• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man! - Part 1

This sums up nicely why I love Spiderman

I don't really agree with it. Spider-man's no Jesus. He's flawed. Superman is a christ figure because he's elevated to a moral plane that humans can't achieve. Spider-man makes mistakes. He can be selfish. He often goes against his own power/responsibility mantra. He's arrogant. And he's constantly learning and trying to be better. And he is exceptional in a number of ways. His resolve and intellect being very exceptional, although still flawed. Hell, it's not even his looks that make him unpopular pre-Spidey. It's his confidence. Once he's confident he gets all the ladies AND becomes rather popular. He's flawed. He's human. He's not above the rest of us. He struggles with his flaws and though he can't always overcome them, he usually tries. And that, to me, is what makes him so relatable and inspiring.

I don't really agree with it. Spider-man's no Jesus. He's flawed. Superman is a christ figure because he's elevated to a moral plane that humans can't achieve. Spider-man makes mistakes. He can be selfish. He often goes against his own power/responsibility mantra. He's arrogant. And he's constantly learning and trying to be better. And he is exceptional in a number of ways. His resolve and intellect being very exceptional, although still flawed. Hell, it's not even his looks that make him unpopular pre-Spidey. It's his confidence. Once he's confident he gets all the ladies AND becomes rather popular. He's flawed. He's human. He's not above the rest of us. He struggles with his flaws and though he can't always overcome them, he usually tries. And that, to me, is what makes him so relatable and inspiring.

:up: Yeah when I think of Peter Parker I don't really think "unpopular". Only in the VERY early Ditko/Lee era. He always seemed decently well-received by his peers. At the very worst he went unnoticed by all but his close friends.

Raimi really played up the "everybody hates Peter" dynamic (not that I have any problem with that within the context of those films)

I feel like I am Spider-Man sometimes.

The confidence jump from pre-spidey to spidey is what got me from an awkard high schooler, to a ladies man who has no fear to act like himself and embrace that fact.

This is why I love Spider-Man. He's like a friend in a sense, he's literally been in my entire life, and I loved him every step of the way.

It's like a inspiration thing, like how people have celebs or athletes they look up to. I look at the wall-crawler for a good sense on how to be a great person.

I thank thy Stan Lee.

I feel like I am Spider-Man sometimes.

The confidence jump from pre-spidey to spidey is what got me from an awkard high schooler, to a ladies man who has no fear to act like himself and embrace that fact.

This is why I love Spider-Man. He's like a friend in a sense, he's literally been in my entire life, and I loved him every step of the way.

It's like a inspiration thing, like how people have celebs or athletes they look up to. I look at the wall-crawler for a good sense on how to be a great person.

I thank thy Stan Lee.

This x1000.

Andrew is such an awesome dude. He's so humble and generous. Love it.

This guy.

I'm 22 and even now I'm losing some energy I had when I was younger. Playing with kids now, I wouldn't know how to do. This guy seem like he's a natural at doing it.

As someone in his 30s with a kid of my own, yeah they sure do tire you out but they in turn make you feel like a kid again. Watching them encounter certain things for the first time and seeing their faces light up and the reactions. It's such a positive, energizing feeling that overcomes.

Andrew is such an awesome dude. He's so humble and generous. Love it.

As someone in his 30s with a kid of my own, yeah they sure do tire you out but they in turn make you feel like a kid again. Watching them encounter certain things for the first time and seeing their faces light up and the reactions. It's such a positive, energizing feeling that overcomes.
You know what, I have experienced that. Good for you man. :yay:

guess we can expect at least one spider-man sketch on snl then

tumblr_n3yb401H3v1rdzuduo1_500.png

andrew is great with comedy, though, can't wait to see what they'll come up with

He was great on the Graham Norton show the other night. His first love story was hilarious

guess we can expect at least one spider-man sketch on snl then

tumblr_n3yb401H3v1rdzuduo1_500.png

andrew is great with comedy, though, can't wait to see what they'll come up with

Hope it'll be better than the last time he went on SNL.

That was kinda weird. :dry:

andrew garfield deserves alot more credit for the role then he is given

It's easily on the same level as RDJ in Iron Man, incredible performance, and yet underrated.

Yea his performance is underated. Easily one of the best casting decisions in quite sometime. He is my Peter/Spiderman. One moment i found hilarious was when he enters the oxford building with glen. He's all zoned in to his conversation with Gwen that he doesn't know where he is. Pete just looks around like a lost puppy thinking " wher... where the hell am i" his heads movements made me lool

Yea his performance is underated. Easily one of the best casting decisions in quite sometime. He is my Peter/Spiderman. One moment i found hilarious was when he enters the oxford building with glen. He's all zoned in to his conversation with Gwen that he doesn't know where he is. Pete just looks around like a lost puppy thinking " wher... where the hell am i" his heads movements made me lool

That was one of the funniest scenes in the movie I thought. "My fair lady" :lmao:

There's so much subtlety to so many of his scenes. It's pretty remarkable. And definitely underrated like you said

Just in TASM alone, his body language, facial expressions, his expressiveness, the emotion. It's not complicated, he's not acting, and that's the one thing obviously when you're acting is to stop acting and be, much easier to say than to do yeah.

Just in TASM alone, his body language, facial expressions, his expressiveness, the emotion. It's not complicated, he's not acting, and that's the one thing obviously when you're acting is to stop acting and be, much easier to say than to do yeah.

Agreed, its one of the best things about Andrews portrayal. Such a physical actor.

As primarily a DC fan, just saw TASM 2 and have to weigh in.

I thought TASM 2 was waaayyy better than TASM and SM 3,
and a big chunk of that has to go down to the key performances
of Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield.

Some of the dialogue in TASM 2 was pretty awful, but Garfield and Stone
had such chemistry that they pulled it off (kind of like Harrsion Ford and Carrie Fisher in Star Wars).

I hated Garfield in TASM, but wow, he has really hit his stride as both Peter Parker and Spider Man in TASM 2 - I'll go far enough to say that he was a
better PP/SM than Chris Evans was Captain America. It's like he actually worked out what Peter is all about, and the subtle ways in which Peter and Spider Man come across differently. And even when he's down and out he doesn't come across as mopey (like Kristen Stewart in those awful Twilight films). All in all, he really got the character and it carried the film.

I haven't really cared about Peter's problems, onscreen, since Spider Man 2,
but Garfield really makes him a sympathetic character - I'm starting to see why a lot of people prefer him to Tobey Maguire. I'm really looking forward to seeing Garfield in Spider-Man's next big screen appearance.

And of course, I loved the use of the old Spider-Man theme, as I remember that old cartoon from my childhood.

So in summary, good movie, but great performance from Garfield.

I liked the
a-ok-sign-431.jpg
Spidey gave after stopping the bus. :funny:

Andrew Garfield was perfect in this film. He really nailed the character IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"