Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x03 - "Uprising" - Discussion Thread

I liked that Daisy wasn't the main focus of this episode for once.

I had no idea who that chick was at the end of the episode, so that scene didn't have the weight it should've had for me.

I loved Fitz kicking some ass though! And the look on May's face when Simmons hugged her.

I see Chris from FTWD is still a little bastard on this show too lol.

My only issue is how far this InHuman thing goes. Worldwide blackouts? Yeah, The Accords would've sent in an Avenger. I hate when the show does this. Daredevil and Jessica Jones keep their threads so low key that it makes it believeable that we'd never see an Avenger but SHIELD tends to have trouble with that, and it throws me out of the moment.

I really miss Nick Fury as director though. I wonder if SHIELD gets a mention in Doctor Strange at all since they're "out there" now.

Yeah, all the worldwide stuff happening, I'm pretty sure Tony and even Steve aren't just ignoring it. I know Cap is kind of off the grid now but even he has to feel a need to intervene.

My only issue is how far this InHuman thing goes. Worldwide blackouts? Yeah, The Accords would've sent in an Avenger. I hate when the show does this. Daredevil and Jessica Jones keep their threads so low key that it makes it believeable that we'd never see an Avenger but SHIELD tends to have trouble with that, and it throws me out of the moment.

The Accords can't send anyone. The Accords are just a bunch of papers. The United Nations (because that's who is now supposed to supervise the Avengers) could send the Avengers, if there were the Avengers to send, but the Avengers don't exist anymore. They fell apart in their own Civil War and now there are only Tony Stark and Vision available to do any work.

The Accords can't send anyone. The Accords are just a bunch of papers. The United Nations (because that's who is now supposed to supervise the Avengers) could send the Avengers, if there were the Avengers to send, but the Avengers don't exist anymore. They fell apart in their own Civil War and now there are only Tony Stark and Vision available to do any work.

They could of sent Spider-Man or Ant-Man as well, since Civil War didn't state if Spider-Man or Ant-Man signed the Accords as well or not.

Black Widow is still there.

They could of sent Spider-Man or Ant-Man as well, since Civil War didn't state if Spider-Man or Ant-Man signed the Accords as well or not.
Scott was arrested with Hawkeye, Falcon and Wanda... I'm pretty sure he's considered a fugitive now along with the others.

Black Widow is still there.
Tony made the comment that T'Challa told Ross 'what Widow did' (letting Cap and Bucky go). Impression I got was that she went on the run after that (hence why she's not at Avengers HQ with the others that are still part of the Accords). I don't think the UN perceives her as an Accord abiding Avenger anymore.

Just my take, though.

Scott was arrested with Hawkeye, Falcon and Wanda... I'm pretty sure he's considered a fugitive now along with the others.

Tony made the comment that T'Challa told Ross 'what Widow did' (letting Cap and Bucky go). Impression I got was that she went on the run after that (hence why she's not at Avengers HQ with the others that are still part of the Accords). I don't think the UN perceives her as an Accord abiding Avenger anymore.

Just my take, though.

I don't think she is on the run. I just think she was sidelined at that point, but with there only being Vision and Iron Man, they sort of still need her.

There was some nice intensity in this episode, and some very cool fight scenes. I also liked that Fitz had a lot to do in this episode.

So Reyes is definitely possessed by Zarathos, which is fine by me. Haven't read the comics, but I don't like the idea that a Ghost can imbue a person with the same powers as Zarathos.

Does he have the same powers beyond flaming skull?

That was a pretty cool episode!
That chick at the end has me wondering what powers SHE has

Enjoyed the Ghost Rider Family Values side of the episode more...

...makes me wish it was just solely Ghost Rider... spin-off please...!

And Stark and Vision could easily shut that **** down.

Yeah, right. Unless they've suddenly become wizards and can be in seven places at the same time, there is no chance they could solve that crisis. Besides, Stark is probably drowning himself in alcohol and Vision is spending his time thinking about the meaning of life, which is why the President told Mace that he would send the Army into the blackout zones to take out the Inhumans by any means necessary if S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't solve everything quickly. And how would Stark do anything in an area where all electrical devices simply won't work? Without the power in his armor, he's not Iron Man anymore. He's just "Stark Man." :woot: And it's possible those EMP devices could affect Vision too, so the blackout zones are not safe for him either.

Yeah, right. Unless they've suddenly become wizards and can be in seven places at the same time, there is no chance they could solve that crisis. Besides, Stark is probably drowning himself in alcohol and Vision is spending his time thinking about the meaning of life, which is why the President told Mace that he would send the Army into the blackout zones to take out the Inhumans by any means necessary if S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't solve everything quickly. And how would Stark do anything in an area where all electrical devices simply won't work? Without the power in his armor, he's not Iron Man anymore. He's just "Stark Man." :woot: And it's possible those EMP devices could affect Vision too, so the blackout zones are not safe for him either.

I think Stark would be down for the count, since his arc reactor is attached to his chest, which is probably connected to his heart. Without power to the arc reactor, Stark's body would shut down and kill Stark.

That's not been the case since the end of Iron Man 3, when he had the shrapnel removed. Hence why he didn't die when Steve bashed in the arc reactor with his shield towards the end of Civil War.

Really good episode. Ghost Rider is easily becoming one of my favorite characters in the MCU and I need that spin-off ASAP. The fight scene at the hotel was sick!

My only gripe with this episode was there was too many coincidences, but that's typical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"