AQUAMAN in Justice League Discussion Thread

yea for any aquaman in jla or a solo film since there is so many versions of the character it all really counts on what why they are taking the character. Some actors are best suited for this look while others are better suited for another.

-sigh-... fancasting...

Who the heck cares who plays Aquaman if the entire world, including many comics fans, percieve him as a joke with no useful abilities?

It's up to Hollywood to make them care.

It's not like there isn't material they can build on to make him interesting.

Ironically it was Hollywood who turned him into a joke in the first place. They do have what it takes to reverse the damage. JLU offered them a first step in that direction.

All they need to do is show an impressive Aquaman using his various abilities in live action. In this day and age the technology should be there.

How is his costume the bulk of a discussion when no amount of costume can make him look either cool or relevant standing next to Superman.

If they can make Superman work in live action they can make Aquaman.

I say give Aquaman a small part, really a multi-scene cameo with character development. Let him reject joining the group at first. Too proud, too busy with his ocean, then during a crucial part of the film, say an overwater chase, suddenly, Aquaman surges from the sea, grabs the fleeing guy while he's turned to verify Superman is chasing him, Orin rips him a new one and disappears under the sea. Superman demands the body and Aquaman denies him. There, now he has a personality, and he's useful. Not a bad start, eh?

I'd like to see that.

-sigh-... fancasting...

Who the heck cares who plays Aquaman if the entire world, including many comics fans, percieve him as a joke with no useful abilities? How is his costume the bulk of a discussion when no amount of costume can make him look either cool or relevant standing next to Superman.

I say give Aquaman a small part, really a multi-scene cameo with character development. Let him reject joining the group at first. Too proud, too busy with his ocean, then during a crucial part of the film, say an overwater chase, suddenly, Aquaman surges from the sea, grabs the fleeing guy while he's turned to verify Superman is chasing him, Orin rips him a new one and disappears under the sea. Superman demands the body and Aquaman denies him. There, now he has a personality, and he's useful. Not a bad start, eh?

Humanity are more interested doing research in Space than the Deep sea and there is probably a lot of secrets in the deep sea. I think we have the same problem with Aquaman. It s an interesting character but simply underastimated.

Altough I have to admit that between Namor and Aquaman, I think Namor is better suited for the big screen than Aquaman.

Namor's a pansy. I wanna see Aquaman whup his arse. :woot:

I loved his portrayal in the JL cartoon. I never really cared about him before that, but he ended up becoming one of my favourite characters.

Yeh, Version 1: Aqautic Hand
Daniel Lapaine would kick ass

Maybe Daniel Craig for Aquaman...
daniel_craig_shirtless_2.jpg

I like classic and water hand the most. I always hated the long hair beard version.

Why is Aquaman being able to control every animal in the sea with his mind seen as a stupid power? Being able to make sharks kill people is pretty cool.

Aquaman was awesome in Justice. The king of the ocean should be a bad ass.

I'm was at first for the original Aquaman with the short hair but then I think its more natural to have long hair and a bread. I mean when you think about it you don't shave your hair and beard under water :woot:.I change my mind and Viggo mortensen would be a good pick for a King Arthur.

Maybe Daniel Craig for Aquaman...
daniel_craig_shirtless_2.jpg

I like classic and water hand the most. I always hated the long hair beard version.

Why is Aquaman being able to control every animal in the sea with his mind seen as a stupid power? Being able to make sharks kill people is pretty cool.

Aquaman was awesome in Justice. The king of the ocean should be a bad ass.

pretty good choice i must say. i don't mind the beard because it gives him a more epic feel. but it's not necessary. i also like the choice of viggo M.

i like aquaman, and i think every set of "gods" should have a god of the sea, so aquaman is required. the reason why the powers are seen as pointless is because it is only effective if the villian is at sea. when the JLA is fighting Darkseid and golbal invasion, how will the shark attacks help?

it's unfortunate he gets flak for it, but i think he is a necessary member of the JLA, to cover air, land, and sea.

i like aquaman, and i think every set of "gods" should have a god of the sea, so aquaman is required. the reason why the powers are seen as pointless is because it is only effective if the villian is at sea. when the JLA is fighting Darkseid and golbal invasion, how will the shark attacks help?

it's unfortunate he gets flak for it, but i think he is a necessary member of the JLA, to cover air, land, and sea.

He will just have to rely on his super strength, speed, excellent hearing and eye sight among other things in those situations. People seem to think "talking to fish" is his only power.

He will just have to rely on his super strength, speed, excellent hearing and eye sight among other things in those situations. People seem to think "talking to fish" is his only power.

i know that. tha'ts why i don't think he is pointless...:huh:

i was explaining how the power that you used as an example is pointless in the larger scope of things. doesn't mean i think he as a character is pointless.

Aquaman over the years has been presented as a less-than-super superhero, however he is still very powerful and noble character.

I do feel that his abilities need to be upgraded so that he is more of a threat when fighting on land. His powers when under the sea (which extend beyond 'talking to fish') are superior to any other character.

Here is what I would do for the King of the Seven Seas...
= He should have the ability to control water and not just sealife. No matter where on land he is, he should be able to tap into the Earth and create devastating water attacks (al a water/drainage pipes beneath the city streets or fire hydrants) such as tidal waves, etc.

= The human body is also made up of a certain precentage of water. He should be able to drain the water out of anyone, thus leaving them weak and vulnerable. Depending on how much he drains, he could render his foe unconscious.

= Additionally, anyone swimming in water should be under his control. At the point they are submerged in water, they essentially become sealife.

Nonetheless, upgrade or not, there is nothing truly wrong with a superhero if they are able to do this....
l_8148e32e5faef23af5a0c2b441192e26.jpg

After all, 3/4 of this world is his kingdom...swim carefully!!

After all, 3/4 of this world is his kingdom...swim carefully!!

This movie could be a lesson to the man kind: underwater is an underestimated world with maybe a lot of secrets to be discovered. Right now We rather like to look for a drop of 'piss' in the red planet for billions of dollars when you can simply look for new species underwater.but anyways thats an other debate.:whatever:

I wonder if Aquaman will be getting a solo film to lead up to his eventual spot in a Justice League movie.

Daniel Craig for Aquaman!
l_4b0363bad3eb165c931f81934426f7e3.jpg

Neal McDonough could really pull off playing Aquaman. Not just in appearance but also having a cold demeanor and possessing an otherworldly quality.

nmpc2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"