Across the Spider-Verse Across the Spider-Verse Box Office Thread

Tis a shame it’s not doing better internationally. Still a big hit, don’t matter at the end of the day.
Maybe/hopefully the third film will see a rise in overseas numbers. And hopefully that audience stays for whatever the next project this SV team move onto after.

I wish it were making more too. But we are definitely getting a third movie no matter what so….

Movie season is entirely too crowded and international BO has room to grow for the third movie. Sony is still going to be very pleased with these numbers so far. About to cross Venom 2 WW with a more favorable domestic split and a lower budget.

Between digital release, the new short, and Spider-Man 2 continuing to build on Miles, Beyond could raise the bar even higher.

Miles and Amber throwing down for No. 1, Flash plummeting 75% — Deadline

Box Office: ‘The Flash’ To Remain No. 1 Vs. Jennifer Lawrence’s ‘No Hard Feelings’ – Deadline

FRIDAY AFTERNOON: Two animated movies, Disney/Pixar’s Elemental and Sony Animation’s monolith, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse have punked The Flash and are in a fierce fight for No. 1 with about $18M a piece after Fridays that are estimated around $5.4M.

Meanwhile, Warner Bros/DC’s The Flash is looking at a second Friday of $4.3M, and second weekend of $14M, right now down a massive 75%. Should that hold, it will be worse than the -66% second weekend drop weathered by Warner Bros./DC’s Green Lantern back in 2011. Running total for Flash by Sunday will be around $86.3M at 4,256 theaters.

Flash could lose third to Sony’s new R-rated Jennifer Lawrence comedy, No Hard Feelings which has a shot at $14M-$15M after a $5.3M Friday at 3,208 theaters.

5.7 for Spiderverse, 5.6 for Elemental. Gonna be a photo finish for No. 1.
Would be funny if Elemental managed to get no.1 in its second weekend after starting so poorly. I hope it recovers a bit.

At the same time, Vol. 3 looks to be crossing 350. One of these two is going to be the 2023 CBM domestic box office champ. I think Spidey can do it but we will see.

Nice! I guess The Marvels might have a shot if they nail it.

Here’s something you never see: theaters bail on Flash, give premium screens back to Spiderverse MID-WEEKEND.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"