Homecoming The No One Cares About This Franchise/Give the Rights Back to Marvel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to include Spider-man in Sinister Six, for this movie's success, he could be a guest star.

I hope that this movie has some character driven back stories for villains to build-up to TASM 3.

Maybe they are telling the origin stories of villains in this movie so that the next movie (Spider-man 3) can focus on "Spidey being outnumbered and outgunned"..it would serve as great build-up.

They are not trying to revive anything,they are just trying to ape Marvel,and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a sinister six movie would never work

Seen the future have you? Also, Sony may be aping Marvel with regards to expanding the universe (so are DC) but a movie with Super villains is completely new unless you can point me to one that has already been made and I'll rent it this weekend.

They have to include Spider-man in Sinister Six, for this movie's success, he could be a guest star.

I hope that this movie has some character driven back stories for villains to build-up to TASM 3.

Maybe telling the origin story of villains in this movie so that the next movie (Spider-man 3) can focus on "Spidey being outnumbered and outgunned"..it would serve as great build-up.

That's not what I want at all (more origins). I want a movie told from the villains point of view. I thought I didn't want to see that until I saw Magneto in the first 20 minutes of First Class, utterly gripping. Show us why villains do what they do They (S6) don't even have to be sympathetic, just show us the 'WHY'.

That's not what I want at all. I want a movie told from the villains point of view. I thought I didn't want to see that until I saw Magneto in the first 20 minutes of First Class, utterly gripping. Show us why villains do what they do They (S6) don't even have to be sympathetic, just show us the 'WHY'.

But Magneto is a compelling villain and well-acted by Fassbender.

None of the villains so far in the ASM movies comes anywhere close to that level. That's my main beef or concern or whatever about the S6 film. The villains have been the weakest part of these past two films and now they're going to make a movie that's centered on them??

I don't want the movie to fail but I have serious reservations as to how this movie will succeed.

That's not what I want at all. I want a movie told from the villains point of view. I thought I didn't want to see that until I saw Magneto in the first 20 minutes of First Class, utterly gripping. Show us why villains do what they do They (S6) don't even have to be sympathetic, just show us the 'WHY'.

What if villains become the main attraction of Spider-Man movies ? People lining up in front of theatres to see iconic villains take on Spidey.

But Magneto is a compelling villain and well-acted by Fassbender.

None of the villains so far in the ASM movies comes anywhere close to that level. That's my main beef or concern or whatever about the S6 film. The villains have been the weakest part of these past two films and now they're going to make a movie that's centered on them??

I don't want the movie to fail but I have serious reservations as to how this movie will succeed.

I can't remember who said it but they said, 'There are no bad characters, just bad writers'. The character will be as engaging (or dull) as he/she is written.

Hoooold up, please hold up. If you don't care about a movies quality, why spend 200+ million on it? If all you need for financial success is a movie title and some semblance of a film for 120 minutes on screen, why spend the big bucks on the film? Nobody wants these villians, and yet, regardless of quality, it is going to make a truckload of money because it is slightly similar to it? You're contradicting yourself, within 10 words. 10 words. Newsflash, the GA go see movies that are good, and involve things people want (need is too strong a word, people need water, people enjoy films)

Oh BRAB, don't kid yourself that a whopping big budget means you're trying to make a quality movie. Just look at the budgets Michael Bay's horrendous Transformers movies get for example, and they try and tell me they are all about making quality movies because they have budgets like that.

There's no contradiction. You just don't get that a big budget doesn't mean they're trying to make a good movie. Sorry but that's a fact.

Do you have this vision in your head of the Sony Execs running around naked in an office for two thirds of the production and then filming the actors improvising it in for the next third until we get some semblance of a film because quality doesn't matter? And spending 200+ million on it? I know you don't like the series, but to try to push this idea that they don't care about the quality, and are just pushing out a film that is bad, nobody cares about but will still be successful just seems so illogical, and so unlikely. I honestly think you're having me on or something.

You're only having yourself on if you think spending 200 million on a movie means they're trying to make the best quality movie they can. There's a saying that you have to spend money to make money.

