Inhumans "DIVIDE AND CONQUER" - Inhumans' third episode (Use Spoiler tags)

Timberius would probably have made more sense for that, given that he's one of the main followers of Maximus.

Timberius, Stallior, Leonus, etc. would have cost money. :(

Even Falcona would have required them to hire a bird handler.

Instead we get nameless-human-twentysomething-looking-Inhuman #4132.

I fell asleep watching this episode.

There is a good show in here somewhere, it's just bogged down by weird writing, pacing, casting and lack of budget.

I think they didn't spend enough time with the Royal family in Attilan. The show suffers from not really understanding the "good guys" POV. Maximus' way literally looks like the best way because there has been so much time on it. I don't find any reason to root for the Black Bolt and crew other than he's trying to kill them. That's not enough.

Had the show spent 4 episodes delving into the details of why the Royals being in charge is good as well, then Maximus' coup would play better. Too much time is spent on Earth, but I know Hollywood always thinks time needs to be spent here cause "the regular person won't connect" to people living on the moon.

There is a good show in here somewhere, it's just bogged down by weird writing, pacing, casting and lack of budget.

This sums up the whole series for me. There are some really great elements here that just aren't being utilized.

"Lifeless" is the best adjective I can find. There are really interesting things happening, but the viewer doesn't care because the people making the show didn't seem to care.

It's as if someone gave a copy of Moby Dick to a 10 year old and had him rewrite it.

"There's this guy named Ishmael, and he meets this guy named Queequeg who has tattoos and stuff. They both get on a boat called the Pequod. The captain is named Ahab and he doesn't like a white whale named Moby Dick.

So they go out on the ship and they're looking for whales but Ahab is more interested in Moby Dick..."

That's how I feel watching Inhumans. It's like everybody is just sleep-walking through their parts. There's no emotion or passion or anything to draw the viewer in and make them care about a war that has implications for the entire human race.

Black-Bolt as a character has so much potential. The brother-vs-brother conflict has so much potential. Medusa's intense love for Black-Bolt has so much potential. Gorgon, Karnak, Triton, Crystal, Lockjaw - those are amazing characters with incredible potential. But it's all just lying there limply in the hands of people who don't seem to have a clue how to bring the story to life.:csad:

This sums up the whole series for me. There are some really great elements here that just aren't being utilized.

"Lifeless" is the best adjective I can find. There are really interesting things happening, but the viewer doesn't care because the people making the show didn't seem to care.

It's as if someone gave a copy of Moby Dick to a 10 year old and had him rewrite it.

"There's this guy named Ishmael, and he meets this guy named Queequeg who has tattoos and stuff. They both get on a boat called the Pequod. The captain is named Ahab and he doesn't like a white whale named Moby Dick.

So they go out on the ship and they're looking for whales but Ahab is more interested in Moby Dick..."

That's how I feel watching Inhumans. It's like everybody is just sleep-walking through their parts. There's no emotion or passion or anything to draw the viewer in and make them care about a war that has implications for the entire human race.

Black-Bolt as a character has so much potential. The brother-vs-brother conflict has so much potential. Medusa's intense love for Black-Bolt has so much potential. Gorgon, Karnak, Triton, Crystal, Lockjaw - those are amazing characters with incredible potential. But it's all just lying there limply in the hands of people who don't seem to have a clue how to bring the story to life.:csad:

Let Josh Trank do the second season instead of Scott Buck. :o

Maximus had cool looking mini ions in the comics.

I'm enjoying the show, but I came into it with next to 0 back information on the Inhumans, as I never read their comics. Those of you that aren't enjoying it may just be because you're not coming in fresh, and are trying to reconcile it to the source.

Not really, the show itself isn't written well. This could be Inhumans in name only and still be good, if the writing and quality are good.

The show is just OK. Not good but not as bad as people are making it out to be. The thing about Marvel TV is that they tend to get better. Look at AoS. The first season or two sucked BADLY. It wasn't until they started to listen to the fans and critics that it finally got better. I think the best thing that could have happened to Inhumans right now is the bad WoM. Season 2*snicker*should be better.

IMO, instead of using their creative forces for another season or another TV show, they should focus on making smaller films instead of these cheap looking shows. Like I'd take over a good film trilogy of Daredevil that I can binge watch in a day over 3 Netflix seasons with 13 episodes each that I won't likely rewatch. And they can't really do Inhumans justice under a TV budget.

And its not like any of Marvel shows have been huge. Aos only premiered big but quickly lost its viewers and continuously became one of Tuesday's lower rated shows in the ratings. Agent Carter was canceled without a proper ending. Most of Netflix Marvel shows are only in people's radar 1 to 2 weeks after its release. But they aren't as talked about as stranger Things and Orange is the New Black. And now we have the Inhumans which IMO could have been Marvel's Game of Thrones in Tv if they didn't rush it and didnt do it under a TV budget. While I don't see Cloak & Dagger / Runaways being cable hits.

