Homecoming All the technical details of this deal

As far as the clarity goes, I think his comments are clear that he's talking about what his focus is rather than what the limits of what he can do is. He never said, "our agreement doesn't allow Kingpin to appear in the movie" and other comments about Marvel characters possibly appearing suggest that isn't an absolute road block.

However, regarding everything else: You and I may agree on what we'd like to see, but I'm commenting solely from what Feige is saying and what his comments and behavior in the past suggest. I don't think Kingpin is a priority for him and that's all I'm saying.
Okay. Well, that's one thing I hope feige doesn't get to implement in the reboot.

Ya I think it's clear kevin has a clear vision he wants spidey to go. And all the secondary stuff like heroes and mcu villains get worked in as needed.

marvel-rights-v4.png

can someone please explain: what the orange and yellow divide is up on the top left, as well as what the grey around namor and kingpin mean?

also if this is the most updated, it implies that disney can use all the other spiderman characters besides spiderman. i thought they could use only spiderman

You're looking at it too literally. Disney can basically use any Sony character Sony gives them access to for the movies, hence Aunt May showing up in Civil War. Namor is in a gray area because it's not currently known what his legal status is. Last update was that he was possibly back at Marvel but that there were other parties involved that'd make introducing him in the MCU difficult.

You're looking at it too literally. Disney can basically use any Sony character Sony gives them access to for the movies, hence Aunt May showing up in Civil War. Namor is in a gray area because it's not currently known what his legal status is. Last update was that he was possibly back at Marvel but that there were other parties involved that'd make introducing him in the MCU difficult.

why is kingpin grey area? he's clearly disney property but his placement on the graph makes it look like he can also be sony property?

why is kingpin grey area? he's clearly disney property but his placement on the graph makes it look like he can also be sony property?

I'm assuming because he showed up in enough Spidey stories. Sort of like QS and SW, Sony could adapt their own vers. if they so choose.

I'm assuming because he showed up in enough Spidey stories. Sort of like QS and SW, Sony could adapt their own vers. if they so choose.

why would it be a different version if the spiderman is consistent?

Im having trouble wrapping my head around what I've heard. Apparently after the sequel to Homecoming Spidey leaves the MCU. But...how? Another reboot? Retcob? A secret wars style event where the universes are forcibly split leaving Peter with No memory of the Avengers?

He literally cant leave the MCU.

I really want a multi-verse, personally. It could be a lot of fun.

I really want a multi-verse, personally. It could be a lot of fun.

The problem is Sony they make **** movies after **** movies & after running Spider-Man into the ground they begged MARVEL for help can anyone really trust them to actually make a good movie when their last good Spider-Man related movie was Spider-Man 2 & since that point one of the worst Studio Executives of all time aka Tom Rothman has taken over Sony Pictures. It will not be a good multiverse & that is the problem

The problem is Sony they make **** movies after **** movies & after running Spider-Man into the ground they begged MARVEL for help can anyone really trust them to actually make a good movie when their last good Spider-Man related movie was Spider-Man 2 & since that point one of the worst Studio Executives of all time aka Tom Rothman has taken over Sony Pictures. It will not be a good multiverse & that is the problem

It's a shame in some regards that Sony has developed this..reputation that otherwise should get any and all Spidey fans excited. A multiverse offers a lot of possibilties, a lot of options/audiences, etc. It could be looked at as friendly competition, even.

That all said, I'm excited for Venom because I'm in the group of people that enjoyed TASM series and if it's anything like that in terms of being more 'dark' and grounded, I'll probably be happy with what I get unless it's truly bad.

It's a shame in some regards that Sony has developed this..reputation that otherwise should get any and all Spidey fans excited. A multiverse offers a lot of possibilties, a lot of options/audiences, etc. It could be looked at as friendly competition, even.

That all said, I'm excited for Venom because I'm in the group of people that enjoyed TASM series and if it's anything like that in terms of being more 'dark' and grounded, I'll probably be happy with what I get unless it's truly bad.

I am only hoping they actually make it because Sony's MARVEL movies after making that deal with MARVEL will only burn Sony Pictures into the ground so bring it Sony DO YOUR WORST TOM ROTHMAN just like you morons did with Ghostbusters DO YOUR WORST WITH VENOM

IN FACT MAKE VENOM INTO A CHICK

YOUR WELCOME FOR THE IDEA TOM ROTHMAN

Current rumors are horror/sci-fi hybrid so that sounds cool to me. Venom could really work in a horror, tension-filled environment.

The problem is its Sony good ideas bad executions but hey you enjoy it & we will be the ones laughing :woot:

What if Vemom is generally well recieved by audiences and makes alot of money

Where exactly was it apparent that he is leavint he MCU? I swear to God some of you just panic without reading or understanding what you read. It's a negotiation tactic since after those films there is no contract.

Holland said the same when asked about IW. he said "it's up in the air". Guess where Spider-man will appear in 2018. Infinity War!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"