Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x08 - "The Laws of Inferno Dynamics" - Discussion Thread

I guess the brain that Aida made in the previous episode was meant for May's LMD. I wonder if the May LMD is programmed to believe itself to be the true May.

Didn't she already have a full scan of May's brain from when she was "infected" by Lucy Bauer and Radcliffe scanned her brain?

It just gets frustrating when they keep trying to balance some sort of realism by coming up with watered down pseudo-science instead of the more interesting route of forcing the scientists to confront the fact there are things that don't follow the "rules of nature".

There is no such thing. If it happens, then the "rules of nature" allow it. And if your model of reality says something that happens is impossible, its your model that is wrong, not reality.

Which is to say, there is no "beyond science". If it can be observed and studied, its subject to scientific understanding. "Is not currently understood" is not the same as "Cannot ever be understood."

( Which doesn't mean reading the Darkhold is suddenly safe. There being rules you can theoretically understand doesn't mean incautious study of the hilariously dangerous is not hilariously dangerous. )

When was May replaced? Was it in this episode? Is Ada going to start replacing everyone? Why doesn't she make herself more human if she can do so for May?

When was May replaced? Was it in this episode? Is Ada going to start replacing everyone? Why doesn't she make herself more human if she can do so for May?

There are probably more androids out there than what the show showed us. The show showed us May getting replaced, but AIDA has been in contact with Coulson, Fitz, Radcliffe, The new director, May, and several SHIELD agents.

That means most of the team and SHIELD are now androids, except for Quake, Ghost Rider, Mack, Yo-Yo, and Jemma.

Aida was likely turned evil by the Darkhold...so, a reasonable guess is that she replaced May during the last episode when May picked her up

Yeah, that's my best guess. I was trying to figure out if it was earlier (when May was recovering from dying), but the simplest explanation is when she showed up to pick up AIDA. At that point, Radcliff was sent ahead to SHIELD and May and AIDA followed, so it makes sense for her to be replaced then.

May was likely replaced when she went to pick up Aida. Aida can't make herself more human if it is a hardware issue. She can't replace/upgrade her brain, she can only make others with the upgraded brain. Of course all of this assumes any real world logic is applied, which partially goes out the window with TV.

I hope they don't have her try to replace everyone with androids only for Daisy to swoop in and save the day. omg

There are probably more androids out there than what the show showed us. The show showed us May getting replaced, but AIDA has been in contact with Coulson, Fitz, Radcliffe, The new director, May, and several SHIELD agents.

That means most of the team and SHIELD are now androids, except for Quake, Ghost Rider, Mack, Yo-Yo, and Jemma.

But only May had her brain scanned in Radcliffe's house. You can't make someone's LMD if you don't have a copy of that person's brain.

But only May had her brain scanned in Radcliffe's house. You can't make someone's LMD if you don't have a copy of that person's brain.

I think this is where Mace's secrecy stuff will backfire. Somehow Aida will be able to take the data from all of the lie detectors etc, and construct a brain pattern.

Who was Coulson referring to when he said the previous Ghost Rider made it back?

Who was Coulson referring to when he said the previous Ghost Rider made it back?

The Nicholas Cage Ghost Rider made it back to Marvel from the dark dimension of Sony. :o

This was quite a midseason finale. It was creative and entertaining and did a nice job wrapping up the Ghost Rider saga. The conflict with Eli Morrow was handled well, and there were some nice fight scenes between the SHIELD agents and the Chinese mobsters. Also, it was great to have Yo-Yo back, and she had some cool action scenes.

Yo-Yo's characterisation has been rather up and down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"