• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Homecoming The No One Cares About This Franchise/Give the Rights Back to Marvel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you guys pick to play Spidey in an MCU version?

Andrew Garfield lol. I don't think any one can play the rule has great has he dose. I have been watching spider man the animated siears the last few days still a great cartoon and asm2 is like the 90's cartoon come to life epic even though I know most people don't agree with me and think it sucks.

HE LIED TO ME
HE SHOT AT ME
HE HATES-A ME
VIRGINITY

Yep, much better soundtrack.

HE LIED TO ME
HE SHOT AT ME
HE HATES-A ME
VIRGINITY

Sounded different and cool and that was just a small part of the over all soundtrack. The music was just about perfect in asm2. The gobin music and everything else just:woot:

I prefer Elfman's soundtrack.

Elfman's is really good and his man theme is way better then zimmers but other then the main theme asm2 I like the soundtrack more plus elfman did not do sm 3 soundtrack.

Sounded different and cool and that was just a small part of the over all soundtrack. The music was just about perfect in asm2. The gobin music and everything else just:woot:

it's really surprising how sucky the main theme is and how brilliant the rest of the ost is (mostly). I just adore the Goblin music, it gives off a such of a halloween'ish creepster vibe

I'm thinking that the theme ended up being so lame because he probably figured "well it's a continuation, gotta at least emulate the first one's theme". The rest of the stuff is a lot more free spirited

HE LIED TO ME
HE SHOT AT ME
HE HATES-A ME
VIRGINITY

:lmao:
I hear something similar to that sometimes

Disney cares, their logo is seen in Times Square during the first fight with 'Lectro

Who would you guys pick to play Spidey in an MCU version?

I don't think there is a perfect Peter Parker actor right now

he would need to be young enough to be convincing enough for high school, just the right amount of good looking while still passing off as a believable nerd (comicbooks can allow evolution via design updating, not the case in real life though), AND he would have to have serious acting range to please the fans.

Andrew Garfield has the range and acting chops, but he is not believable as a high schooler and many don't believe him as a geek, nerd or even merely an outcast. still, imo, he is as perfect as we could possibly get from all the actor choices available right now

Andrew Garfield has the range and acting chops, but he is not believable as a high schooler and many don't believe him as a geek, nerd or even merely an outcast. still, imo, he is as perfect as we could possibly get from all the actor choices available right now

I don't think physical appearance (if that's what you're getting at) should determine whether someone looks as if they're an outcast or not; TASM1 made it look as if Peter had a very small number of friends in high school (Gwen and Flash towards the end of the film). Peter's only friends are Harry and Gwen in TASM2, while we end up seeing Gwen meeting up with her own friends while Spidey's swinging above her (which is probably why Peter was so torn between deciding whether to give Harry his blood or not).

HE LIED TO ME
HE SHOT AT ME
HE HATES-A ME
VIRGINITY

:word:
I mean, it actually says 'Fragility' but that was hilarious

ASM2 way better soundtrack, action and a lot less messy story then sm3 its not even close and sm3 is more cheesy and I have never cared for the characters has much has I do in a CBM has I do in asm2.

Okay, action? No. Peter v. Harry (both parts), the fight in the subway with Sandman, and the final confrontation were a MILLION times better (and longer) than any action scene in TASM2. I wouldn't say the story is less messy either, it took everything at the buffet and then some. SM3 is more cheesy? Explain please.Outside of the dancing scenes, it took itself way more seriously than anything in ASM2. It's funny you say "I never cared for the characters as much as I do in TASM2" because outside of Peter/Gwen/May, I hated every single person in this film. As per the music, I dig the score to ASM2, but better than Young's? Lol no. Not by a long shot. This alone trumps anything done by Zimmer in TASM2

[YT]nHcxSrJK8F8[/YT]

HE LIED TO ME
HE SHOT AT ME
HE HATES-A ME
VIRGINITY

Don't forget the BWAAAHH WAH WAH WAH WAH WHUMP dubstep, or the itsy bitsy spider in dubstep..... :dry:

Last edited:
LOVE the dubstep. Actually bought the soundtrack 'because' of the dubstep rather than 'despite' the dubstep.

