The Doctor Doom Thread

Yeah they can just forget about that. Or say “oh he was my brother” lol

Mads Mikkelsen would have worked if he hadn't already played Kaecilius in the first Doctor Strange. On the other hand, that was pretty forgettable role he was offered.
Exactly...I think he can still work....I mean Mads is just too good of a choice to let a wasted role like Kaecillius get in the way if giving us a dream version of the Latverian lord

When are we even gonna be seeing Doom anyway? Right now, FF looks like a Galactus movie with him basically not in it unless he is a post credits tease. No other projects to date have Doom rumored in them, so if Mads was cast, we may not even see it for like 3 or 4 years

Re: Javier Bardem as Galactus

Perhaps the trades got the names mixed up.
Maybe Antonio Banderas is STILL Galactus but it is Javier Bardem that IS DOCTOR DOOM!

I personally would be fine with Bardem as Doom. He knows how to play a scary villain.
OTOH, Bardem as Galactus and Mass Mikkelsen as Doom is even better.

I just saw Javier in the little mermaid where they gave his voice a massive bass boost. Wouldn’t surprise me if Disney saw it and thought Galactus

Well if they do cast Mads, there is nothing say that he can't start showing up in a series of mid credits or post credits for the upcoming slate and then BAM clobber them in Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars....

Ultron, which was created by Tony...maybe Victor is actually another person who had been burned by Tony Stark!

I kid, but I'm sure we won't get another antagonist who has some connection to Tony Stark.
Doom closing Latveria's doors or seizing the land after Sokovia's events is about the only connection to Tony that would be acceptable.

Well...I wonder if Doom does now become the one and only villain in light of the news about Majors...or do they recast???

They're gonna rush Doom now. Swell.

They're gonna rush Doom now. Swell.
There is still plenty of time for Doom to come in and still get a good development...Thanos appeared what twice before his own movie...Avengers 5 could easily be the Doom movie before Secret Wars now that its untitled

Jeff Sneider is saying they are not recasting Kang and Marvel will do Doom

Super gahdamn lame if true.
No...not lame...if true. That's who should have been leading these phases anyway...Doom should have been phases 1 -3 not Thanos if it wasn't for the Fox rights issue...now for 4 through 6, getting him back should have been priority and if you are talking Secret Wars, Kang should have never ever had a chance...Doom is far greater a threat in the end...always has been...always will be...

No...not lame...if true. That's who should have been leading these phases anyway...Doom should have been phases 1 -3 not Thanos if it wasn't for the Fox rights issue...now for 4 through 6, getting him back should have been priority and if you are talking Secret Wars, Kang should have never ever had a chance...Doom is far greater a threat in the end...always has been...always will be...

I don’t really care about what “should have been.” They’ve started this story around Kang. I’d like to see them wrap it up properly with a new actor in place. Abandoning ship is a lame tactic to me.

I don’t really care about what “should have been.” They’ve started this story around Kang. I’d like to see them wrap it up properly with a new actor in place. Abandoning ship is a lame tactic to me.
Agreed 100%. People are underestimating the amount of trouble it would be for Marvel to drop Kang and reconfigure their plans for the next few years when they can just recast the character and call it a day.

Besides, as much as I want to see Dr. Doom and agree he should've been this saga's villain, introducing him as a last minute pivot would do the character a disservice.

Doom should be the big bad of the next saga with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four.

Jeff Sneider is saying they are not recasting Kang and Marvel will do Doom
I am betting its gonna still be Kang in the end and he will be recast. Every insider will have their own "scoop" but these yahoo's don't know anything. They've been giving us a FF cast for almost a year now, and constantly having to walk it back. Pivoting to Doom is just going to feel rushed this late in the game, and Doom deserves better. Recasting Kang is just the simplest solution.

I hope that if they scrap Kang ( which wouldn’t be a bad idea, because the Multiverse is a mess and I don’t think it’s clicking with fans), they start completely fresh and create a story specifically for Doom.

They can’t just drop Doom into Kang’s story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"