ABC's "No Ordinary Family"

Even worse is that Autumn Reeser was on the show too. What are the odds of she and Benz ever being on the same thing again? :csad:

Too bad Human Target got axed too. Would have loved to have seen her return there.

Better to end the show now than let it linger on into Heroes crapitude.

Actually, this show appeared to be going the opposite direction as Heroes did. It looked like Season 2, had it happened, would be better than Season 1.

What are the odds of Benz and Reeser starring in a show on HBO or Showtime about lesbian detectives?

Actually, this show appeared to be going the opposite direction as Heroes did. It looked like Season 2, had it happened, would be better than Season 1.

It's not like that's something that would be hard to accomplish.

Season 1 wasn't that bad. Comic book fans are like the hardest people to please.

When I heard people complaining about "raised webbing" on Spider-Man's costume, I knew they were impossible to please.

I'm not speaking from the point of being a comic fan. I'm speaking from the point of enjoying something that's well written and has characters that are enjoyable. I found all four of the family members to be annoying on various levels. The father, while wanting to do good, seemed completely boneheaded at times for someone who's supposed to be around people who know how to accomplish what he wants to all the time, and was so terribly written he made Chiklis seem like a terrible actor. The kids were wastes of space with the daughter being too busy being wrapped up in stereotypical teen drama with boys that brought nothing new to the table that hasn't been done a dozen times over on other shows, and the son, who was a horrible actor, couldn't even recognize the damn truth about himself for the longest time when it was painfully obvious, and even if it was a denial, it was written horribly for him to deal with it. The mother was the least offensive, but for being so smart, she did some stupid and uneven stuff as well. The show had plenty of promise to start, I will fully admit. They laid some interesting stuff out at the start, the biggest of which was the hint of others being out there with powers, but they seemed to ditch that immediately, with it only surfacing weeks later with huge breaks in between with that offered up nothing new or interesting or gripping or thoughtful in those breaks. And when they did get around to that main plot point, it moved SO slow and took forever for the main cast to get fully invested into it that I just didn't care when they finally did.

I wanted to like this show so much. It was one of the ones I looked forward to this season the most because it sounded like fun. But it went down hill so fast. It has nothing to do with being a comic fan. Yes, it would have helped if they actually used their powers in better ways, but that stems from the writing for it being bad. That is what drove me away. The characters were terribly written, the plots were incredibly uneven to the go as far as being completely pointless and filler. Yes, many other shows have filler, but at least the filler is entertaining, and this wasn't. If I had met these characters and learned everything that they did, I would line them up and run down the line smacking them all in the face because they acted so stupid at times. I understand having to stretch storylines out sometimes, but this show was done in the worst way possible for it by having the characters seem to be willfully ignorant to what was going on in their lives.

Last edited:
What are the odds of Benz and Reeser starring in a show on HBO or Showtime about lesbian detectives?

That would be weird since we've already seen them starring together in NOF in completely different roles, and we'd still think we were seeing Stephanie and Katie. Maybe only after some time. At the moment it's too soon after. I think it would work more easily if such a premise had Benz and another actress, or Reeser and another actress. Reeser seems more like she would be an amateur sleuth anyway, getting in over her head and meddling where she's not meant to, and not an actual employed professional detective.

Season 1 wasn't that bad. Comic book fans are like the hardest people to please.

It was not that bad, and for a TV super hero show the quality was pretty good.

But every episode with the Dad saying "we gotta keep it secret" time and time again, he goes out with no mask lets the guys hes beating up see his face, even when it got him in trouble, he kept on doing it. With better writing this show would still be around.

That would be weird since we've already seen them starring together in NOF in completely different roles, and we'd still think we were seeing Stephanie and Katie. Maybe only after some time. At the moment it's too soon after. I think it would work more easily if such a premise had Benz and another actress, or Reeser and another actress. Reeser seems more like she would be an amateur sleuth anyway, getting in over her head and meddling where she's not meant to, and not an actual employed professional detective.

I was kidding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"