ASM2 way better soundtrack, action and a lot less messy story then sm3 its not even close and sm3 is more cheesy and I have never cared for the characters has much has I do in a CBM has I do in asm2.

IMO No

SM3 has a better soundtrack-The part where he is sitting on the church roof with the rain still gives me chills
Electro's theme was too funky and pathetic and the paranoia song sounded cool in trailers but it just got on my nerves in the movie

Action-I prefer SM3's.Both the Harry fights were great,the Sandman fights albiet short,were pretty good.The climax was better too

SM3 had better villains as well,although both have bad villains but TASM2's were worse

No matter what people say SM3 had a defined theme(unlike TASM2)-Forgiveness,it was about Peter forgiving Marko,Harry forgiving Peter,and MJ and Peter forgiving each other

And I care much more for the characters in SM3 than TASM2(apart from MJ),there is no scene in TASM2 that comes close to Harry's sacrifice and death in terms of emotional punch

'We are friends'
'Best friends'

Last edited:
IMO No

SM3 has a better soundtrack-The part where he is sitting on the church roof with the rain still gives me chills
Electro's theme was too funky and pathetic and the paranoia song sounded cool in trailers but it just got on my nerves in the movie

Action-I prefer SM3's.Both the Harry fights were great,the Sandman fights albiet short,were pretty good.The climax was better too

SM3 had better villains as well,although both have bad villains but TASM2's were worse

No matter what people say SM3 had a defined theme(unlike TASM2)-Forgiveness,it was about Peter forgiving Marko,Harry forgiving Peter,and MJ and Peter forgiving each other

And I care much more for the characters in SM3 than TASM2(apart from MJ),there is no scene in TASM2 that comes close to Harry's sacrifice and death in terms of emotional punch

'We are friends'
'Best friends'

Yeah that part where he is sitting on the church in the rain is great but the goblin music in asm2 and the finaly fight with eletro is by far the best music in a soundtrack in a spider man movie besides the main them in sm1-2 and give me chills. The music when peter finds the subway thing with the recording form his dad gives me chills to. ASM2 has one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard right up there with frozen, lion king and dark knight trligy! Other then the main theme and the music on the roof top nothing in sm1-3 and sandman do I say is great great music. ASM2 got spider man' characteristic more perfect.

SM3 had like twice has much action has asm2 but more dose not mean better. ASM2 has by far the second best action in a sm movie be hide only sm2 and it is not even close. The finaly electro fight is way better then the finaly fight in sm3. The subway fight with sandman compared to the goblin fight in asm2 the goblin fight is better. The are both kind of short but the goblin fight was more in tease because it had better music and it was faster pace. Now the first harry fight in sm3 is the best fight in sm3 but that fight has nothing on the goblin fight in asm2 or the fianly electro fight. ASM2 theme or plot was about peter and gwens love the only other thing really going on was peter trying to find out what happened to his parents. SM3 you had sandman's plot about his daughter, peter and Harry's stuff and mj was so stupid in the movie. SM3 had way more going on then asm2 did. I agree that harry sacrificing him self was very emotional but gwens death was even more emotional and the scence with peter and ant may in asm2 was very emotional to.

'We are friends'
'Best friends'

I don't think the theme of 'forgiveness' came across too well in SM3, not with Sony's interference with the film anyway.
Harry's sacrifice would have been better in SM3 if the acting had been better but I don't think Maguire really showed us what he could do when his best friend in the film had died; his reaction could have been a lot stronger. James Franco, however, did a great job.

