Inhumans "...AND FINALLY: BLACK BOLT" - Inhumans' final episode (Use Spoiler tags)

It's finally over, even at only 8 eps, that was a hard slog. But at least they mostly wrapped up the major arc, leaving only minor ones loose. Not happy about Gorgon or Eldac though. And that speech admitting they were bad rulers but hey trust them because they can't trust Maximus??? Lockjaw remains the only good thing about the series.

Last edited:
The acting of this was just so... Unintentionally funny. The episode could have been a lot more thrilling given the circumstances in Attilan.

I was hoping that this show would FINALLY give me a reason to root for the supposed heroes...but it even botched that.

Basically the stance of the royal family is that they WILL take back the throne and reinstall their tyranny...and in doing so, they would destroy the city, since Maximus' death would result in the destruction of the city...and they LIED by claiming that Maximus was the one threatening to destroy the city. Had they just backed off and accepted that they were no longer the rulers of Attilan, then the city would have been fine. And they had the nerve to pretend that they were being selfless and Maximus was the one being selfish. It doesn't get more selfish than "we will reinstall the tyranny that no one wants...and will destroy the city in the process."

Keep in mind...Maximus always intended to take the people to Earth as free people who would live as equals...and it was the royal family who opposed the idea...funny how they adopted his idea in order to get power back.

A failure on pretty much every level (acting, writing, overall story concept), this show was a disgrace to the Marvel brand and I no longer blame Feige for keeping the movies far away from the nonsense.

But Maximus DID threaten the city with his doomsday weapon in order to keep his power. He did not hold the city ransom publicly, but he was threatening to let everyone die if the royal family took over. They did not lie about that.

You do know that them appearing in a TV show only give their possible percentage of appearing in a film much lower. Unlike if they didn't make a TV appearance at all.
Less than zero is zero.
I was hoping that this show would FINALLY give me a reason to root for the supposed heroes...but it even botched that.

Basically the stance of the royal family is that they WILL take back the throne and reinstall their tyranny...and in doing so, they would destroy the city, since Maximus' death would result in the destruction of the city...and they LIED by claiming that Maximus was the one threatening to destroy the city. Had they just backed off and accepted that they were no longer the rulers of Attilan, then the city would have been fine. And they had the nerve to pretend that they were being selfless and Maximus was the one being selfish. It doesn't get more selfish than "we will reinstall the tyranny that no one wants...and will destroy the city in the process."

Keep in mind...Maximus always intended to take the people to Earth as free people who would live as equals...and it was the royal family who opposed the idea...funny how they adopted his idea in order to get power back.

A failure on pretty much every level (acting, writing, overall story concept), this show was a disgrace to the Marvel brand and I no longer blame Feige for keeping the movies far away from the nonsense.

While I agree the show did very little to get us to root for the royal family they did show that Maximus had more the ample opportunity to restore the barrier but opted not to in order to put pressure on the family to surrender not knowing that there was a point of no return with the system failure. He even clearly puts his own goal of becoming inhuman above the safety of his citizens. One of the huge problems is no one tells the citizens this, I thought the whole scene between Medusa and Maximus was going to reveal she was secretly recording it but no. The whole thing is that Maximus was using the public guise of freedom to become and even greater, self serving tyrant. But the royal family never proves this dispute multiple opportunities.

So many missed opportunities.

It would have been so much better if it was revealed that Black Bolt was secretly searching for an area on Earth to colonize so that they may end the caste system without leading to the break down of their city. And the show ends with them at that area as oppose to some random billioniare that we never learn of, and as far as we knew the royal family never check their background or intent.

But Maximus DID threaten the city with his doomsday weapon in order to keep his power. He did not hold the city ransom publicly, but he was threatening to let everyone die if the royal family took over. They did not lie about that.

He overthrew tyrants in order to free his people...then the tyrants returned to take over the city again. Yes...he had a fail safe. He temporarily tied the future of the city to his own life...believing that there was NO WAY the royal family would be so hungry for their own power that they would destroy the city just to reclaim the throne. He was wrong. They immediately just made plans to establish a new kingdom on earth...because they HAD to destroy their current city in order to regain power. Attilan would have been fine if they had just accepted that Maximus was king...and the show gave us ZERO reason to think that they were better rulers than Maximus was for their people.

