Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x15 - "Self Control" - Discussion Thread

Why did the detector at the entrance show a total of 4 LMDs if Daisy wasn't one?
Did I miss something?

Great episode btw, the FitzSimmons scene was amazing.

So if Jemma's mind goes to where her "body" is in the framework...

Oops. Hope she's not claustrophobic, but no matter what that's gotta suck.

I think her being dead in the framework already might mean that she immediately wakes back up, and her storyline will continue outside the framework.

Why did the detector at the entrance show a total of 4 LMDs if Daisy wasn't one?
Did I miss something?

I wondered the same myself.

Otherwise great episode. The writing and editing was great. Usually there are too many filler moments that just drag, but this whole episode had a sense of urgency to it.

I assumed that Fitz and Simmons were just ahead of them or something.

One of my favourite episodes of the show!!! Bummed to wait till April!

This episode really kept me on the edge of my seat! It was very exciting. Nice way to close out one storyline and open the next one.

Did I miss something?

the LMD detector history said that the total was 4 that entered the base. they just assumed it was the four in the picture

wait, since if you die in the framework you die for real does that mean Jemma is now dead?

I'm so angry though. :funny:

Like, this episode was perfection in some parts now it seems like a convoluted mess.

I hate that Ward is back.

Why is Jemma dead?

Who is Fitz with? Please don't be AIDA

its a fantasy world, none of it is real

Has Daisy always been able to "detect bones" or whatever she did with her powers? That seemed like a huge plot convenience, along with her powers doing essentially what Wanda Maximoff's could do when she tore Mack and Coulson apart. (Which admittedly was a very cool visual)

I really just hate the constant separating of FitzSimmons and I thought we were going to see the last of AIDA and the LMDs but that wasn't the case. Ward being back is awful. Brett Dalton is a terrible actor, it's like watching a piece of cardboard.

she was able to vibrate people/things into pieces in the inhuman city arc

Really enjoyed this episode and does start moving it along instead of some of the slower episodes that this arc has had.

man i love this ep :D

loved how LMD May is actually quite humane. probably the best LMD Radcliffe created and didnt realize he reached perfection. too bad he's also dead :( i liked the actor.

and Ward is the boyfriend?? :funny: i mean ok Brett is pretty damn good as Hive but ever since Ward went Hydra he's been unbearable. so not too thrilled with us getting Ward back. i'd actually rather have Hive back.

im curious as to who Mac has a family with in the Framework, Yoyo wasnt scanned.

also good catch about Jemma being dead in the Framework. Who's body would she have appeared in then? or is she some kind of phantom presence since she doesnt have a body?

im a bit ticked off though that we still have to wait till April for this. my superhero shows (both Marvel and DC) seems to be going on hiatus a lot :/

Makes a lot of sense...but wow...if Fitz is in love with Aida in his mind then that's..some messed up stuff there.

I'm betting this is the flaw that helps the Agents escape...I'm betting that Aida changed this one aspect to be with Fitz, and that Fitz subconscious somehow realizes this...Or Daisy points this out to him somehow!

man i love this ep :D

loved how LMD May is actually quite humane. probably the best LMD Radcliffe created and didnt realize he reached perfection. too bad he's also dead :( i liked the actor.

and Ward is the boyfriend?? :funny: i mean ok Brett is pretty damn good as Hive but ever since Ward went Hydra he's been unbearable. so not too thrilled with us getting Ward back. i'd actually rather have Hive back.

im curious as to who Mac has a family with in the Framework, Yoyo wasnt scanned.

also good catch about Jemma being dead in the Framework. Who's body would she have appeared in then? or is she some kind of phantom presence since she doesnt have a body?

im a bit ticked off though that we still have to wait till April for this. my superhero shows (both Marvel and DC) seems to be going on hiatus a lot :/
My guess is that Mac's family in the Framework is his previous family from the real world (a no longer ex-wife + their daughter who didn't pass away) - since I imagine his biggest regret is the loss of his daughter and whatever that loss did to his marriage

My guess is that Mac's family in the Framework is his previous family from the real world (a no longer ex-wife + their daughter who didn't pass away) - since I imagine his biggest regret is the loss of his daughter and whatever that loss did to his marriage

oh yeahhhhh, i forgot about that important bit. thanks!

Who wants to bet that in the final episode one of the programmed HYDRA leaders will escape from the Framework, build himself a physical body in the real world like Ultron and try to rebuild the real HYDRA?

its a fantasy world, none of it is real

raw

the LMD detector history said that the total was 4 that entered the base. they just assumed it was the four in the picture

Thanks, makes sense.

Also, I don't think they need Yoyo or anyone else scanned as long they are in someone else's heads.
The issue might be programming random people in the streets, shops, banks because the software kind of needs an example to follow but these are people that guys in the framework have known their whole lives.

Ha I think I know why Jemma is 'dead'.

In the framework, Jemma is already dead before Daisy and Jemma plug themselves in.

So, Jemma will be the only person in the framework that knows that she is in a fantasy world. Next, she will gather Daisy, who has memories before plugging in. Those who live too long in the framework will lose themselves and think they are living in the real world.

It will take a bit of persuasion to get Coulson, Mace, Fitz, Mack and especially May out.

Radcliffe and real Aida will be dead.

In the framework, Jemma is already dead before Daisy and Jemma plug themselves in.

So, Jemma will be the only person in the framework that knows that she is in a fantasy world. Next, she will gather Daisy, who has memories before plugging in. Those who live too long in the framework will lose themselves and think they are living in the real world.

It will take a bit of persuasion to get Coulson, Mace, Fitz, Mack and especially May out.

Both Jemma and Daisy know they're in a virtual reality. Holden Radcliffe and Agnes Kitsworth are physically dead, but their consciousnesses are alive in the Framework, just like Arnim Zola's consciousness was alive in a computer.

Fitz will likely be the easiest to extract since he will find a living Jemma when she's supposed to be dead. I agree that May will be the most difficult. I also think that Mace will die in the framework. Season's almost over, time to cut him loose.

Fitz will likely be the easiest to extract since he will find a living Jemma when she's supposed to be dead. I agree that May will be the most difficult. I also think that Mace will die in the framework. Season's almost over, time to cut him loose.

This is how I think it will go too, but I won't shed tears over Mace.

I just really hope we don't have to suffer through a lot of Ward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"