I AM DOOM! : The Doctor Doom Moments We Want To See In The MCU

Well yeah. She could work. Doom would have one heck of a sexy mother though. But that would be just when she's young. What about when older?

And should she wear a face mask and lipstick and call herself Coco like in Superhero Squad? And should she do the vacuuming?

Well she died when she was young, and souls don't age, do they?

Well she died when she was young, and souls don't age, do they?
Yeah, but we don't know how backstory will be written or rewritten. His mother might not even figure that much into it when things come around.

Yeah, but we don't know how backstory will be written or rewritten. His mother might not even figure that much into it when things come around.

It would be disappointing if she doesn't play a major role in Doom's story - though his story may not be told in much detail for quite some time.

They need to have Abomination and Modok show up. Then Coco Von Doom can ask who are Victor's friends. Then he can reply that they are not his friends but henchmen he has employed to hench.

It would be disappointing if she doesn't play a major role in Doom's story - though his story may not be told in much detail for quite some time.

She is one of the driving forces behind Doom. Half of what he does, he does because of her to free her. It's the main reason he's learned sorcery. They could show flashbacks to her, especially in a Doom movie. She can appear with a vacuum cleaner and Doom mask with lipstick.

You know who would be a fun coco von doom?

Sophia Loren

She is one of the driving forces behind Doom. Half of what he does, he does because of her to free her. It's the main reason he's learned sorcery. They could show flashbacks to her, especially in a Doom movie. She can appear with a vacuum cleaner and Doom mask with lipstick.

I know what you're hoping for. I forget the name of that actress you were obsessed with though. :funny:

rule63doom5.jpg

[YT]q5FcKAe4M1w[/YT]

Oh man, I live in a world where this can now become a reality.

Last edited:
I know this tread is about Dr Doom in the MCU, but whatever happened to the Fox Doom film by Noah Hawley?
The last thing I heard about it was the announcement at SDCC.
Do you think it's being scuppered by the Disney/Fox deal?

Oh, I think that was just talk. After the last fantastic four movie flopped it pretty much put the kibbutch on anything else vaguely connected to it happening.

Until Disney bought fox of course

I know this tread is about Dr Doom in the MCU, but whatever happened to the Fox Doom film by Noah Hawley?

Hawley said he hasn't heard anything from executives regarding the merger or the future of this project, so as far as he's concerned he'll continue on like it's"business as usual".

Oh, I think that was just talk. After the last fantastic four movie flopped it pretty much put the kibbutch on anything else vaguely connected to it happening.

Until Disney bought fox of course

Not really, studios hear pitches and talk to directors all the time the fact that Hawley confirmed it showed that Fox Studios not only had a meeting about it was interested in the idea. My guess is they asked Hawley to put together a treatment to pitch and if they like it order a script to be written. Fox did seem willing to take another crack at the FF property, so I wouldn't say the project was dead before the deal. If I recalled the project was never officially announced either just a leak.

With Disney buying Fox any future FF plans are on hold. Chances are Hawley can still get his idea heard but I doubt Marvel Studios is interested. Feige is always interested in talking with directors and discussing potential ideas. It's more about whether the idea works with their plans.

But safe money is on it being dead in the water.

It would be great if they could bring a guy like Hawley into the fold.

I think it's a question of how much of Foxs pre-deal plans are still going ahead. The deals been agreed by Disney and Fox, but that doesn't mean it'll definately happen, look at how the Warners / AT&T deals gotten bogged down.
Fox can't just put everything on hold for a deal that may or may not come through.
Obviously things like Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2, New Mutants and Legion s2 are too far along in development to be stopped.
Hawleys Doom film is going to be in very early stages, and isn't building off an established franchise, so I can see how it'd be easier to drop.
What got me thinking it might still have a shot was the news the other day about the Gifted getting renewed for a second series. This suggests that they aren't just finishing up things that were already on the slate, but continuing to move forward with their plans until the deal actually goes into affect.

I think anything that isn't already in production or finished are put on hold; Fox probably don't want to do anything to peeve off their buyer by adding more movies into the fray, particularly related to Marvel since it had been an issue that had caused frictions in the past.

I think it's a question of how much of Foxs pre-deal plans are still going ahead. The deals been agreed by Disney and Fox, but that doesn't mean it'll definately happen, look at how the Warners / AT&T deals gotten bogged down.
Fox can't just put everything on hold for a deal that may or may not come through.
Obviously things like Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2, New Mutants and Legion s2 are too far along in development to be stopped.
Hawleys Doom film is going to be in very early stages, and isn't building off an established franchise, so I can see how it'd be easier to drop.
What got me thinking it might still have a shot was the news the other day about the Gifted getting renewed for a second series. This suggests that they aren't just finishing up things that were already on the slate, but continuing to move forward with their plans until the deal actually goes into affect.