Okay, action? No. Peter v. Harry (both parts), the fight in the subway with Sandman, and the final confrontation were a MILLION times better (and longer) than any action scene in TASM2. I wouldn't say the story is less messy either, it took everything at the buffet and then some. SM3 is more cheesy? Explain please.Outside of the dancing scenes, it took itself way more seriously than anything in ASM2. It's funny you say "I never cared for the characters as much as I do in TASM2" because outside of Peter/Gwen/May, I hated every single person in this film. As per the music, I dig the score to ASM2, but better than Young's? Lol no. Not by a long shot. This alone trumps anything done by Zimmer in TASM2

[YT]nHcxSrJK8F8[/YT]

Don't forget the BWAAAHH WAH WAH WAH WAH WHUMP dubstep, or the itsy bitsy spider in dubstep..... :dry:

The itsy bisty spider in dubstep was great don't know how any one could hate that and spider mans joke about it was so funny. The dancing was more chessy then any thing in asm2 and the cookies thing to. Zimmer trumps anything by young. The goblin theme, the last fight with electro theme, going to new England, where best friends all are way better then any thing by young. ASM2 soundtrack is a 10/10 and one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard where sm3 soundtrack is good by far form one of the best and like a 8/10.

Hey guys, remember when mods came hard for a while cause Raimi movies get discussed here, and the other way around? Renewing arguments and so?
Try to obey the law, and keep this discussion focused solely on Webb of Spider-Man

tumblr_mg2ph8H2mH1qkfwf2o1_500.gif

The itsy bisty spider in dubstep was great don't know how any one could hate that and spider mans joke about it was so funny.

"I hate that song." Oh that was v hilarious

The dancing was more chessy then any thing in asm2 and the cookies thing to.

giphy.gif

"It's my birthday....time to LIGHT MY CANDLESSS~~~"
"You see me! You see me!?"
Dr. Kafka
"I have my butler hold tha mirror peterrr"
"DAAA FUCHHHAAAA"

A few of many awful moments in the film.

Zimmer trumps anything by young. The goblin theme, the last fight with electro theme, going to new England, where best friends all are way better then any thing by young. ASM2 soundtrack is a 10/10 and one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard where sm3 soundtrack is good by far form one of the best and like a 8/10.

I love Zimmer, but no. Chris Young wrote lush new (and alot of unused) melodies, composed great new themes, and brought the world of Spider-Man in a wonderful light (while continuing themes written by Elfman). Zimmer did a pretty good job, but I don't think of Spider-Man when I listen to his music. Hell, he couldn't even be bothered to use the theme Horner wrote (and his score is by far the better one.) Then again, this is the least "Spider-Man" like Spidey film ever, so maybe he was just doing as he was told.

Now, I await your response.

428.gif

"I hate that song." Oh that was v hilarious

giphy.gif

"It's my birthday....time to LIGHT MY CANDLESSS~~~"
"You see me! You see me!?"
Dr. Kafka
"I have my butler hold tha mirror peterrr"
"DAAA FUCHHHAAAA"

A few of many awful moments in the film.

I love Zimmer, but no. Chris Young wrote lush new (and alot of unused) melodies, composed great new themes, and brought the world of Spider-Man in a wonderful light (while continuing themes written by Elfman). Zimmer did a pretty good job, but I don't think of Spider-Man when I listen to his music. Hell, he couldn't even be bothered to use the theme Horner wrote (and his score is by far the better one.) Then again, this is the least "Spider-Man" like Spidey film ever, so maybe he was just doing as he was told.

Now, I await your response.

428.gif

The "It's my birthday....time to LIGHT MY CANDLESSS~~~" was very chessy those other ones where not chessy at all what so ever.
The horner theme was just terable and so was the music in asm1. Asm1 has by far the worst soundtrack in a sm movie yet. Sm 1-3 had good music but asm2 music was better. What do you mean this movie was the least like spider man like spidy told? Spider man's charterisitc where perfect in the movie much better then not funny spider man form sm1-3. God names sparkles the moment with the kid early in the movie and the moment at the end. So many classic moments of spider man being spider man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"