Inhumans "SOMETHING INHUMAN THIS WAY COMES" - Inhumans' 5th episode (Use Spoiler tags)

Reaction score
On the run from Auran’s forces, Black Bolt and Medusa reluctantly work with Louise to help locate the rest of their family. Back on Attilan, Maximus’ actions change the game completely, on an all-new episode of “Marvel’s Inhumans,” airing FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

I see why Maximus is called the small screen version of Loki. Darn near the spitting image of him the way he's written.

I was kinda bored watching this. Lockjaw looks really good though for TV.

Lol at how few posts there are in this thread. Viewers must be dropping like flies.

I really liked Gorgon and Karnak's relationship in this episode. We needed more time with the family together before they were split up. I also laughed at how quick Jen peaced out once she realized Karnak was an inhuman from the moon. I'm sure the writers didn't intend for it to come off the way it did.

Anson Mount continues to bug the hell out of me with his ridiculous facial expression. Can Black Bolt not smile?

Have to agree, Karnak and Gorgon together are the best. More of this would be good. Less of Crystal and boyfriend would be even better. So far, the only reason to care about Crystal is because of Lockjaw. Are they really this tight in the comics? Karnak came across a little needy, probably why his girlfriend ditched him asap. I liked Black Bolt and Medusa's interactions, it was the right amount. Less bubbly Louise was also good. I just hope 2 eps is enough to wrap up this storyline because I'm pretty sure they're not getting renewed.

What was the idea of cutting away when Crystal was probably going to go skinny dipping?

And did the Inhumans just let Karnak's girlfriend to fend for herself while still bleeding out? They should at least have taken care of her or got her to safety.

I was bored by most of the interactions between the Inhumans and the various humans they met in Hawaii. The human/Inhuman interactions and conversations weren't very interesting and just seemed to stall the story. I liked the interactions we got between Gorgon and Karnak. Their conversations were done better and they deserve more attention.

I take it that the Inhuman called Mordis is supposed to be partly based on the Inhuman called Carthus in the comics, since both of them have glowing eyes and both are colored black.

I was away all weekend, so I didn't get a chance to watch it until now. I liked this episode.

The Karnak plot wasn't the strongest in the past, but it was nice to see his powers returning. I also liked the idea of Karnak learning to be more like Gorgon and Gorgon learning to be more like Karnak.

I also liked that they are addressing some of the issues with the royal family and whether or not Maximus is noble. I wish all the noteworthy Inhumans weren't on Earth, though, because the plot of the resistance to Maximus could be interesting but likely will feel to small. The problem is the show feels both too slow and too rushed with cool elements not amounting to enough. Tybor (or whatever the Genetic Council guy's name is) and the resistance are nice little moments.

The only plot that didn't work is Crystal's. There were some nice touches. Since Crystal is the most innocent and ignorant of the world, she can be the most frank. She can flat out say that the big issue is Inhumans fear humans, which is the reason they're on the moon. But, as disappointing as Crystal's acting has been, Dave is much, much worse. He's probably my least favorite character.

BTW, what happened with echolocation girl getting shot? I somehow missed that.

I am surprised that there aren't more Inhumans from the comics as guest characters. I really don't think this is a labor of love to the property but another quick cash in from Marvel TV, riding the popularity of Marvel films.

I go back and forth. On the one hand, Auran is completely botched. On the other hand, I've noticed some nice Easter Eggs, including the episode titles.

As for why they don't use more, I think part of it is to not use everything at once. There's a strong argument they don't have another chance, but you never know. Particularly since the Inhuman villains left are relatively minor. Leaving aside the Unspoken (who wouldn't be appropriate this season), who are we talking about? The Crimson Cadre?

Episode titles mean nothing especially they don't affect the quality of the series. And there are dozens of Inhumans that could appear in this, not just for villain roles. I just don't get in a cartoon series, you would have a villain of the week or a guest star of the week or two. And that is the fun part of the cartoons especially if the series is good. But the live action series of Marvel? You would need to finish 3 seasons of a show to see adapt them a handful of villains. Anyway, I just think these TV shows are way too limited.

Last edited:
Edit.

Last edited:
Like the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, I am a fan of the Inhumans to be able to withstand the show and not get bored. Though there are a lot of red flags in the show for me to complain about.

Oops, sorry. I didn't realize I was in the wrong thread. I'll go back and edit it for anyone else who's just catching up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"