• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Inhumans "MAKE WAY FOR... MEDUSA" - Inhumans' fourth episode (Use Spoiler tags)

Reaction score
“Make Way for … Medusa” – The search for Black Bolt continues on Earth; meanwhile, Maximus makes bold moves to cement his status as the new ruler of Attilan, on an all-new episode of “Marvel’s Inhumans,” airing on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

Director: David Straiton
Writer: Wendy West

So what do you think, is Desmond a good guy or badguy?

did that gun shoot laser or something at the police car?

did that gun shoot laser or something at the police car?

I assume it was Auran's gun?

ETA: The explanation of Black Bolt's powers here are very similar to those in the comics.

ETA2: I guess that answers my question earlier.

I assume it was Auran's gun?

ETA: The explanation of Black Bolt's powers here are very similar to those in the comics.

ETA2: I guess that answers my question earlier.

They are still down playing his abilities.

Still, "a whisper in your sleep could kill your wife" captures his curse.

My point is his voice comes from harnessing electrons to power himself. This says he absorbs energy through his neural pathways (or something like that) into his voice.

ETA: And considering that we've only seen him use his powers when young and as barely an exhale, I don't think we have a good sense of the extent of his powers.

Last edited:
How did she know I'm a princess? *snorts*

It's worth a chuckle. I don't think Isabelle Cornish necessarily pulls it off, though.

One complaint, with all the main characters on Earth, it doesn't really give Maximus enough to play off of. It'd be fun if there was actually some battle of wills on the moon.

Really don't like Medusa, she's too much with the attitude

That scene was quite cool at showing Maximus's sociopathic tendencies.

ETA: Clever Black Bolt.

I have to see it on Hulu tomorrow.

Overall feelings folks, Yay or Nay?

Overall feelings folks, Yay or Nay?
I'd say somewhere in between yay and nay. Good development for Medusa, not feeling the filleresque storylines for Karnak, Gorgon and Crystal with Crystal's the lamest of all. For two people who are part of the royal family via marriage, Medusa and Crystal act like they're born into it. Maximus has quite the sticky fingers. So closer to yay than nay, I guess.

I'll watch until the last episode anyway, but it's getting really uneven, especially Gorgon's story.

Ken Leung could have hit the gym just a bit, no?

IMO the weakest episode so far, and the term "filleresque" describes it perfectly.

I'm beginning to regret having defended the show on other threads.

So the island of Oahu/Hawaii, as the MCU portrays it, is one where it's easy for strangers to:

1. Find surfers willing to fight and die for you after only a few hours of talking with them.

2. Where you can get captured by an extremely attractive woman who is willing to make out and do all sorts of things with you.

3. Where prisoners are ready to stand by your side if you can prove to them that you don't like the police.

Huh; so how do I get to this version of Hawaii since the one that I'm living on has NO RESEMBLANCE to the one portrayed on this show in any way whatsoever.:o

I'm skipping the next few episodes. A bald headed Medusa & Blackbolt that seems useless. Who thought this was as interesting as AOS?

So the island of Oahu/Hawaii, as the MCU portrays it, is one where it's easy for strangers to:

1. Find surfers willing to fight and die for you after only a few hours of talking with them.

2. Where you can get captured by an extremely attractive woman who is willing to make out and do all sorts of things with you.

3. Where prisoners are ready to stand by your side if you can prove to them that you don't like the police.

Huh; so how do I get to this version of Hawaii since the one that I'm living on has NO RESEMBLANCE to the one portrayed on this show in any way whatsoever.:o

Ha ! :up:

Best episode so far! Its actually good though still not great.

I don't like the Karnak sub story though with the chick and the jealous friend.

For me, this was a step down from last week's episode. A pity, since I'd hoped that the streak of each episode improving on the last would continue.

I can't get over what a bad idea it was to split everyone up in the first episode. It would be like if Ned Stark had been killed in GOT's pilot and the Stark kids sent on their merry ways before we even got a grasp on the family dynamics.

That whole scene with the vet was so awkward. Unless the vet turns out to be important later on it just felt like a waste of time.

I still can't figure out what they're doing with Mortis. OOH we're supposed to be terrified of him, OTOH he seems to be a form of whiny comic relief.

Anson Mount's permafrown is starting to get on my nerves. Can he please make a different expression?

On the plus side, I did like Louise. She's a spaz, but a fun one.

I am trying to create an accurate Marvel Cinematic Universe power Tier list, and thought the best way to get standings would be to get a general consensus, and the best way to do this is to create vs. matches, allow the hype forum a week to debate and vote and then use these results to place them on the tier list. I know this process will take a while, but it seems to me like it would make it the most accurate possible and be a lot of fun to be involved with. So, if you want to vote on the first battle or get into a debate on why you think a specific character should win leave a comment and who knows you might influnce others. Please keep in mind though these are the MCU versions and not their comic book versions I am asking you to vote for. Also, please don't select a character to win just because you might like them more if you feel they would lose.

Sorry to interrupt the this thread, but just want to spread the word so I get a good amount of people participating hopefully. Link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535035

Surfer

I'm only watching because I've seen everything from the MCU and I don't want to break the streak. But man it's a chore to get through this show. It's just baffling the decisions that they make with this show.

The trade off is you get police offers and prison guards who are both brutal and idiotic.

Honestly, I feel like this would be better binging. At least then, if it's not your cup of tea, you can get it over in a day.

Well we are already half way done. Its just more or less than 245 minutes of footage left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"