Deadpool 2 Zazie Beets officially cast as Domino in Deadpool 2

It was still a Deadpool sequel acting as a stepping stone to X-Force, not a movie to have origin stories over why anyone else was there. I think it was intentional to avoid doing the dreaded origin story just like how Deadpool mocked his own origin story in the first movie.

We can get what happened to Domino or Cable or whoever else in either a flashback in X-Force or a solo movie if it warrants it. Not everything needs a ground up development to tell you this person is this way because this, that and something else happened to them.

Mutants are mutants. Outside the X-gene there really isn't much to tell about their powers.

Yeah, unlike Iron Man 2 this managed to be a proper Deadpool sequel, instead of being swallowed by the set up for future movies.

How would that be a contradiction. They just haven't had a one on one talk about where they come from in this one. And at that point the mission was to stop the kid, so there was really no space for Domino stopping everything to address her past.

You know people can gloss over stuff they are more comfortable talking about further down the line, yeah? It's happened to me presonally. Just sayin'.

Because it would be an about face. She didn't care about it then, it was just the punchline to a bad joke. To go back and say it's more meaningful than Deadpool 2 presented it would feel awkward in comparison.

It was still a Deadpool sequel acting as a stepping stone to X-Force, not a movie to have origin stories over why anyone else was there. I think it was intentional to avoid doing the dreaded origin story just like how Deadpool mocked his own origin story in the first movie.

I'm not asking for an origin story, just that she had a character arc. I wouldn't have had that line in there at all.

Last edited:
I think they will give Domino a better arc in X-Force. The fan reaction alone should clue them in.

I really liked Domino. She turned out to be a favorite of mine in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"