I AM DOOM! : The Doctor Doom Moments We Want To See In The MCU

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
Title says it all. What moments from the comics do you want to see Doom pull off in live action?

What original, non comics based actions do you want to see the good Doctor take in the MCU?

Any particular characters you want to see him match wits or powers against?

This is the place for it.

Unfortunately Fox has already ruined the one thing I'd really like to see: Dr. Doom stealing the power of the Silver Surfer.

But one thing I definitely still want to see is Ben being too stubborn and foolish to realize he's completely outmatched by Doom. It's the ultimate battle of pure heart, grit and determination vs. cold, calculated technological power:

2380148-100000megavoltsty3.jpg

I know its a long shot, but...
powermandoom02-hfh9.jpg

My gawd I want to see that scene so bad! Maybe not with Luke Cage because to be honest, I'm not fond of Coltor's cage.......maybe with Falcon because I can soooo see him delivering that line.

That Luke Cage moment is a winner.

Doctor Strange and Doom vs. Mephisto would be cool too.

I'd love Doom's origin story eventually.

Also it needs to be crystal clear the Doom mastered black magic along with technology.

We need a proper team ass whupping. Something like what we saw in EMH.

I would especially love to see the bit where doom plots how to kill the entire cabal while Osborn is talking

I picked up a good chunk of Hickman's run during one of the Marvel digital sales, and I loved how he showed the close relationship between Valeria Richards and her Unky Doom. The relationship between the team and Doom was more complicated in Jonathan's portrayal, and I would love to see this onscreen.

1676784-ff_583_021_copy.jpg

I won't accept anything other than full-on Doom. Meaning I won't accept anything remotely comparable to Zemo in Civil War, Doom in Fant4stic, Doom in the Tim Story films or the like. Full on Jack Kirby/Stan Lee Doom. All or nothing.

I will not make any concessions for an MCU version of Doom. None.

Otherwise the whole acquisition will be pointless.

Any moment where Doom refers to himself in the third person.....plenty of choices there.

I won't accept anything other than full-on Doom. Meaning I won't accept anything remotely comparable to Zemo in Civil War, Doom in Fant4stic, Doom in the Tim Story films or the like. Full on Jack Kirby/Stan Lee Doom. All or nothing.

I will not make any concessions for an MCU version of Doom. None.

Otherwise the whole acquisition will be pointless.

Any moment where Doom refers to himself in the third person.....plenty of choices there.

Thinking on this and... Now I realize that there's a missing piece, and it's important in my view to make it work for the audience... Boris. Doom on the big screen needs to have Boris around. Add him and Doom sounds at least halfway sane with his prounouncments and third person posturing. Take away a Boris like character and Doom just comes off like a Saturday morning cartoon. Again... Imagine him in live action, in the three dimensional world a film is supposed to be recreating. Now imagine Doom anything close to his comic version alone on screen going on about how great he is by himself? Now see the same stuff only with him conversing with Boris. Which comes off better?

Meaning I won't accept anything remotely comparable to Zemo in Civil War, Doom in Fant4stic, Doom in the Tim Story films or the like.

What? :huh:
I thought the GA thought Civil War is a way better movie than those others?
Did I miss something?

Did I miss something?

Zemo is just an aggrieved citizen of Sokovia wanting revenge for his family. He wasn't the big evil Nazi villain like he should be. He's more like Magneto from X-Men Apocalypse except without powers.

I'm also dying to see more of what a totalitarian society latveria is

Did I miss something?
Zemo is weak in that film. It was a waste of that character. I won't accept a half-***ed Victor Von Doom.

Ooh... I just thought of a must. Doom has to refer to Mr. Fantastic as "Richards", period.

I always like when they do that in the comics.

"Richards, you fool!"

"So, Richards thinks he's figured out my plan... Ha! The fool!"

"Whatever shall you do now, Richards? Your family cannot help you now!"

Conversely I always think Reed is being just a bit passive aggressive whenever he calls Doom by his first name.

"Victor, what do you hope to accomplish with all this?"

"If you think the world will just roll over for you like a trained dog Victor, you don't understand humanity as well as you believe you do."

"This power is overwhelming your suit Victor! Release it and you might survive!"

I think it's only when Doctor Doom crosses some personal line that Reed in anger calls him "Doom". That's how you know **** just got real.

Last edited:
The FF need to mostly refer to him as Doom or Dr Doom, and not always "Victor" like in the Story movies or the Trank movie. Stop personalising him so much.

The FF need to mostly refer to him as Doom or Dr Doom, and not always "Victor" like in the Story movies or the Trank movie. Stop personalising him so much.

I didn't say the FF. I said Reed. The one that always had the personal connection to Doom. Also if you noticed I said my thinking from the comics is... It's a bit pass aggro on Reed's part when he does it. It's a way of needling Doom a bit. In my mind it's also Reed's way to deflate Doom. It's like, "Look, I know to the world you are the larger than life genius tyrant with dreams of world domination, but to me you're always gonna be that guy that didn't double check his math and let his experiment blow up in his face."

If you think that's being familiar, well, you're wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"