All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that either!

Zackary Levi cast as Shazam according to HR.

I remember when there was a false rumor Levi had auditioned for MOS back in the day.

Wow, didn’t see that coming. Levi is a good actor but no matter how much muscle he puts on, it’s going to be tough believing that he could take down the Rock, hahaha.

Ah, gotta love the feeling of casting news.

Interesting, Cavill on past DCEU movies

tqtzwq6av5vz.jpg

Even Cavill says it hasn’t worked. The defenders have very few arguments at this point. I’ll keep saying it, I’m a DC fan not a DCEU fan

The DCEU can improve.

Personally love what Cavill had to say and I'm glad him and Gal came out and have said things regarding the "DCEU" I might not have much hope for JL, but I am looking forward to Aquaman, Shazam and the Wonder Woman sequel.

So by my count.... Geoff Johns, Jon Berg, Diane Nelson, Gal Gadot, Jeremy Irons, and now Superman himself are openly admitting that this universe started off on the wrong foot. Anyone else I'm missing?

So by my count.... Geoff Johns, Jon Berg, Diane Nelson, Gal Gadot, Jeremy Irons, and now Superman himself are openly admitting that this universe started off on the wrong foot. Anyone else I'm missing?
FWIW, John Campea still regards Man of Steel as a masterpiece.

I don't know what's so hard to get about these admissions. Most are only "admitting" the obvious, which is the films were not unqualified successes.

Of the few who have cited legitimate issues with the storytelling, like Gal Gadot, her words aren't backed up by the films. There's nothing in WW that contradicts BvS, for example. There's nothing in BvS that definitively painted Diana as giving up or abandoning mankind; there's nothing in WW that definitively paints Diana as an active hero who stood together with mankind throughout the 20th century.

Other comments from Johns, Berg, and Nelson seem to focus more on tone than anything else, which is a stylistic choice rather than a storytelling problem. Cavill's comments are in this vein, as he praises his DCEU as not "pandering" to audiences. He admits telling superhero stories from a slightly different perspective was a risk that didn't pay off, so future films need to adjust, but he's very careful to say that this sort of mistake is a "right mistake" to make.

So, ultimately, I don't see how any of these new admissions are, well, new, bold, or controversial. These people admitting something that was transparently obvious based solely on critical reception, audience word of mouth, and disappointing box office receipts. They aren't divulging deep dark secrets or sharing shameful information heretofore undisclosed.

I don't know what's so hard to get about these admissions. Most are only "admitting" the obvious, which is the films were not unqualified successes.

Of the few who have cited legitimate issues with the storytelling, like Gal Gadot, her words aren't backed up by the films. There's nothing in WW that contradicts BvS, for example. There's nothing in BvS that definitively painted Diana as giving up or abandoning mankind; there's nothing in WW that definitively paints Diana as an active hero who stood together with mankind throughout the 20th century.

Other comments from Johns, Berg, and Nelson seem to focus more on tone than anything else, which is a stylistic choice rather than a storytelling problem.

So, ultimately, I don't see how any of these new admissions are, well, new. These people admitting something that was transparently obvious based solely on critical reception, audience word of mouth, and disappointing box office receipts. They aren't divulging deep dark secrets or sharing shameful information heretofore undisclosed.

I agree but there are some fans who are still unaware that anything has not quite gone to plan yet with the DCEU's inception, and words from people involved in the creative process might carry more weight for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"