All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where Anything relating to the DCEU is on topic, it's all fair game!

-fan casts
-director picks
- news of any DCEU movie
- etc

While all things are allowed for discussion my primary motivation for creating this thread was to make a place to discuss things that don't exactly fit in any one forum.

Want to talk about how BVS leads into JL?
Want to talk about Your thoughts on Superman's arc from MOS to JL?
Thoughts on the director lineup for the DCEU so far?
Want to talk about how WB is handling these properties?

And so on.

Have fun.

The "measuring *****" line reminds me of her introduction in the Ultimate Cut. For no reason she acts like an ass to Jimmy Olsen. It's like whoever wrote those lines wanted to give Lois an edge but inadvertently made her unlikable.

The "measuring *****" line reminds me of her introduction in the Ultimate Cut. For no reason she acts like an ass to Jimmy Olsen. It's like whoever wrote those lines wanted to give Lois an edge but inadvertently made her unlikable.

That line is the one of best examples yet of how unlikable this Lois is. Jimmy was just being friendly and introducing himself to a co-worker. They so want her to come across as tough, but don't know how to do so with any tact or subtlety. "Lets have her start with a line about measuring *****. And then we'll have a shot where we just linger on her chugging whiskey."

In general I feel like they have the right cast outside of Eisenberg. It's the creative teams that have left a lot to be desired. Especially with Superman.

I 100% agree with that. I think Eisenberg could be fine if given the right material.

It's frustrating because I believe they wasted a good cast. That's why I get more frustrated with the DCEU than I have with other franchises.

I'm very curious to see if they rewrite Jesse Lex's personality in JL going forward so that he has that more calm, subdued demeanor like from the comics.

The line is just awkward. I don't even think that her condemnation of the men she was referring to made sense in context.

And before anyone suggests otherwise, I love women. I have entire binders full of them. :o

And Amy Adams is for SURE being wasted. She's a brilliant actress who could play the character phenomenally if given the right material and a better director behind the camera.

And quick question: why didn't Matt Reeves do MOS again?

Last edited:
And Amy Adams is for SURE being wasted. She's a brilliant actress who could play the character phenomenally if given the right material and a better director behind the camera.

[YT]s7mQ1tWSNcg[/YT]

She actually admits that the character is too frequently in the service of plot. How to interpret that? That she could be more, she sees her as more. There’s more juice there. I’m sure he appreciates Lois Lane being her franchise character to play, if she has to play one, and that she sees the chance there to create something meaningful for that audience. But they should dig a little deeper to get to the goods. This character/actress combo is a goldmine, let it reflect that.

She's too good for Snyder's DC world. Anyone who's seen her last couple of movies can agree.

[YT]s7mQ1tWSNcg[/YT]

She actually admits that the character is too frequently in the service of plot. How to interpret that? That she could be more, she sees her as more. There’s more juice there. I’m sure he appreciates Lois Lane being her franchise character to play, if she has to play one, and that she sees the chance there to create something meaningful for that audience. But they should dig a little deeper to get to the goods. This character/actress combo is a goldmine, let it reflect that.

I said the same thing many months back and got scorched for it. Nice to see that the actress who actually plays the character echoes that sentiment.

That's why I never get into lengthy arguments, it's ultimately a waste of time.

[YT]s7mQ1tWSNcg[/YT]

I agree..They could very well do an movie surrounding Lois. Heck, maybe an ensemble cast, something like the 52 series. Bring in lesser known characters like Question (would be perfect for a mystery film).

I think DC should focus on those films, rather than making more Batman and Superman movies. Those guys have had enough time in the sun.

For no reason.

They've been doing that for a while now. It's a little irritating, but I don't mind this time.

So...does anyone think they'd ever be interested in a Cyborg movie? I don't think I would be.

They've been doing that for a while now. It's a little irritating, but I don't mind this time.

So...does anyone think they'd ever be interested in a Cyborg movie? I don't think I would be.

Not set in this universe.

The only way i'll be excited for Cyborg is when they announce a live action Teen Titans movie... that's not apart of this failed universe.

I agree..They could very well do an movie surrounding Lois. Heck, maybe an ensemble cast, something like the 52 series. Bring in lesser known characters like Question (would be perfect for a mystery film).

Personally I wouldn't go that far, I don't think Lois is good enough of a character to carry her own film, keep her as a supporting character but give her better story arcs.

They could have used Lois to locate Martian Manhunter that was captured by Cadmus/LexCorp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"