He overthrew tyrants in order to free his people...then the tyrants returned to take over the city again. Yes...he had a fail safe. He temporarily tied the future of the city to his own life...believing that there was NO WAY the royal family would be so hungry for their own power that they would destroy the city just to reclaim the throne. He was wrong. They immediately just made plans to establish a new kingdom on earth...because they HAD to destroy their current city in order to regain power. Attilan would have been fine if they had just accepted that Maximus was king...and the show gave us ZERO reason to think that they were better rulers than Maximus was for their people.

Maximus was not overthrowing them for any real reason other than he wanted powers and felt slighted. Everything about the social injustice he was spouting was a red herring to gain support. Note when he said he would let each and every last person die rather than give up.his power. Maximus was petty and blinded by his own tortured past, therefore not fit to rule.

Maximus was not overthrowing them for any real reason other than he wanted powers and felt slighted. Everything about the social injustice he was spouting was a red herring to gain support. Note when he said he would let each and every last person die rather than give up.his power. Maximus was petty and blinded by his own tortured past, therefore not fit to rule.

He said that as a throwaway line at the end of the last episode...when it was becoming clear that he had lost. BUT it goes against everything he said and did in the almost 8 episodes leading up to it. You know...because they probably realized that they had a problem and figured that one sentence tacked onto the last episode might fool some people. I can chalk that up as a moment of anger and frustration.

Yes...he wanted to be king because of his own issues...but he CLEARLY ALSO wanted to end the caste system and bring his people to Earth so they could thrive (something the royal family opposed...until it suited THEIR interests, then they destroyed Attilan to make it happen).

The citizens of Attilan can't catch a break. Its either they are ruled by tyrants (The Royal family) or the crazed Maximus. The election system should be introduced there.

Lol, so what was even the point of bringing back Gorgon? He killed Declan, broke Karnak out of the Quiet Room, and that was it. Both those things could've been accomplished in different ways.

BTW, was the Quiet Room the place where Mortis was being held? How awful. What is it with superhero TV shows and their need for the heroes to lock up their enemies in these bleak, windowless cells? It's creepy.

No, the Quiet Room is where Black Bolt meditates so he doesn't accidentally let out a sound and kill everyone.

He said that as a throwaway line at the end of the last episode...when it was becoming clear that he had lost. BUT it goes against everything he said and did in the almost 8 episodes leading up to it. You know...because they probably realized that they had a problem and figured that one sentence tacked onto the last episode might fool some people. I can chalk that up as a moment of anger and frustration.

Yes...he wanted to be king because of his own issues...but he CLEARLY ALSO wanted to end the caste system and bring his people to Earth so they could thrive (something the royal family opposed...until it suited THEIR interests, then they destroyed Attilan to make it happen).
It was not an isolated moment. He kept pointing out how EVERYONE slighted him every 5 seconds, all the way down the things happening when he was still practically in diapers. Remember when he said that the genetic council guy betrayed them when they were young? Ya know, like 20 years ago? Maximus was always like that. He just knew how to spin words.

He kept pointing it out because it was TRUE. He was the VICTIM.

BUT...Maximus was also well aware that it wasn't JUST him. He identified with those who were tossed aside into the mines because they weren't deemed useful. He ABSOLUTELY planned to become an Inhuman to fulfill his own desires and solidify his place as king...and then lead his people out of the caste system and down to Earth to thrive. He wasn't lying about that plan.

Maximus would have said or done anything to maintain his power. You are arguing like he had these altruistic intentions, which he did not. Yes, he ends the caste system then immediately starts using them as pawns to capture Black Bolt. Maximus had no care for the people of Attilan, he just in the end cared for himself, and his actions and own words prove this. I will agree the royal family may have not been sympathetic in the beginning, but clearly they were not unhinged and irresponsible like Maximus. They would not kill EVERYONE for their own selfish benefit.

The reason why Maximus wanted to kill the royal family is because they were going to return to Attilan and overthrow him and once again enslave the people of Attilan, no matter the cost. And that's exactly what they did.

Yes, Maximus is unbalanced...yes...he had his own desires and wanted to ensure his reign by killing the tyrannical royal family...but its just not correct to claim that he did not have plans to free his people and lead them to earth to prosper once he was able to ensure that the royal threat was over. Crazy or not...you dont lead your people to another planet while the former rulers are plotting to return and take back their thrones.

