Homecoming The No One Cares About This Franchise/Give the Rights Back to Marvel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get better at checking for typo's as my typo's make my spelling look even worse then it already is.

Your doing fine. Just make sure to read your posts before you post. Also just fixed the bolded for you. :yay:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.

Not funny and my spelling is not even close to being that bad.

I think you're falling into the same trap as Sony in that everything has to be explained. Where was Joker from in TDK? Did you care? It just wastes time, time that could be better served developing personalities and motivations.

That's not a trap that's good story telling. I know Joker in the comic books is like a mystery with no definite back story. He doesn't even have a real name. So Mr. Chris Nolan went that way and just left his origin a mystery.

None of Spider-Man's villains are like that, and all the major ones need origins to make them fully rounded characters.

Last edited:
That's not a trap that's good story telling. I know Joker in the comic books is like a mystery with no definite back story. He doesn't even have a real name. So Mr. Chris Nolan went that way and just left his origin a mystery.

None of Spider-Man's villains are like that, and all the major ones need origins to make them fully rounded characters.

What is important is what is happening NOW. You have to give a voice and motivations to 6 characters (and supporting characters) in 2 and a half hours. I couldn't care less about Doc Ock's origin because I've already seen it.

Okay, did you need to see Hans Gruber's origin? Did you care about his back story? What about Agent Smith?
Basically you define a character's past with how they are acting NOW.
In the classic Mr. Smith/Mopheus speech where Smith is telling Morpheus he hates the Matrix you don't need to have seen Smith grow frustrated at being locked in the Matrix for decades, you see it through his actions during the movie.

So did you not care less about Spider-Man's origin in The Amazing Spider-Man because you'd seen it before?

Hans Gruber was a thief who was just stealing money from a building. What origin did he need to make his character more clear? It's not like he's a scientist who turns up with four metal tentacles on him, or a rich industrialist in a Goblin costume and a glider. Characters like that need origins to help flesh out how they came to be like that.

I don't know anything about Mr. Smith because I am not a fan of The Matrix franchise so I can't comment on him.

Last edited:
Hans Gruber doesn't need an origin because he's a normal human. But if somebody turns into sand or has four giant mechanical arms, that kind of requires an explanation.

I'm going to have to agree to disagree. For me, the most important aspect of a character is his motivation. Now granted, that motivation can be driven by an origin but I think you can achieve showing his motivations by the way he acts and the things he says. You have to flesh out 6 characters and origins will slow all of that down to a crawl.

Flushing the origins leaves more time for character interactions and character growth. Also flushing origins will save a ton of money. People keep complaining that S6 will cost a fortune to make, that will certainly be the case if you are unnecessarily throwing money at things that only bog the movie down.

Not funny and my spelling is not even close to being that bad.
What he said is the mind can still read what you type, if it can read the mess he typed in (messy order of letters in a word between the first and the last letters in the word) that post

I think you're falling into the same trap as Sony in that everything has to be explained. Where was Joker from in TDK? Did you care? It just wastes time, time that could be better served developing personalities and motivations.

Well, I already stated that The Joker is the one villain that is able to break free of the mold of needing an origin to be a successful villain on screen. And as Doctor Octopus has so kindly pointed out, this was a mystery of that character from the comics. I will say that execution of these ideas is a strong point of the success but in TDK, they absolutely nailed it. No question, imo.

However, when we are talking about villains like Ock, Vulture, Goblin, etc. the more popular rogues from Spidey's universe, they definitely need a back story. And imo the "trap" that Sony keeps falling into, is not developing the villains properly. They failed to present the humanity of Connors by leaving his family on the cutting room floor. He is a perfect example of a villain from SpideyLand that absolutely needs an origin--however basic it may be, the whole point of his character is one of sympathy. You lose this by not presenting the elements of his human side. This completes the character and leads to a better understanding of his motivations and that's how the Joker is so different. He doesn't need the origin because his origin does not give birth to his motivations, whereas characters like Connors, Otto, Norman O., are bound by that, imo.

They can present all the characters as established already. I care about where the characters are going not where they are from. If the movie opened with all of the villains sat around a table discussing their next move would you care that you never saw how they got to that point? I wouldn't.

Alright. So let's play with this idea.

What is their next move? Rob banks? Take over the world? And more importantly, why should I be interested in what they're doing?

What he said is the mind can still read what you type, if it can read the mess he typed in (messy order of letters in a word between the first and the last letters in the word) that post

oh ok

*You're

I couldn't resist. :oldrazz: :cwink:

Enough with spelling lol. So asm3 before the delay was going to be 2016 and was going to start fimling in October this year but now it is going to be 2018 and the sinister six movie in 2016. So does that mean the fiming for the sinister six moving is going to start in October and that we will get casting news pretty soon?

Enough with spelling lol. So asm3 before the delay was going to be 2016 and was going to start fimling in October this year but now it is going to be 2018 and the sinister six movie in 2016. So does that mean the fiming for the sinister six moving is going to start in October and that we will get casting news pretty soon?
Well, ASM3 was scheduled to be released in June, but S6 is in November, so they'll probably start sometime in 2015.

Well, ASM3 was scheduled to be released in June, but S6 is in November, so they'll probably start sometime in 2015.

Oh yeah that true so maybe filming of sinister six will start in like febuary or something and maybe will real get casting news in like December or something?

WB should buy the Spidey rights. They seem to have an actor in mind for Spidey...

Daniel_Radcliffe_Wanders_Around_Comic-Con-6a09234078e57ec8b909528025b29d41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"