manhunter to Cyborg, GL, WW, or Supes any day, but I know most would disagree).

I'm sure he will in the future. Just like how he is now headlining his own Justice League book despite DC's insistence of keeping him in Stormwatch at the beginning of the recent relaunch.

Sorry that was kind of a random post but if you couldn't tell MMH is my favorite superhero so naturally I want to see him in a movie :p :D

I'm fuzzy on J'onn's role in the New 52. I know originally he was with Stormwatch, but recent comics seem to have him working with a spinoff Justice League team.

I think he's a key component in the DCU. Maybe they're saving him for JUSTICE LEAGUE, tied into a Darkseid/Braniac storyline somehow (I think we all know how)?

Hopefully, at least. In the meantime, it'd be cool to see John Jones show up on one of the many DCU shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"