Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x15 - "Self Control" - Discussion Thread

but I won't shed tears over Mace.

I just really hope we don't have to suffer through a lot of Ward.

P52v9MF.gif

ah dalton is a great actor.

looking back at season one when he was introduced and laying it on a bit tick as the all american boy scout i detested the character but that was the whole point. Over three years any angle he was asked to play ward from he played it well.

He was too good. They had to get rid of him, that he was still running around didn't fit.

What ever he is given to do at the end of season four, he'll do brilliant.

Ward is easily in the top 5 of all MCU villains. It probably goes something like Kingpin, Loki, then maybe a tie between Ward and Kilgrave.

Strictly Ward. Hive was OK, but Ward's journey from bland good guy to rogue agent to all out villain was really well done.

Finally caught up and my brain hurts. I really enjoyed this episode, but saw a ton of people really hyping it up.

Can we have that many Chloe Bennet's in real life? She was :atp: in this one and that scene where she goes full Quake :hmr:

Strictly Ward. Hive was OK, but Ward's journey from bland good guy to rogue agent to all out villain was really well done.
Yeah I can see what you're saying. Thought you meant as a powerful bad guy lol Ward's no where near a power being lol

Seems odd. Almost like Aida inverted Radcliff's 'one regret' concept and put them in a world where they all have one thing terribly wrong.

Ward or Squidward? lol

latest

Hail Hydra.

Last edited:
Great episode. Very intense. I think Fitz was replaced weeks ago when he went to visit AIDA and there was that fight and he seemed to be knocked unconscious. They never quite showed what happened but I have always suspected he might be one.

Daisy was hot in this episode. But what if all those replicas of her were nude. Would she have to strip down too? She was also hot at the end getting out of the bathtub.

I didn't realize there was a break after this. Have they actually moved onto another storyline now? But this one doesn't seem over or resolved.

I didn't quite catch Ward that everyone is talking about. Did the actor actually appear or just in a photo?

Daisy must have guessed that the others were LMDs before, but how could she be sure? She was originally acting as if she was one of them before Fitz revealed himself as one.

After watching this episode again, I have a theory of where Simmons is in the framework.

Daisy and Jemma looked for themselves in framework and planned to be sent into their avatars inside. However, what if Jemma just assumed that the lady with Fitz would have to be her, and what if Aida programmed herself to be with Fitz instead. That would mean that Simmons would jump into Aida's body, ala Quantum Leap. Simmons would be with Fitz, but he would see her as Aida.

Daisy was hot in this episode. But what if all those replicas of her were nude. Would she have to strip down too? She was also hot at the end getting out of the bathtub.

Could you please make it through one day without objectifying women?

After watching this episode again, I have a theory of where Simmons is in the framework.

Daisy and Jemma looked for themselves in framework and planned to be sent into their avatars inside. However, what if Jemma just assumed that the lady with Fitz would have to be her, and what if Aida programmed herself to be with Fitz instead. That would mean that Simmons would jump into Aida's body, ala Quantum Leap. Simmons would be with Fitz, but he would see her as Aida.
Welcome Aboard Chipster! MAN I need to see this last episode lol Sounds like something Aida would actually do tho.

I would like reiterate what poster Mike Murdock said.....Could you please make it through one day without objectifying women?

Repeated crude comments about women and their bodies. This isn't a one time thing. This is a multi-time a day thing. It gets... tiresome.

Can't say I really tracked what he was saying on a daily basis or that it bothered me when I've seen it.

Having gone back through earlier episodes this season, I have to now wonder if the woman in the limo with Fitz is his mother. Back when Fitz was having discussions with LMD Radcliffe, Radcliffe talked about regrets etc, and later Fitz was looking at a picture of presumably him and his mother. So maybe Fitz's regret has to do with not saving/rescuing his mother and he simply has oedipal issues?

Sorry, you lost me with that last sentence. lol

I can see him wanting to be reunited with his mother and even his dad though. I wonder if Radcliff mentioning Fitz father will come back in to play later on since Radcliff must also now be in the matrix.

What if Fitz dad turns out to be a supervillain?

Having gone back through earlier episodes this season, I have to now wonder if the woman in the limo with Fitz is his mother. Back when Fitz was having discussions with LMD Radcliffe, Radcliffe talked about regrets etc, and later Fitz was looking at a picture of presumably him and his mother. So maybe Fitz's regret has to do with not saving/rescuing his mother and he simply has oedipal issues?
I think, as far as we're aware, his mom is still alive (back near the end in season 1 when he was undergoing the ultimate lie detector test from one of the Keonigs, when asked to list his immediate family he said "just me and my mum" (and kind of smiled when he said it).

I think (if he was looking at a photo of him and his mother - I'd have to go back through the episodes myself) it was probably more because LMD Radcliffe had been getting under Fitz's skin by talking about his (piece of crap) father. LMD Radcliffe had been commenting how Fitz's father never saw him as good enough/smart enough. So if there's family based regrets for Fitz, it probably has more to do with wanting to be good enough for his father.

I think, as far as we're aware, his mom is still alive (back near the end in season 1 when he was undergoing the ultimate lie detector test from one of the Keonigs, when asked to list his immediate family he said "just me and my mum" (and kind of smiled when he said it).

I think (if he was looking at a photo of him and his mother - I'd have to go back through the episodes myself) it was probably more because LMD Radcliffe had been getting under Fitz's skin by talking about his (piece of crap) father. LMD Radcliffe had been commenting how Fitz's father never saw him as good enough/smart enough. So if there's family based regrets for Fitz, it probably has more to do with wanting to be good enough for his father.

True. Maybe Fitz blames himself for his family's break up. The never-ending tone of Fitz's storyline is that he doesn't always think about the consequences and keeps living with regret. If the matrix changes that, then he may not go to the academy and thus never even meet Jemma. (so her death is pointless in the matrix). I am still wondering how the matrix ret-cons Hydra overall. They want to conquer the world, so how could they end up as a division of the government (US or world)?

This was perhaps the best episode of the entire show so far.
Season 4 is most liely hit or miss for me so far. But this one was a homerun.

Yeah finally got around to watch it myself, THAT was a VERY great episode!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"