And you'd still want the movie to be good correct? Regardless of whether they're copying the marvel model, they still don't want the film to be a livefeed of a whale birthing, they actually have to try. So this point doesn't really stand. Sony are actually competent, they're not children, they make things with the intention of actually selling things, sure, sometimes it ends up poor, but we still end up with a product that's to a standard where you can't sue them under consumer law.

No they don't give a toss if the movie's good as long as it makes money. One of the reasons they're changing strategy is because they had loss on awful the TASM 2, and they're trying to keep up with the competition who's kicking their ass financially.

If they cared about making a good movie they wouldn't be wasting time and money on a spin off nobody asked for or needs. They be focusing on doing a great TASM 3.

This is just money making competition. Quality doesn't come into the equation.

It's almost like I can copy my last response to this, in fact, how is this even adressing my point? I said the studio cared about making money and the films future, you responded by saying they're copying a concept that a.) made money and b.) was of a good quality... Huh? The writings on the wall, it's all about keeping up with the competition by disregarding quality and showing Toby maguire's greatest faces for an hour as a film. Craaazy stuff here. Let's copy a quality franchise by disregarding the quality of the films!

It's becoming abundantly clear you think Sony is run by a child or a horse.

After the quality of the last two Spider-Man movies, especially the latest one, it would be easy to believe Sony is being run by a child or a horse.

I don't know what you mean by the Tobey Maguire's faces remark, but it's probably an attempt to redirect the conversation into a Raimi one, which I am not going for.

But you're dead on in the copying another franchise and disregarding the quality. It's like all those slasher movies that came out after John Carpenter's classic Halloween in 1978. They all tried to duplicate the furniture of the movie; teenagers, sex, masked killer, without getting what made Halloween so special. Sony is doing the same thing. They're trying to duplicate the furniture of The Avengers by having a big budget, lots of super powered characters, action and sfx, without realizing what made Avengers special. It made the audiences care about their heroes by giving them all their own movies. Developing them as characters, getting them a fan base, and then putting them together in a movie.

Sony is so desperate they're taking six super villains, several of which were coldly received in the TASM movies, and another three that we have not even seen yet, throwing them into their own spin off,probably completely rewriting them into something they're not, just for the sake of having an ensemble movie like Marvel.

You know how I'd keep up with the competition? I'd revitalise the series. SONY ACTUALLY WANT THEIR FILM TO DO WELL AND OVER 25 YEARS OF FILM SHOW TO DO THAT YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO GIVE AT LEAST A SLIGHT AMOUNT ABOUT QUALITY ****

First of all no need for swearing. Second how you'd revitalize the franchise is irrelevant. This is nothing to do with what you or I would do. Third if Sony were showing they care about quality they wouldn't have used TASM 2 as a cluster mess of under developed sloppily written characters just so they could have a super villain spin off, which I repeat again there was zero demand for. They want it because they think it will make them Avengers like mega bucks.

If that's Sony caring about quality then I'm Mother Theresa.

Do you think it's in the realms of possibility that Sony interfered with the director because they had a vision of what was good for the franchise? (Be it right or wrong) Or are you saying that they delibretely messed with the director in order to make their film really poor? That seems like bad business. Multiple villians has worked before in the past (you're avatar has a picture from a movie it worked in) and the spinoff thing again, doesn't indicate sony want to burn their own franchise or something.

I think Sony deliberately messed with the movie to make it more financially rewarding, so they could set up their expansive universe and spin off movies. Which has nothing to do with quality. It's about money.

Main problem was the villians and a narrative that was unclosed, imagine if you had a film that could develop the villians and close that nasty S6 plot that would bog down the next spidey sequel? If only...

Or if they had been really smart they wouldn't have even gone the Sinister Six way and just done each Spider-Man movie as it comes, and used a villain or villains that are actually necessary and serve the theme and plot of each movie well, rather than being rail roaded in so they will ready for a spin off movie.

I replied in bold as I'm lazy as heck and can't format properly.

Also, Drew Goddard. Who hires him if it's just a cheap cashgrab? If it was, isn't it logical to spend as less money as possible? Isn't it more likely that sony actually want to make money, and have a film franchise? Isn't it likely that they're trying to one up marvel? What do all these things have as a common demoninator

Quality.