The Gifted and Legion are a joint production by both Fox and Marvel, so they received consent from Marvel before greenlighting a second season. The movies are an entirely different matter.

The Fox/Disney deal and the At&tt/Time Warner are very different type of deals. The Time Warner deal with At&t is a vertical merger whilst the Disney/Fox deal is a horizontal merger. And don't forget the blockage for the At&t deal is partially political. Trump seems in favor of the deal(largely due to the fact it will benefit Fox News which is basically the Pro-Trump Network). The DOJ actually stipulated that Time Warner had to sell off CNN in order to be approved(Spoiler alert: Trump hates CNN). The way of the Fox/Disney deal is structured allows for concessions to be made in order for the deal to approved.

Is it possible the deal might not go through? Of course. Though much less likely than the Time Warner/AT&T merger.

Last edited:
It's not like the Noah Hawley film/Dr. Doom movie was even greenlit. It was a project that was in early development.

Tons of movies get developed for years and years and still never materialize. Unless it gets the fast track or green light, it's not really a reality yet.

I think the only other Fox X-Men movie that might come about this year is Gambit, but that's about it. Honestly, if Gambit ends up getting sidelined, I wouldn't be surprised with that outcome either.

I've come around to thinking... Maybe MS will do a DOOM origin film as a prelude to FF? Think about it... You get a lot of meat on Doom's bones by showcasing him in a film about who he is and what made him what he is, it would fit the complex nature of the character to have him as the "protagonist" in his own film and then be the villain for the FF, and it would be a wonderful "first" for the modern age of CBMs. The first true Marvel/DC super hero story all about a major villain and where he came from. And it builds hype for the FF. The only person from the first family you need to cast is Reed. And that's good news to me as well. Get Reed right and his dynamic with Doom presented well and that's a good chunk of stuff that plays into a vibrant and quality FF franchise.

I've come around to thinking... Maybe MS will do a DOOM origin film as a prelude to FF? Think about it... You get a lot of meat on Doom's bones by showcasing him in a film about who he is and what made him what he is, it would fit the complex nature of the character to have him as the "protagonist" in his own film and then be the villain for the FF, and it would be a wonderful "first" for the modern age of CBMs. The first true Marvel/DC super hero story all about a major villain and where he came from. And it builds hype for the FF. The only person from the first family you need to cast is Reed. And that's good news to me as well. Get Reed right and his dynamic with Doom presented well and that's a good chunk of stuff that plays into a vibrant and quality FF franchise.

I think there's a snowball's chance in hell Marvel would do this.

Should they do it? That could be debated, but I would be against it.

Doom should be the ultimate villain in the Marvel Universe, and for that to happen, he should be ruthless, powerful, feared and a little mysterious.

If you want to scare someone, turn off the light. The less they see and the less they know about what's around them, the more frightened they will be.

And the less we know about Doom, the more frightening he will be.

Eventually, as with the comics, we'll inevitably learn more about Doom and his back-story and motivations - and those elements should be there behind the character from the start.

But I want the audience's first impression of Doom to be one of a monstrous, invulnerable, unbeatable thing - not human and certainly not a kid.

I think there's a snowball's chance in hell Marvel would do this.

Should they do it? That could be debated, but I would be against it.

Doom should be the ultimate villain in the Marvel Universe, and for that to happen, he should be ruthless, powerful, feared and a little mysterious.

If you want to scare someone, turn off the light. The less they see and the less they know about what's around them, the more frightened they will be.

And the less we know about Doom, the more frightening he will be.

Eventually, as with the comics, we'll inevitably learn more about Doom and his back-story and motivations - and those elements should be there behind the character from the start.

But I want the audience's first impression of Doom to be one of a monstrous, invulnerable, unbeatable thing - not human and certainly not a kid.

Doom needs to be a little blond kid who flies around in a pod racer with a Jar Jar Binks-like sidekick. When you see his shadow it appears as Doom, foreshadowing what he's going to become. :o

I just hope Doom (not millionaire tycoon Dr. *****e from the Tim Story movies or whiny insecure Doombot from FantFourStic, but DOOM) shows up in the MCU as soon as possible. I don’t even need to see the F4 for a while, but I want Doom showing up and becoming the next big bad in the Marvel universe. I’ve waited my whole life to see this character done right. I hope it happens soon.

Whether that Doom film comes to fruition or not is dependent on how that Venom movie performs. If Venom comes out and it's a surprise hit like Deadpool then Fox will be fast-tracking that Doom film, if it bombs then it will never see he light of day and has no more of chance of happening than that Silver Surfer movie(JMS was attached to write) Fox was planning after Rise Of The Silver Surfer was released.

