Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x21 - "The Return" - Discussion Thread

Just amazing and next week looks to be an awesome ending to the season.
Makes me wonder what next season will be like?

You KNOW this isn't going to be completely solved in one show

Makes me wonder what next season will be like?

You KNOW this isn't going to be completely solved in one show

Let's hope it gets a season 5, Vartha.

This season's been GREAT I don't see why not if they keep up the same kind of work.

This show has been great and getting it's guest stars to give really good/great performances. Bill Paxton (RIP), Kyle MacLachlan, Gabriel Luna, Powers Boothe, Edward James Olmos, Dichen Lachman, etc.

And Mallory Jansen is no exception. She's been great, and great at playing multiple versions of the same character (which is all the more impressive).

Aida has become one of my favorite villains in the MCU, wow...what a performance from Ms. Jansen!

The performances in this episode were EPIC.

Seriously Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker AND Mallory Jansen all could submit this episode for award/Emmy contention. They were all AMAZING. So so powerful...

So, Aida is the Inhuman version of Mimic with all filed Inhuman powers in one person??? Wonder if she can go Super Adaptoid and copy Yo-Yo or Daisy's powers?

That first moment of jealousy for aida. 'What do you mean her'

ha felt it, poor fitz.

Mallory Jansen is real gem of the series - she is really good actress. Her performance during the talk with Ian - really great. On the other hand - now we face the world destruction because Fitz chose the other girl :-). Actually I think about the closing with AIDA stripped of her powers - not killed off.

I normally hate the "woman scorned" cliché as villain motivation. But they kind of make it work here because they've established, across multiple incarnations, that for all of her power, AIDA has the emotional/mental maturity of a child. So yeah, she probably would lash out pettily if the guy that she liked rejected her.

The performances in this episode were EPIC.

Seriously Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker AND Mallory Jansen all could submit this episode for award/Emmy contention. They were all AMAZING. So so powerful...

So, Aida is the Inhuman version of Mimic with all filed Inhuman powers in one person??? Wonder if she can go Super Adaptoid and copy Yo-Yo or Daisy's powers?
I wonder if she does have all the powers. I mean All we've seen her do in her "Human" form is transport and heal.
I hope they give us more on that.

That first moment of jealousy for aida. 'What do you mean her'

ha felt it, poor fitz.

Mallory Jansen is real gem of the series - she is really good actress. Her performance during the talk with Ian - really great. On the other hand - now we face the world destruction because Fitz chose the other girl :-). Actually I think about the closing with AIDA stripped of her powers - not killed off.
lmao Yeah, talk about being Jealous. WOW that one "What do you mean HER?" scene was frightening lol

The scene with Fitz/Simmons where Fitz breaks down was really touching. What a great week if you are a Marvel fan, Vol 2 and now AoS really bringing it.

I wonder if she does have all the powers. I mean All we've seen her do in her "Human" form is transport and heal.
They've also given us Lincoln's electricity and possibly super strength. From what Fitz says it is save to assume that she has the powers of all of the Inhumans that have been examined and registered by SHIELD, which I presume would include at least Daisy, Yo-Yo, Joey, Lincoln, Gordon, Hellfire and even Lash, as well as a bunch of unrevealed inhumans. And possibly Giyera and Shockley as well.

This has been the best season of SHIELD period.

I love their story structure of having 3 separate arcs that converge at the end.

I hope they use the same again next year if they get picked up.

Aida is by far the best villain in the MCU.
What an amazing arc for a villain in general. It is rather cliche but it is so well executed.
Overall this season has ben amazing At the end of season 3 I was ready to let this show go after this season. But now I want more.

I hope they give us more on that.
We also saw the ability to fire some sort of lighting - she has Lincoln's power -, which she did to fry the devices that were keeping her from teleporting out, and superhuman strength, which she used to destroy one of the Russian's robotic avatars and to snap a man's neck.
Also, when she healed, she did it with some kind of fire-based power, which suggest more fire stuff.

They've also given us Lincoln's electricity and possibly super strength. From what Fitz says it is save to assume that she has the powers of all of the Inhumans that have been examined and registered by SHIELD, which I presume would include at least Daisy, Yo-Yo, Joey, Lincoln, Gordon, Hellfire and even Lash, as well as a bunch of unrevealed inhumans. And possibly Giyera and Shockley as well.
Oops, I hadn't seen this reply, sorry.
I don't know about Daisy's power, though. If they experimented on her, it was very recent, and by then Ophelia's body may have already been designed.
As for Lash, his power seemed to come with a full transformation in the way he looked, so given that she doesn't look like Lash, I'm not sure she has that one, or about any other powers that come with similar transformations (e.g., Reina).

But other than that, yeah, she probably has a lot of powers. Maybe she has James' fire too.

Aida was great last night. I actually felt sorry for her but she went 180 to crazy and made me hate her again.

Oops, I hadn't seen this reply, sorry.
I don't know about Daisy's power, though. If they experimented on her, it was very recent, and by then Ophelia's body may have already been designed.
As for Lash, his power seemed to come with a full transformation in the way he looked, so given that she doesn't look like Lash, I'm not sure she has that one, or about any other powers that come with similar transformations (e.g., Reina).

But other than that, yeah, she probably has a lot of powers. Maybe she has James' fire too.

She won't have Daisy's power, as Daisy was never experimented on in the framework. All others, maybe. The kicker is, since those were all simulations, why didn't she just put a fictitious inhuman in the framework with unlimited power and then take that?

Kind of a MODOK reference in this episode...but I'm going to assume that it was throwaway fan service and not actually leading to anything or that the Superior is THE MODOK of the MCU.

We also saw the ability to fire some sort of lighting - she has Lincoln's power -, which she did to fry the devices that were keeping her from teleporting out, and superhuman strength, which she used to destroy one of the Russian's robotic avatars and to snap a man's neck.
Also, when she healed, she did it with some kind of fire-based power, which suggest more fire stuff.
Forgot the lightning, but the fire healing would probably have been some side-effect from the Darkhold.

This is definitely going to be a great season Finale lol I REALLY hope they answer some of these questions

SDCC can't get here fast enough!!! lol

She won't have Daisy's power, as Daisy was never experimented on in the framework. All others, maybe. The kicker is, since those were all simulations, why didn't she just put a fictitious inhuman in the framework with unlimited power and then take that?
I think we don't know what sort of torture they inflicted on Daisy, exactly, or whether there was another inhuman in the framework with the same power that they experimented on, though.

As for unlimited power, I think in order to give herself a power, the power has to work in the "real" world as well, and she probably doesn't know how to make an inhuman with unlimited power (if it's possible).
So, what she probably did was replicate the DNA that they had on different databases, the info about known inhuman powers, etc., and then have Fitz use all that to figure out how those known powers work, and how to combine them.

Forgot the lightning, but the fire healing would probably have been some side-effect from the Darkhold.
Yeah, that's another possibility. But even then, it might give her some sort of extra fire power. We'll have to wait and see, in case she fights Robbie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"