Hiring Drew Goddard does not mean they are looking for quality at all. He's like Marc Webb. He's a guy who's directed like what one movie? He's not a big name director. He'll be easy to control and manipulate and do the movie what ever way they want without any arguments.

We are judging their intention,since it is for the good of Spider-man
We just think the method they are applying in completely wrong.

To revive Spider-man they need to put their head down and write a good script for individual movies and let that speak for itself,and not sabotage the whole movie with needless polt points and villains just because they want sinister six down the line.They need to make good Spider-man movies and not get ahead of themselves with Venom and Sinister six and Black cat and God knows what else

I mean the whole advantage of Spidey being with Sony was his freedom and individuality,but with Sony going through with this half-assed attempt at a universe,why not have in in the actual MCU rather than a poor man's version of it

Exactly :up:

Last edited:
I can't remember who said it but they said, 'There are no bad characters, just bad writers'. The character will be as engaging (or dull) as he/she is written.

A fair statement. However given Sony's track record with the villains in both ASM movies I have little confidence in this project.

As an example, off the top of my head, you take two ego centric characters Doc and Goblin and throw them in a room together then the script writes itself as both characters want something. The drama is played out as they both try and achieve their goals. You'd imagine that Doc being of a super high intelligence would play it like chess and think several moves ahead while the cunning Goblin will play people off each other. You can EASILY make it engaging and compelling and you don't need a ton of effects either. Emotion and drama don't need spectacle to enhance it.

As an example, off the top of my head, you take two ego centric characters Doc and Goblin and throw them in a room together then the script writes itself as both characters want something. The drama is played out as they both try and achieve their goals. You'd imagine that Doc being of a super high intelligence would play it like chess and think several moves ahead while the cunning Goblin will play people off each other. You can EASILY make it engaging and compelling and you don't need a ton of effects either. Emotion and drama don't need spectacle to enhance it.

That's another issue--they haven't even presented Doc Ock yet. He'll get his origin in S6 along with 2 or 3 other villains. So...we'll have yet another movie with possibly 3 origin stories??

I've pm'd him before, english is his first language and I think he's an Aussie like me from memory...

I just cant spell it wouldn't surprised me if I was dyslexic or something and no I am not aussie I am America occasion.

That's another issue--they haven't even presented Doc Ock yet. He'll get his origin in S6 along with 2 or 3 other villains. So...we'll have yet another movie with possibly 3 origin stories??

They can present all the characters as established already. I care about where the characters are going not where they are from. If the movie opened with all of the villains sat around a table discussing their next move would you care that you never saw how they got to that point? I wouldn't.

Spider-Man formula = experiment gone bad - super-villain

They need to break from this. I hope I don't see a single 'origin' in S6

I just cant spell it wouldn't surprised me if I was dyslexic or something and no I am not aussie I am America occasion.

You just have to settle down (I know you are passionate) and think out your words/posts. Continually typing terribly will become your norm and not be a good thing later in life. Or...use spell check! We all make spelling errors.

They can present all the characters as established already. I care about where the characters are going not where they are from. If the movie opened with all of the villains sat around a table discussing their next move would you care that you never saw how they got to that point? I wouldn't.

A character like Otto or even Toomes is better serviced with an origin story, imo. The only villain that I think can escape that mold and be successful is one like Joker. But even Green Goblin, who is often compared to being the Joker of the Spidey-verse, is better fitted with an origin.

A character like Otto or even Toomes is better serviced with an origin story, imo. The only villain that I think can escape that mold and be successful is one like Joker. But even Green Goblin, who is often compared to being the Joker of the Spidey-verse, is better fitted with an origin.

I think you're falling into the same trap as Sony in that everything has to be explained. Where was Joker from in TDK? Did you care? It just wastes time, time that could be better served developing personalities and motivations.

You just have to settle down (I know you are passionate) and think out your words/posts. Continually typing terribly will become your norm and not be a good thing later in life. Or...use spell check! We all make spelling errors.

I need to get better at checking for typo's has my typo's make my spelling look even worse then it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"