Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning For The Legend of Conan

Bring back Subotai!!!

Conan will not cry...I cry for him!

So many posts in here are hilariously face palmable.........

Arnold is TOO OLD to play the character.....yep, the 65 year old man is too old to play a 65 year old character. I guess that since the Hollywood norm is to get 30 year olds to play teens, that a 60 some year old character should be played by a 90 year old actor.

Arnold is TOO OUT OF SHAPE to play the character.....yep, the world's most decorated award winning poster boy for physical fitness and body building probably couldn't be bothered to actually train and work out for the role of an aging ex fighter.

Arnold will look terrible in a loincloth....yep, because the Howard stories about the 60 some year old KING Conan had him only walking around in a loincloth or bare ass naked. There is no need to wear clothes when you are older...or the KING...or in cold climate......

Arnold wearing a wig will look ridiculous....yep, because there is no way possible that Arnold may grow his hair out or actually have some makeup/wardrobe people that don't shop for wigs at the Wal-Mart Halloween aisle working on the movie.

Agreed with you on everything 100%!

I never said he was too old to play the character. I said he was too old... TO LIVE!

[YT]y8Kyi0WNg40[/YT]
:o

I never said he was too old to play the character. I said he was too old... TO LIVE!

[YT]y8Kyi0WNg40[/YT]
:o

dY5iN.gif

Last edited:

I know you might've considered my previous comments face-palmable, but honestly, Ah-nold isn't the draw he used to be. And let's face it, this sequel is two decades late. If film history is right, most movies with that kind of gap usually don't live up to the hype.

Rambo, Rocky Balboa, Gran Torino. As long as this film is moderately budgeted it can make a hell of a profit.

So is this going to be a new trend for a failed reboot? Going back to the original actor to reprise the role 25 years later? Yikes.

It's well and truly better than the alternative of no Conan movies at all.

I have a feeling they are going to wait to see how some of arnold's already filmed comeback films perform before this goes into actual production.

Based on the performance of the last conan film the conan name doesn't exactly resonate with audiences like it did a few decades ago. So this film is going to be riding on arnold 100%.

Arnold is TOO OLD to play the character.....yep, the 65 year old man is too old to play a 65 year old character. I guess that since the Hollywood norm is to get 30 year olds to play teens, that a 60 some year old character should be played by a 90 year old actor.

Arnold is TOO OUT OF SHAPE to play the character.....yep, the world's most decorated award winning poster boy for physical fitness and body building probably couldn't be bothered to actually train and work out for the role of an aging ex fighter.

Arnold will look terrible in a loincloth....yep, because the Howard stories about the 60 some year old KING Conan had him only walking around in a loincloth or bare ass naked. There is no need to wear clothes when you are older...or the KING...or in cold climate......

Arnold wearing a wig will look ridiculous....yep, because there is no way possible that Arnold may grow his hair out or actually have some makeup/wardrobe people that don't shop for wigs at the Wal-Mart Halloween aisle working on the movie.

lol true.

Since Arnold started his film career with Conan it would be appropriate to end it with Conan.

OrsonWellesClap.gif

I know you might've considered my previous comments face-palmable, but honestly, Ah-nold isn't the draw he used to be. And let's face it, this sequel is two decades late. If film history is right, most movies with that kind of gap usually don't live up to the hype.

Sylvester Stallone completely proved this wrong. Emphatically. So did Scorsese for that matter with The Color of Money.

So is this going to be a new trend for a failed reboot? Going back to the original actor to reprise the role 25 years later? Yikes.

Hell yeah! As someone who can't stand the concept of a reboot, I completely love this as an un-reboot. I've wanted King Conan since I was a kid, I thought that crappy reboot put an end to that.

Sylvester Stallone completely proved this wrong. Emphatically. So did Scorsese for that matter with The Color of Money.

Those are the exceptions, not the rule. I don't have faith in this project, regardless how you guys spin it.

Eh, if it keeps him away from whatever is left of the Terminator franchise, you won't hear another peep out of me.

****, he could make ten of these for all I care. :o

Arnold still looks awesome and can most definitely play the role in question.

jotZj.jpg

Meh the last 2 Conan movies bombed and so will this one.

Conan the Destroyer did not bomb, it actually performed pretty well at the box office.

It was a critical failure due to the Conan fans not liking the campiness of the sequel. Ironically, I really liked it and this is coming from an anti-Roger Moore fan!

Meh the last 2 Conan movies bombed and so will this one.
As usual.....you show up with your usual trollish post and your usual not knowing what in the hell you are talking about.
It still sucked :o
That is your OPINION about your personal feelings on the enjoyment of a film....not a factual statement on the monetary success or failure of the film.

I down for more Conan. Not enough lamentation of the women in movies these days :oldrazz:

As straight-up 80's shlock, I liked Conan the Destroyer for what it was. It's obviously been 'Live Free or Die Harded/Thunderdomed/Moinrakered' to target a bigger audience.

So is this going to be a new trend for a failed reboot?

If you cannot be a draw, you get the boot from the studio. Brandon Routh will tell you that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"