All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of a detective Batman film written by Aaron Sorkin makes me hot.

Since the other thread ended I will post what I said there about big names like Sorkin getting involved in comics.

I don't know how he would fit in with Marvel. The MCU is pretty much set with past movies and they won't reboot and erase all that. We don't know what phase 4 has in store though, possible they bring Sorkin in and let him have a say.

I think him working with DC is likely. If JL bombs or is poorly received they may have to blow it up. Sorkin would have to be brought in to remake the Universe.

With comics I just don't know how many top award winning writers want to stay long term. Comic book movies are great but sometimes these top writers and directors want to do something one time and be done. They don't want to do long running franchises. See how long Cameron has been working on Avatar, that is crazy long.

I think they would be fine for one offs but don't see long term franchises.

Wow, Aaron Sorkin writing a Batman film? That sounds sexy.

Then again, I said the same thing about Chris Terrio...

Does Sorkin have anything great of his own? I mean, I'm only familiar with his adapted screenplays.

we got the WB cinemacon panel coming up in just under an hour, wonder what we'll get this year.

Does Sorkin have anything great of his own? I mean, I'm only familiar with his adapted screenplays.

Yes. Yes, he does.

Not the least of which is The West Wing, which he created and wrote for. He also wrote the play and screenplay of A Few Good Men.

The one comicbook that Sorkin should consider writing is Ex-Machina by Brian K Vaughn, it's made for him!

From cinemacon a bunch of exclusive footage/concept art of JL/Wonder Woman/Aquaman got show to the audience. No real big news though

Joblo said the concept art of Black Manta looks a lot like the comics.

My body is ready.

From cinemacon a bunch of exclusive footage/concept art of JL/Wonder Woman/Aquaman got show to the audience. No real big news though

Even io9 which usually rides DCEU deservingly so, said what was shown so far hits the right notes from what they saw.

I can only imagine if they turn this around. It'd be like your screwed up kid, finally bringing home good grades.

Obviously, in the end we'll have to wait 20 months for all 3 to properly judge. But honestly, I couldn't care less about Aquaman at present.

Seems as though Jordan Peele is wanted for the Akira movie at WB. Jeff Sneider speculates he could also be offered the Flash.

Peele already stated he's not interested in comic book movies, he wants to keep telling stories with sociopolitical themes. Considering that's precisely the reason Famuyiwa was booted off THE FLASH, Peele's not a good fit anyway.

Akira's an interesting one though. There are definitely heavy themes he could play with there.

I'm still confused as to why an Akira movie is even moderately necessary.

Last edited:
I just want a Flash director short list or something soon.

The only person fit to direct Flash for me is whoever tf directed Kingsman.

Peele would probably gravitate more towards Akira I'm sure. Much more room for creative liberty there, even with its die hard fan base.

But I'd love if he took on the challenge of trying to actually take the flash job without leaving over creative differences.

#Batgirl movie: @joss Whedon to direct standalone film (EXCLUSIVE) http://bit.ly/2nAmM4N

Batgirl is flying solo. The superheroine is getting her own standalone movie from filmmaker Joss Whedon.
Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce an untitled Batgirl pic for Warner Bros. as part of its DC Extended Universe.
No other producers are currently attached. Toby Emmerich, president and chief content officer of Warner Bros. Pictures Group is overseeing with Jon Berg and Geoff Johns. The new project originated in the past month.
Batgirl is one of the most popular superheroines in the world, but has never gotten her own movie. The project will also feature other characters from the world of Gotham.
Batgirl first appeared in DC Comics in 1967 as Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon in “The Million Dollar Debut of Batgirl!” by writer Gardner Fox and artist Carmine Infantino.
The Batgirl project will be the second movie from DC Films to star a female lead after Gal Gadot’s “Wonder Woman,” which opens June 2. Extensive footage was shown Wednesday at CinemaCon.

Whedon would be making a big move from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to its DC counterpart, having written and directed “The Avengers” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron” for Disney-Marvel. He also created the television series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Angel,” “Firefly,” “Dollhouse,” and “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
Warner Bros.’ DC Extended Universe launched with 2013’s “Man of Steel,” followed by last year’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Suicide Squad.” Its upcoming films, which have already been dated, include “Wonder Woman,”; “Justice League,” debuting Nov. 17; and “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa and hitting theaters in December of 2018.
The studio is also developing a “Suicide Squad” sequel and “Gotham City Sirens,” a spinoff to “Suicide Squad” with Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn character; “The Batman,” starring Ben Affleck with Matt Reeves directing; a “Shazam” film and a Black Adam spinoff starring Dwayne Johnson; and projects based on the Flash and Cyborg characters.

Curses, Fallen, you beat me to it by a few clicks and seconds.

Hahahaha.

Keep announcing all these movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back