Last edited:
The show is just OK. Not good but not as bad as people are making it out to be. The thing about Marvel TV is that they tend to get better. Look at AoS. The first season or two sucked BADLY. It wasn't until they started to listen to the fans and critics that it finally got better. I think the best thing that could have happened to Inhumans right now is the bad WoM. Season 2*snicker*should be better.

Honestly, I like this better than AOS. While it's disappointing that Inhumans is so weak, it does at least interest me enough to continue watching. With AOS, I watch out of some sense of obligation, but I've never really liked it much (even recent episodes which are improving some).

I think that if Inhumans had been made more like AOS - as a simple, inexpensive, 'nothing spectacular here' TV show without the hype, IMAX, claims of a big-budget etc., I think it would have been much better accepted and might have had a chance to grow into something better.

If I'm not mistaken, I thought I heard Inhumans had already been cancelled, right? That, in itself, makes me less interested because if this is all we're getting, there doesn't seem much point.

Doing some research and it looks like there was some wording on promotional material that had people speculating that there wouldn't be a second season, but ABC strongly denies that. Does that sound right?

If we're going to get a second season, I can hold out hope that the show will improve this season into next (realistically, it's very hard to get a read on anything after only 3 episodes, and we could all be surprised since I think most of the reviews were based on the first few episodes).

I'm enjoying the show, but I came into it with next to 0 back information on the Inhumans, as I never read their comics. Those of you that aren't enjoying it may just be because you're not coming in fresh, and are trying to reconcile it to the source.
Not in my case. While I was never a huge fan InHumans to begin with and I knew this show wouldn't be great going in I was still expecting it to be mildly entertaining and even with my bar set so low(and boy was it low) I couldn't enjoy it.

And it's not because of it's deviation from the source, in fact they're very close to the source for an adaptation. Black Bolt is still stern and strong, Medusa is loyal and proud, and Crystal... actually she does have a personality here so that's an exception. It's the talent or lack thereof. The line reads are terrible, the editing and cinematography are amateur, the motivations are bare minimum, and the whole story is rushed with so many side plots we're left not caring about any of them. The minimum requirement of talent is almost none existent. The problem with the series isn't the plot or characters, but how that story is told. From a writing, directing, and acting standpoint everything is subpar.

There is the potential here for a good show, but it's been passed by in the rush to create it. If you like it good on you, I'm not a guy who wants to hate stuff I want to like it but I just can't.

Doing some research and it looks like there was some wording on promotional material that had people speculating that there wouldn't be a second season, but ABC strongly denies that. Does that sound right?

If we're going to get a second season, I can hold out hope that the show will improve this season into next (realistically, it's very hard to get a read on anything after only 3 episodes, and we could all be surprised since I think most of the reviews were based on the first few episodes).

I wouldn't put too much stock into that, while I don't think it'll get renewed I doubt marketing would okay promoting that it's already been canceled. I think Inhumans had always been described as a "limited series". I believe they said "complete" so that people would be aware that the rest of the show is on tv and that it's a series not a one off Imax movie.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that, while I don't think it'll get renewed I doubt marketing would okay promoting that it's already been canceled. I think Inhumans had always been described as a "limited series". I believe they said "complete" so that people would be aware that the rest of the show is on tv and that it's a series not a one off Imax movie.

Yeah, I think I just read the headline and thought, "Well, I guess that's it.".

It still seems unlikely it will be renewed but at least now there is a possibility that it could finish strong, gain some fans and continue on to something that could make better use of the potential.

At least there's the illusion of hope - like being a Cleveland Brown's fan before the first game of the season. :funny:

As much as I'd love to see the Inhuman C-Team (Stellior, Nubulo, Aerio, etc.), they haven't exactly had much traction in years. My hope is they come back in the comics first.

This episode had much better pacing and action. I think that alone helped because it was less reliant on dialogue so less exposition (still a bit at the end when that Inhuman guy said why he was helping, but it was a nice character moment that wasn't overly forced). I'm kind of amused at the idea of a car following a helicopter next episode.

If they'd just use the kind of makeup that the Gifted uses on random extras and maybe use one or two fewer actors they could've easily had Timberius instead of Flora. He might not be that relevant right now, but it's better than random OC nobodies.

I wouldn't even have minded if they gave Falcona different powers if it meant she could take Auran's role and we could get the real Auran sometime.

I thought this episode was decent enough. However, my initial curiosity is pretty much spent, and I don't think there's enough quality or enough of a hook to keep me watching. I don't read Inhumans comics and don't have the sort of loyalty that might come with that, and I don't really care about finding out whether Medusa will catch up with Black Bolt, or whether Lockjaw will recover from being hit by a four wheeler (ha ha), or whether Crystal will end up in a romance with four wheeler guy. Maybe if I really needed to kill some time, I might stick with it, but eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"