Inhumans "...AND FINALLY: BLACK BOLT" - Inhumans' final episode (Use Spoiler tags)

Reaction score
The final showdown occurs between Black Bolt and Maximus, and it takes an unexpected turn, resulting in lasting consequences for all of Inhumanity.

Network: ABC
Air Date: Nov 10, 2017
Directed By: Billy Gierhart
Written By: Rick Cleveland, Scott Reynolds

At this point I believe a second season is highly unlikely.
I guess they will relocate somewhere hidden on Earth, I hope there's no real cliffhanger.
Or maybe in Hawaii? That would be a global event in the MCU, not the best choice on Marvel Television part IMO.

that's what I meant. Aos had/have Inhumans.

As for preview, it does look exciting. Save the best for last?

It is far from great. And the mockingbird, Ghost Rider, Deathlok of that show won't appear in future MCU movies most likely because of this show. None of the MCU films have acknowledged Phil is still alive. So IMO just ignore the show.

It is far from great. And the mockingbird, Ghost Rider, Deathlok of that show won't appear in future MCU movies most likely because of this show. None of the MCU films have acknowledged Phil is still alive. So IMO just ignore the show.

that thinking probably would have killed aos a few years ago but it made a corner for itself and has its own stripes now.

Like it is still one of the lowest rated show during Tuesdays. Even if it last for 5 more seasons, it is under the shadow of the films.

It's not the case that AoS is preventing them from showing up in the films. They are on AoS because the films don't want them. For every character they have to ask Marvel Studios if they have any future plans for them. If they don't then Marvel TV is allowed to use them. I know one example was that for Daredevil they originally want Christine Palmer for the night nurse but Marvel Studios already planned for her to be in Doctor Strange so they went with Claire Temple. Same thing with this show, Marvel Studios did not want to make an Inhumans movie, so Marvel Television was allowed/ordered to. It's not of question of will they be on TV or Movies, but rather will they be on TV or nothing at all?

Also Coulson has been running an off the book, black ops, covert organization. No reason for anyone should know he's alive let alone mention it in a movie whose story has nothing to do with it. Also they don't mention he's dead either, they don't mention him at all because it does figure into any plot or conversation dead or alive.

The films don't want them, that's enough reason to ignore the show IMO.

And if they don't have a plan for the characters to appear in the film in the next 5 years, that could still change in the future as nothing is truly set.

The films don't want them, that's enough reason to ignore the show IMO.

And if they don't have a plan for the characters to appear in the film in the next 5 years, that could still change in the future as nothing is truly set.

I think their plans are 10 years now, they only announce release dates for 5 years. Also, the chances that Quake, Mockingbird, Absorbing man, and Deathlok ever appearing in a film was pretty much slim to none. And with Ghost Rider Marvel can still used Johnny Blaze, Danny Kletch, or and number other riders with complete freedom.

If you don't like the show that's fine, but the reasoning of they're somehow "taking way characters" is flawed.

You do know that them appearing in a TV show only give their possible percentage of appearing in a film much lower. Unlike if they didn't make a TV appearance at all.

They will not retcon either AoS or Inhumans. Remember, ABC wanted to cancel Inhumans and DISNEY said no. Disney will not let them retcon it

They will not retcon either AoS or Inhumans. Remember, ABC wanted to cancel Inhumans and DISNEY said no. Disney will not let them retcon it

Why would anyone at Disney care about keeping the Inhumans within the MCU continuity? It was a tremendous failure and best forgotten. There's no need to keep, for example, a great character like Lockjaw on ice for continuity purposes. I'm hoping Feige will sprinkle the royal family into the movieverse and we can put Buck's Buck Up behind us.

Why would anyone at Disney care about keeping the Inhumans within the MCU continuity? It was a tremendous failure and best forgotten. There's no need to keep, for example, a great character like Lockjaw on ice for continuity purposes. I'm hoping Feige will sprinkle the royal family into the movieverse and we can put Buck's Buck Up behind us.

Inhumans won't get a retcon because Feige and co will not want to touch it. Why make MCU movie with characters that they did not care to make a movie of before (cancelling it outright) and who now are tied to the most poorly received series they made? It makes no business sense. More likely, the Inhumans will just not be mentiones again, unless they shot a crossover with AoS we don't know about already. Sure, fans may want redemption for them, but Feige will not risk their track record to redeem this.

Inhumans won't get a retcon because Feige and co will not want to touch it. Why make MCU movie with characters that they did not care to make a movie of before (cancelling it outright) and who now are tied to the most poorly received series they made? It makes no business sense. More likely, the Inhumans will just not be mentiones again, unless they shot a crossover with AoS we don't know about already. Sure, fans may want redemption for them, but Feige will not risk their track record to redeem this.

Well, I would agree we ain't getting Inhumans: The Movie and I doubt the royal family will be re-assembling any time soon. But I could definitely see Lockjaw getting a movie makeover especially if we see Ms. Marvel on the big screen. Let the big doggie pave the way for his family's return from a much deserved live action exile after an appropriate period of mourning.

Based on the previews, I am betting the royal city is going to be destroyed courtesy of Maximus's doomsday timer, and they will have to relocate to Earth. Perhaps they will relocate with the assistance of SHIELD, warning SHIELD of aliens, which will give us the space station or whatever that Coulson and his team are on. (SWORD)

GODDAMN

I wanted Maximus to finally gain superhuman powers but no they teased it and it never went anywhere

Glad it's over. It really struggled as a week to week show, but I think I might have enjoyed it more if it had been an 8 episode series that I could have binged on Netflix or Hulu or whatever.

The Attilan is a people not a place thing would have worked a whole lot better, if I hadn't just seen the same thing 5 days ago in Thor: Ragnarok.

GODDAMN

I wanted Maximus to finally gain superhuman powers but no they teased it and it never went anywhere

While I didn't want Maximus to get want he wanted overall, I certainly wanted that. That being said, it's not impossible for the future provided there is a future in some format (guest appearances, etc.).

I thought this was a strong episode overall. It obviously followed quite a few weak episodes, but I wouldn't call this comparatively good, I'd actually say this episode was good. I thought the action, pacing, writing, and acting were all good.

It set up some interesting things, presumably with the Kree or some other alien threat. Even if they don't get a new season, I would love to see the story continued in an arc of Agents of SHIELD if possible.

Balsy move to have your only 2 deceny episodes after a bunch of nonsensical filler and garbage, lol

Bring on a Crystal and Lockjaw spinoff series.:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"