The reason why Maximus wanted to kill the royal family is because they were going to return to Attilan and overthrow him and once again enslave the people of Attilan, no matter the cost. And that's exactly what they did.

Yes, Maximus is unbalanced...yes...he had his own desires and wanted to ensure his reign by killing the tyrannical royal family...but its just not correct to claim that he did not have plans to free his people and lead them to earth to prosper once he was able to ensure that the royal threat was over. Crazy or not...you dont lead your people to another planet while the former rulers are plotting to return and take back their thrones.

So killing everyone on your planet is okay because you are personally threatened? That is total BS. Also, Maximus was planning on killing them long before the coup actually happened, and even was behind Triton's so called death at the time, which was to help justify his plan.

I am not saying what Maximus was selling was all wrong. He had good points. But, Maximus was not ruli g to better Attilan. He was doing it to better himself. This cannot be argued. Some of what he wanted was good for erveyone, yes. But again, he did all of what he did at its core to get and maintain his own power.

His plan was to kill the royal family and their supporters. Yes...this was because he wanted to be king...but as they clearly spelled out in the first episode, the royal family were tyrants who enslaved the people in a caste system...and despite dwindling resources that were impacting the lives of those on the lower tiers of the caste, the royal family refused to relocate to Earth. Then...you know...when it suited them, the royal family just swiped his plans for their own ends...but made darn sure that THEY were back in power first...even if that meant destroying Attilan.

I agree...in the final episode...when Maximus was basically defeated...he became completely self interested. I believe that this was done specifically because the writers knew that they had not properly created heroes and villains and lazily threw in a sentence or two to make him seem more like a clear cut villain (knowing that some fans would accept this as good writing). I took it as a desperate person who had lost and was continuing to lose grasping at straws of self interest. You took it differently. Thats the thing about art...everyone can have their own view on it. My view is that this show did a terrible job of setting up their world and characters.

I think we just see this show differently. I see a man who is sleazy and was playing off what people wanted to hear in order to rise up and fulfill some Napoleonic complex, and I think that was evident much earlier in the show.

And I see him as BOTH...but you can not move forward on step 2 and 3 of your plan while step 1 is still on shaky ground. You MUST dispose of the royal family and firm up the new regime first. I don't see him as a good guy any more than I see Loki as a good guy...but unlike Loki...his opposition are villains...so he became the hero in the story for me (whereas in Thor, there is no real sign that Thor deserves Loki's betrayal). Had this show bothered to develop the royal family as heroic people before Maximus launched into his plan etc then we'd be on different footing here.

Simply cannot agree with you. Maximus was always the villain

Maximus' plan was to get rid of the caste system (good) by getting rid of the royal family (good). Then with the people behind him, return to Earth as conquerors (BAD). Just because he has message of equality didn't mean he actually thought the people of Attilan were his equals. Or he wouldn't have so easily condemned them to death.

Did he specifically say that they would go to Earth and wage war...or that they would go there and thrive...and wage war and win against humanity if they had to?

Either way...he was far more of a complicated character than what some give him credit for.

And again...I ALWAYS spit on those last minute "oh crap...people might like the villain...lets write for him to do something truly evil right before the final battle" technique. The Walking Dead tried it with Shane. It's just bad writing...and heck...I actually think it's better to have a villain that people can sympathize with. The problem is that we should still see the heroes as being the worthy winners...and in this case, the royal family deserved to be overthrown and permanently defeated.

Did he specifically say that they would go to Earth and wage war...or that they would go there and thrive...and wage war and win against humanity if they had to?

Yeah, in the final episode, he said they would return to Earth as a conquering army.

Anyway, it became clear for a couple episodes that he didn't care about abolishing the caste system, he cared about being King and, secondarily, about getting powers.

Yeah, in the final episode, he said they would return to Earth as a conquering army.

Anyway, it became clear for a couple episodes that he didn't care about abolishing the caste system, he cared about being King and, secondarily, about getting powers.

I think that was clear from episode 1 honestly. Was not tacked on at the end. Was perfectly in line with his character and actions

The Royal Family treated their people terribly. Physical Inhumans were forced to work themselves to death in the mines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"