Theoretically, after the massive failure of Fan4stic, a solo Doom is more feasible for Fox than a fourth stab another FF film since it'd have a moderate, less expensive budget(more than an actual FF flick). I speculate that Fox was considering rebooting the FF franchise through a Doom film and in the scenario that it proved successful enough they would use that film to springboard another FF film with Doom yet again as the main foe. Hawley's comments don't really say much other than the merger hasn't immediately pulled the plugs on the project. If anything, his comments reveal a lot more that he doesn't know than what he does know. He's basically saying "As far I know I don't know how the deal affects the fate of the project, but since I haven't heard a peep out of em' on how it affects it then that means the train is still in motion currently."

Last edited:
Whether that Doom film comes to fruition or not is dependent on how that Venom movie performs. If Venom comes out and it's a surprise hit like Deadpool then Fox will be fast-tracking that Doom film, if it bombs then the will film never see he light of day and has no more of chance of happening than that Silver Surfer movie(JMS was attached to write) Fox was planning after Rise Of The Silver Surfer was released.

Theoretically, after the massive failure of Fan4stic, a solo Doom is more feasible for Fox than a fourth stab another FF film since it'd require a moderate, less expensive budget than an actual FF flick. I speculate that Fox was considering rebooting the FF franchise through a Doom film and in the scenario that it proved successful enough they would use that film to springboard another FF film with Doom yet again as the main foe. Hawley's comments don't really say much other than the merger hasn't immediately pulled the plugs on the project. If anything, his comments reveal a lot more that he doesn't know than what he does know. He's basically saying "As far I know I don't know how the deal affects the fate of project, but since I haven't heard a peep out of em' on how the it affects it then that means the train is still in motion currently."

From his comments, he hasn't even finished the script yet:

“I haven’t had a phone call, and I’m just operating under the assumption that it’s business as usual,” Hawley said. “Obviously, the merger, should it go through, will take a year at least. Certainly no one’s reached out to me from Marvel or Fox to say, ‘Well, you know, maybe we should take a beat or maybe we should rush.’ I’m working on the script, and we’ll see what the landscape is when I deliver it.”

So figure maybe March or April he delivers a script. Then the script needs to be reviewed and evaluated. They'll have to estimate a budget, anticipated box office etc., and then they might green-light ... or ask for a rewrite.

It's unlikely anything will be green-lit before fall at the absolute earliest, and by then the deal will be close to done and they won't have even started preproduction.

So figure maybe March or April he delivers a script. Then the script needs to be reviewed and evaluated. They'll have to estimate a budget, anticipated box office etc., and then they might green-light ... or ask for a rewrite.

It's unlikely anything will be green-lit before fall at the absolute earliest, and by then the deal will be close to done and they won't have even started preproduction.

It's rather astonishing how similar Venom and Doom are in terms of situations: Venom and Doom are getting(or in the specific case of Doom) might be getting a solo film when neither character has yet to be done justice to on the big screen. At least with Warner's rumored solo Joker movie a sensible financial argument for it being made exists since the Joker has been done justice to twice on film and Joker is as a popular a film vilian as he is a comic villain. Making a solo Doctor Doom film is like making a Darth Vader film without introducing him first in Star Wars. Doom has never been done on film, sure there was that lame Norman Osborn-wannabe corporate tycoon from the first Tim Story abomination, and that blogging basement dwelling crash test dummy in the third Josh Trank abomination were trying to be Doom but they were not Doctor Doom--they were cheap imitations--much like Kylo Ren is Ben Solo's cheap imitation of a giant that Solo's feet is too small to fill the shoes of. We’ve never had Doom on film before.

I'm not even sure Fox is even that fully committed to the idea of a Doctor Doom film. It really sounds like one of those ideas that kind of spit balled at the last minute while brainstorming what next to do with a property they've been struggling with and ultimately decided to do since it'd be cheaper than doing another FF film again. Doom needs to be done justice to with the first family first before he can be on his on own with his first film.

It'd figure they'll take the wait and see approach and observe how that Venom movie does(still can't believe that movie is really happening) before they make a final decision. Though I think it'll become increasingly unlikely that film ever comes to fruition.

Here's some more quotes from Hawley about the film.
Doctor Doom will be Hawley’s priority after season 2 of Legion, so there’s a chance it could be ready to go into production before the merger.
“It’s coming,” Hawley promised. “I’m almost done with the last Legion script, and then it’s my first responsibility.”
Doctor Doom will be Hawley’s priority after season 2 of Legion, so there’s a chance it could be ready to go into production before the merger.
“It’s comingHawley promised. “I’m almost done with the last Legion script, and then it’s my first responsibility"
surejan.w529.h352.2x.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"