2022 World Cup Qatar

Good effort from the USA but the Dutch were far too strong and really showed their class today. A good game at least to kick-off the world cup knockouts.

They have some really good individuals but doesnt all rely on one man, they have a chance to go a long way.

The Dutch goals were real beauties and would beat any side, almost undefendable, so US can hold their heads high after that.
I’ve been very impressed with the US and wanted them to give it a good go today, but also really glad to finally see what the Dutch are capable of. Will be a great test if they go up against Argentina next round. Speaking of Argentina, I hope Australia can at least give them a scare today. :D Their fans must be in orbit right now.

I’ve been very impressed with the US and wanted them to give it a good go today, but also really glad to finally see what the Dutch are capable of. Will be a great test if they go up against Argentina next round. Speaking of Argentina, I hope Australia can at least give them a scare today. :D Their fans must be in orbit right now.

I fancy Argentina to get through this but you never know and hopefully Australia can make a game of it. Tough to keep Messi quiet all game but thats something they will need to try to do.

The Argentina crowd will at least make it a great atmosphere, all their games have felt like proper games rather than some of the passive crowds we have seen/heard.

I fancy Argentina to get through this but you never know and hopefully Australia can make a game of it. Tough to keep Messi quiet all game but thats something they will need to try to do.

The Argentina crowd will at least make it a great atmosphere, all their games have felt like proper games rather than some of the passive crowds we have seen/heard.
The atmosphere could have been better for the earlier game. I’m hoping Australia get some good moments but also want Messi to explode into his last tournament.

As you said @BlackFox , the atmosphere is certainly not lacking here. Argentina fans in full voice. :cool:

I like Australia and I see why they need to be physical this match but I'm not sure beating up, staring down, or slapping Messi around is a good strategy. He has never been known to be rattled by physicality or intimidation tactics. Even Real Madrid who have had the most success against him knew the surest path to victory was not to aggressively antagonize him.

Australia lazy there. The press from Argentina wins the second goal, 2-0 and hard to come back now.

Wow. Way to leave your goalkeeper alone on the pitch to die. The defense just stood there while Argentina rushed at their goalie.

Messi putting in a few nice touches now.

Australia get a goal out of nothing to make it interesting in the last 20 minutes. 2-1.

Australia get a deflected goal!! 2-1 and still time left.

There we go. Might put some pressure on Argentina now in the final minutes. With this World Cup, anything is possible right now.

Fantastic defense there. Good on Behich penetrating through though. Impressive.

Garang Kuol had a real chance right at the end of the match for Australia. Newcastle recently signed him as a prospect for the future.

Wow great final 15 minutes. Loved that Argentina stayed aggressive despite their lead. Australia with some great chances too.
Another worthy match that could have been a boring uneventful win. Glad to see Australia fighting and can go home proud, and as you say Argentina staying aggressive.

Argentina showed they are strong at the back and fully committed to going as far as possible in this world cup with some great last ditch saves by Martinez and the keeper in the last minute. They will be tough for eveyone who faces them as they may not be a great ball playing team but they will fight for each other and with Messi magic they are capable of going far.

Holland v Argentina as a quarter final now is mouth watering and has so much history in the world cup going back to the 70's. Its a really hard game to call that one as it should be at that stage, cant wait.

Sexist comments will result in a temp ban or worse. Let's be civilized here, okay? Thanks....,

Games were fun today. Love the knockout round. Even if the game is a bore, there is so much tension with the win or you're out.

Watching the US media try to spin a 3-1 loss to a boring Holland is hilarious. Messi is so damn majestic.

Games were fun today. Love the knockout round. Even if the game is a bore, there is so much tension with the win or you're out.

Watching the US media try to spin a 3-1 loss to a boring Holland is hilarious. Messi is so damn majestic.
There’s a lot to lose for the big teams in a win or you’re out and even when coasting at 2-0 a sudden late goal puts the frighteners back on.

I thought US showed threat at this World Cup and will grow over the next 4 years, but got outclassed by Netherlands who hadn’t looked that great prior to that. Other than that they lost a second half to Wales which they shouldn’t have but looked good in the first and against England.

France Poland and England Senegal today. Hopefully plenty of drama again…in the France match haha. Poland need to be a lot better than last match if they’re going to compete at all though.

France Poland up! France looking ominous already and Poland ultra defensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"