Badass Doctor Doom moments

Jordacar

The Endless One
Reaction score
This seemed too big for the Stupid Question thread. I talk tough about how awesome Dr. Doom is as a villain, until I realized that I have trouble remembering specific moments from the comics. If any of y'all can, please describe the scene and the issue in which it occurs. Thx. :doom:

Here's a couple.

Doubt Doom's power?

DoomBeyonder.jpg

Doubt Doom's will?

EmperorDoom-GraphicNovelp18.jpg

More to come later.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

You mean like the time he sent Red. Ben, and Johnny back in time to steal a treasure from pirates? Or the time he covered the FF building with an asbestosis net?
Only kidding.

You mean like the time he sent Red. Ben, and Johnny back in time to steal a treasure from pirates? Or the time he covered the FF building with an asbestosis net?
Only kidding.

Or his losses to Squirrel Girl and Dazzler...

Frankie, show 'em the pic of Doom killing that lion with his bare hands and in the nude on Counter-Earth. :hehe:

I wonder has anyone ever tried to harm her since then? Also I didn't know Doom named her that. Isn't that his mother's name?

His true love's name. The gypsy girl he grew up with. Which leads to another Doom Badass moment. FF Unthinkable. I'll post a pic of that later with spoiler tags.

As for Corp's request...

DoomAgility05Doom1.jpg

Mwahahaha, and then he goes all survivalist and eats the meat and wears the skin. I love that scene. That was a damned good mini-series in general. All the Doom stuff that came after is really the main reason I can never hate Heroes Reborn too much.

Dr. Doom's the best comic villain.

Screw Magneto, screw Lex Luthor, screw Green Goblin & screw Joker. Doom FTW.

I agree.

Here's another one for Corp. More recently.

DoomVSThor.jpg

And here's one for Vartha. Thor *****n' out and Doom flat out callin' him yella.

ThorRunsfromDoom.jpg

:D

Haha, Doom and Thor's few moments together are always fun. Remember when the heroes were coming back from the Heroes Reborn Earth, Doom shows up, and he and Thor get chucked out of the ship and left behind? That was my favorite part of Heroes Reborn: The Return and I hadn't even really gotten into Thor at the time. :up:

I always liked when VVD :doom: used the old "diplomatic immunity" to get Superman himself off his back.

I don't see Doom running from anyone. Dude has to much pride. It's another one of those "when Superman faces anyone Marvel, every character bows down to him" kind of thing.

Even Magneto knows Doom's a badass.

DoomRespect01SVTU14.jpg

And don't be a minion and bring up Magneto.

doomhasnorival1.jpg

doomhasnorival2.jpg

Well it's best to just not be a minion.

DoomKnowledge01WorldsGreatest4.jpg

Even Magneto knows Doom's a badass.

DoomRespect01SVTU14.jpg

And don't be a minion and bring up Magneto.

doomhasnorival1.jpg

doomhasnorival2.jpg

Well it's best to just not be a minion.

DoomKnowledge01WorldsGreatest4.jpg

I've always wanted to see Magneto work more with Dr. Doom. Now that would be an interesting alliance if you ask me.

Ah, Kristoff Vernard. Young adopted heir to Latveria. Used to actually believe he WAS Dr. Doom, thanks to some Doombot mental programming. Wore his own armor and crushed on Cassie Lang. One would think with Marvel's newfound love of teenage characters, he would write himself. Instead, outside of MC2, he's been in limbo for about 10-11 years.

But, yes, Dr. Doom is awesome. Which is why some of his more recent stories from Bendis and Millar have been so irritating.

As for Magneto, I think in the end he would know that he could never trust Doom entirely. It isn't that Doom is still technically human; it is that he rarely genuinely compromises with anyone. Anything he does has a means to an end. Even Loki is aware Doom is a mortal he can't jerk around with TOO much.

Doom is the best villain ever. But he is the most Comic Book Villain as well. He is so larger than life and over the top.

That's why Marvel has a problem with writing him now that "realistic stories" is what they're trying to do. I don't see him really workin on film either. Maybe if it's a full on fantasy.

He is pretty cool again in Doomwar though.

Doctor Doom's easy to do in realistic stories. Just focus on his political power. Dude's an evil leader of a country he purposefully keeps uneducated so no one will be capable of challenging his rule. His main "power" is also his brain, which we've seen can be done realistically on film in Iron Man.

With people like Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, and Kim Jong Il in our history, I don't think it would be hard to make a realistic Doom.

Here's a shopped shot I like.

goddamndoom.jpg

Isn't that the panel where Doom originally calls Ms. Marvel a "cow"? :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"